Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SommayaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Can you tell me how to use berberis aquifolium ointment on face. I am using this ointment and I apply it at night. Am I using this cream properly? if not, so please tell me which time should I apply this ointment?
Dark circles treatment? Please suggest me treatment fir the same. I have this problem since 2 month.
Actually I am suffering from pimples. Please give me proper solution how to overcome from this pimples?
I am 27 years old male. I am suffering from skin problem on my stomach and on bumb since last 3 years. Its got me very itching and its very irritating me. Please help me and give a proper solution. Before this I have consultant with many doctors, now I am taking homeopathy treatment but there is no response, I am taking homeopathy treatment last 15 days. Kindly please help.
I am 20 years old I have skin problem. In my face have same pimples and scratching any time but at night is high scratchy. Please share same use full solution to solve it.
I am 19 and I have light coloured facial hair which is not visible at all and I want to grow facial hair, can you tell me about the medicine intake and dosage and also about home remedies about it, like I have heard about garlic and ashwagandha, please help doctor please. And last request it should work in very less time, it is resulting into my depression.
One of the most common treatments for melasma is sun protection. This means wearing sunscreen every day and reapplying the sunscreen every 2 hours.
Women are far more likely than men to get melasma. It is so common during pregnancy that some people call it the mask of pregnancy. Hormones seem to trigger melasma.
Melasma: signs and symptoms
Common signs (what you see) of melasma are brown or gray-brown patches on the face. These patches most commonly appear on the:
Bridge of the nose.
Above the upper lip.
Chin. Some people get patches on their forearms or neck.
What causes melasma?
What causes melasma is not yet clear. It likely occurs when the color-making cells in the skin (melanocytes) produce too much color. People with skin of color are more prone to melasma because they have more active melanocytes than those with light skin.
Common melasma triggers (what starts it) include:
Sun exposure: ultraviolet (uv) light from the sun stimulates the melanocytes. In fact, just a small amount of sun exposure can make melasma return after fading. Sun exposure is why melasma often is worse in summer. It also is the main reason why many people with melasma get it again and again.
A change in hormones: pregnant women often get melasma. When melasma appears in pregnant women, it is called chloasma, or the mask of pregnancy. Birth control pills and hormone replacement medicine also can trigger melasma.
Cosmetics: skin care products that irritate the skin may worsen melasma.
Procedures: if a topical medicine does not get rid of your melasma, a procedure may succeed. Procedures for melasma include a chemical peel (such as glycolic acid), microdermabrasion, and dermabrasion.
I m 21. Male. My color is fair but my hidden parts and their surrounding area are dark. What should I do to whiten them.
According to Ayurveda, when pitta (hot property of the body) increased in the body it leads to hair problems.
And there things also necessary to keep in mind while treatment of hair problem:-
1. Poor nutritional level (lack of vitamins, minerals etc)
2. Stress and anger.
For overcome this hair problem.
1. Take more green leafy vegetables which are easy to digest and contains vitamins, minerals etc.
2. Don't take fast food, junk food, oily food, spicy food, Chinese, Panjabi, potato, rice, heavy food etc which disturbs digestive system.
3. Manage streets and anger. It is most necessary.
4. Take a glass of milk two times in a day.
5. Morning walk / yoga asana / pranayama like shitali, shitkari etc/ deep breathing exercise / walking for an hour 5 days in a week. Regular do these.
6. Drink water 3 litres per day. It helps in absorption of nutrients in the abdomen.
7. Don't take opposite diets like milk and carrots, milk and sour fruits etc.
8. Don't suppress natural urges like urine, stool etc.
9. Avoid constipation. Take one spoon ghee in a glass of milk at night time for stool problem.
10. Don't use chemical base hair products. Always use herbal base hair products.
Iam using one year tugain solution, finpecia medicine's. Its got good results. When I stop the medicine's hair fall Start's. Please suggest me permanent solution. I don't have any diseases.
I am a scabies patient and i am pregnant in my 8th month pregnancy how can it harm on my baby? please advise.
I am losing hair quickly. What to do? I use matrix biolage serum sometimes and use shampoo almost every time I bath.
Iam a teen age boy now when I was born iam good in colour and fair but now I lost all those fairness. Can I get that all fairness back. Please help me.
I have hair fall issue badly from past 10 days. The volume of hair is reduced. Its like 3-4 strands are coming out together Need help Kindly suggest wat I can do to get rid of it.
Hiiiii I am 21 years old I am suffering from dandruff . Now you prescribe natural remedy to get rid off. Then I want know whether applying lime to head anything will happen.
Sir my age is 17 year only I have pimples In my face I use all kind of facewash but it doesn't work please prescribe some medicine. I want remove pimples in 7 days please give me solution.
Itching Hello, I am having red patches on my body two on my neck ,three on my hands, and some on my legs, itching takes place after they dry it leaves a black mark. Kindly guide me on this and tell me what medicines to take Thanks.
Healthy, beautiful and soft skin is a dream of everyone. A good and well balanced diet can help to get perfect skin. Make sure your diet is rich in vitamins and proteins, also natural herbs can be useful in maintaining healthy skin. Here are some healthy foods, herbs and natural tips for good looking skin.
Food for Healthy Skin
• Fresh Green Salad/Raw Vegetables: (2-3 serving/day) : Tomato, Cucumber, Radish, Carrot, Cabbage, Mentha, Coriander, Green Onion etc.
• Fresh green leafy Vegetables : (2-3 serving/day) : Spinach, Fenugreek, Gourd, French Beans, Green Beans, Peas, Cauliflower, Capsicum etc.
• Fresh seasonal fruits (3-4 serving/day) : Apple, Sweet Lemon, Litchi, Pear, Banana, Papaya, Pomegranate.
• Sprouted Cereals: Daily 1 Plate.
• Water intake 10-12 glass/day.
Natural Herbs for Healthy Skin
• Fresh Vegetables: Carrot, Tomato, Cucumber
• Fresh Fruits: Sweet Lemon, Pomegranate
• Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, Cabbage, Lemon, Mentha
Wash, peel, cut and mix any of the above combination. Extract juice and consume daily.
• Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – Quantity: 2
• Lemon – Quantity: 1
• Any fresh citrus fruit – Quantity: 2
• Fresh leafy veg. – Quantity: 100 gm
• Honey – Quantity: 1 teaspoon
Wash peel, cut and mix all the above items. Extract juice and consumes daily.
• Use face wash and body wash for cleaning face and body.
• Always apply moisturizer after bathing (whole body and face).
• Away from stress and junk and fast food.