Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Somesh ChhabraYour feedback matters!
My memory is too weak, generally I forget the thing where I have saw it lst time. What should I do? But good thing is I can understand difficult concepts easily compare to others but can't hold it for long time. Please help me.
I am week in my studies I was very intelligent before but now I feel like why am I doing it why? I have to study But I don't know why this is happening help me please.
i am suffering nausea for last 3 months. I have use rabeprazole, itopride, mirtazapine, but I have not progress from diseases. I also have anxiety. What I will do at that time?
Dear Sir, I am 30 years male doing field job having stressful day with continuous standing and walking .I am feeling leg cramps in all the day especially in the night .Today morning onwards my left leg feeling symptoms like symptoms severe cramps from the knee towards foot. At the foot one blood vein is beating fast .What can I do for this please suggest any Thanks in advance.
I am 20 years old and I have amenorrhea from puberty and now I have memory loss and blurred vision and depression i am feeling lazy and uncontrolled I am mentally disturbed please help me out.
I am very very afraid of lot of things in my life. I have lot of phobias and my mind is completely collapsed of fear all the time. Even though certain things doesn't matter for me but my brain is not accepting and creating more fear. I don't have friends, I am single and have none to share my fear. Please help me how to stabilise my mind and to stop fear. I am now more afraid of local thieves and slum people. Nowadays more bike thieves arising and these guys would kill people for money just like that. Lots of crimes and I AM TIRED OF BEING cautious ALL THE TIME. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't go out. I couldn't speak in public. .I couldn't park my bike or car and do my work. My mind just threatens me all the time. I do over think a lot. Please help me out I AM AFRAID THAT ONE DAY I WILL BECOME MENTAL. Please help me out. I want to be brave and how to remove all the negative thoughts from my mind. I am feeling shy to ask help for my cowardness directly. Please help.
I have stress all the day because of which I am not able to concentrate on my work. Is there any medicine for that. please help me.
I can't forget my ex girlfriend at any cost. I always contemplate on her. Her memories gush through my mind. I have become ecstatic and almost mad without her. Pls help me.
I always go with my past memories good and bad both types and this thing retards with daily basis work. Great people often say never live in past. Any suggestions ro get rid from it?
I am 23 Male, 177 cm height, 90kgs weight. My main problem is regarding my 10.5 cm (erect) penis. On flaccid state it looks really tiny, even in erect state I am tiny compared to average standard size. I strongly doubt that this is due to my testicles that appears to be small than any common man has. Also one among the testicle (left one) is considerably smaller than right one. Also I have problems while masturbating, it is that I cannot produce self lubrication since I have started masturbation.
Hello doc, I have been a regular user of antidepressant pills in the past. The doctor prescribed me sertraline pills. However I stopped taking the pills once I was fine. Recently I started feeling depression again. Should I restart the. Medicine?
Getting Hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again heightened mal-perception causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
Risk factors for Depression:
• Depression in a close relative
• Major life stress
• Recurrent stresses
• Broken relationship
• Child abuse
• Family break-up
• Substance abuse (e.g. alcohol, marijuana)
• Social isolation—due to race or sexuality
• Sexual maladjustment
• School failure
• Health problems