Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somesh Srivastav
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Somesh SrivastavYour feedback matters!
Hi i am 26 year old married i had got my periods on 24 th January and lasted for 3 days on.First and third day of period i had unprotected sex and on.14th February i had unprotected sex what are my chances of pregnancy and i never have irregular periods
Sir I hve sex after one week of my periods tht to we use condoms bt accidentally it break bt within 12 hour I taken precautions I pill will there is any chance to get pregnant?
My wife is pregnant of 3 weeks nd 2 days. Can she get mifeprin kit 4 tab fr terminate of pregnancy. Will any side effect occur in future? Experts plzz help me nd give me a suitable advice nd if need give d medicine name in place of mifeprin.
Gestational surrogacy : where a gestational surrogate (or a surrogate mother) agrees to carry a child who is not biologically related to her.
In other words, if there is a patient who cannot carry a pregnancy to a full term for any medical or non-medical reasons can seek the help of a third person, a gestational surrogate, to carry the pregnancy for them. A surrogate is a wonderful option for women having trouble to conceive.
Traditional Surrogacy: In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate is pregnant with her own biological child, but this child will be raised by others.
In gestational surrogacy, the surrogate becomes pregnant via embryo transfer with a child that is not biologically her own. The surrogate mother may be called the gestational carrier.
Once a suitable surrogate has been identified, and the screening process is complete, the cycle can begin. Timing depends on the surrogate’s and intended parents/donors menstrual cycle.
First time IVF - tips for men
Preparing for an IVF cycle physically as well as emotionally is as important for men as it is for women. Additionally, if it's the first time you are opting for an IVF then it will help a lot if you prepare for it in advance. There are many issues to consider like your hormonal balance, sperm count, your general health, physical and emotional issues experienced by you and your partner during the process etc. Read on to find some effective tips that will ensure that you can smoothly complete the procedure and support your partner in doing so.
1. Gather information about the process
If you and your partner are opting for IVF for the first time then it will be beneficial for you both to know about the process first. It always helps if you are familiar with the uncertainties involved and prepare yourself to face any complexities arising during the cycle.
2. Seek emotional support from family and friends or join a support group
You should build a small supportive social circle of family and friends for yourself and your partner to deal with the stress and emotional changes experienced during the process. Alternatively, joining an online infertility support group also proves to be effective.
3. Opt for fertility cleansing
Fertility cleansing for men is as important as it for women as it ensures a healthy hormonal balance. The simplest steps would be to abstain from using plastic containers for eating and drinking, consuming organic food and fertility boosting foods as well as not having soy-based food products or alcohol.
4. Provide proper nourishment to your body
For this ask your doctor to suggest a diet which will boost male fertility and ensure better sperm health. Moreover, you can have multivitamin supplements to get essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Also, keep yourself hydrated by consuming at least 8 glasses of clean water every day.
5. Look after yourself and your partner
Ensure that you and your partner remain fit and healthy during the cycle by consuming a healthy diet. To keep stress at bay try exercising for 30 minutes daily or opt for fertility yoga or regular meditation. You may also think about seeking the help of a counsellor to strategically deal with the process. According to your preferences decide whether you want to have the counselling session with or without your partner.
Hello doctor. My girlfriend age 20 is 7 weeks pregnant. We want abortion. Surgical abortion .what is the cost of that. And best clinic for that.
We are trying for the baby from past 6 months but its still not happening. We undergo all the tests from ultrasound to hormonal and blood tests, my husband semen test and all the tests were normal. I am having biopreg and fertisure tablets from past 6 months. I don't know where is the problem. Pmz advise is there any tests should we go for? Please advise.
3 Key Things to Know About Female Sexuality
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.