Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Somesh ChhabraYour feedback matters!
My friend is behive like mental. He run away sometime and shakes hands alltime people says that is black magic but i'll dont believe on it help me please
Hi. I am 22 year old boy. I am in a relationship since last 5 years, its a distant relationship, but I oftenly use to meet her. I love her a lot. She means a lot to me and I want to spend whole of my life with her only. It is not a lustful relationship. My love for her kept flourishing with time like a flower does. I had a truly bonding with her, now also I am having but this is what I want to discuss about, since last two years, I had been suffering from anxiety and due to that, I also suffered with somewhat depression. But now I am not having depression. And if I talk about anxiety, then I do not know whether is it there or not but I do feel like brain fog now, my head feels like something is missing out from my middle part of head, it feels somewhat light inside my head. When I was extremely suffering with anxiety and dep. I used to wath porn and masturbate, with time it got increased, on average I used to masturbate 5 times a day, sometimes 6 or 7.I was very moral person and I think it was never good to do that with such a noble relation I am having, I believe that it was a cheating to her, my her. But still I did that coz it made me somewhat relaxed. Now what a problem is that I am not feeling emotionally with her like before. Those emotions which always made me smile, cry, excited, now I am not having them. And it hurts me and I feel so sad about that. I can not live my life without her. Yes I do can survive, but such a life without her is meaningless to me. I just want those emotions back in my life, I want to live her emotionally and physically and by all means. Please guide me.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.
I am suffering from mental disorders like stress and depression. I don't want to take medicines. What should I do?
Thanks for your suggestion. I am on Theo-asthalin tabs 1-0-1 and Aerocort inhaler, which contains both a long acting beta 2-agonist and a cartico steroid. Asthmatic attacks have disappeared. I have a question. I am on Valium 2 mg 1-0-1 for anxiety and Nitrosun 10 mg 0-1-0 for my afternoon distress. Of course, they have been prescribed by my psychiatrist. They belong to the same group viz Benzodiazepine. Kindly clarify, if they can be taken together out of fear of toxity.
Dear sir during sex time I used to take sex tablet vigora 100 mg and after that I stay doing sex continuously for an hour but during night my head as well as my body pains a lot and I do not feel like eating anything.
Hello sir. I have smoking habit since 15 years. Ryt now I'm feeling some uneasy since some days. Can you tell me at this time which type of health problems I can face because of smoking.
I am 47 years old woman, I am suffering from Rest Leg Syndrome, OCD, Diabetic, Thyroid since 10 years and Hiatus Hernia since 4 years. Medicines using Pramipex. 0.75 daily twiceMetadoze IPR 850 mg daily twice Thyronorm 25 mg daily 1 Now Not taking any tablets for OCD and Hiatus hernia as it is mild. RLS is very severe not able to sleep. Please help me doctor.
I had negative thinking due to this my girl friend and my family facing problems .I had smoking habit is there any chance to turn my mind towards positive thinking and quit smoking.
I am 31 year old male suffering from serious anxiety disorder with digestion problem from past 9 years. I have blurred vision and giddiness. Very scared of closed spaces. Taking etlaam ds from past 4 years, but no use at all. Just wanted to check whether paxil 12.5mg will work, or do I need to take anything else. Kindly suggest.
I am a loud talker I have very loud voice a heavy and harsh voice which cause embarrassment in public. How can I speak softly and can have a pleasant tone quality. Do I have any problem in my vocal cord.
I don't know what keep happening to me in every 5 days. I am preparing for medical. I read smoothly for 4 days then suddenly I drown and on the 5th day I become depressed. I want to cry. I feel sad. I waste my that day. Doing something on mobile or watching some movie. How do I control this? I don't like to live like this. In fact watching movie too don't work for me. After that too I remain depressed, sad. Then after 2 days, I automatically feel better and continue my studies.
Rett syndrome is a neurodevelopmenal disorder that affects girls almost exclusively. It is characterized by normal early growth and development followed by a slowing of development, loss of purposeful use of the hands, distinctive hand movements, slowed brain and head growth, problems with walking, seizures, and intellectual disability.
The disorder was identified by Dr. Andreas Rett, an Austrian physician who first described it in a journal article in 1966. It was not until after a second article about the disorder, published in 1983 by Swedish researcher Dr. Bengt Hagberg, that the disorder was generally recognized.
The course of Rett syndrome, including the age of onset and the severity of symptoms, varies from child to child. Before the symptoms begin, however, the child generally appears to grow and develop normally, although there are often subtle abnormalities even in early infancy, such as loss of muscle tone (hypotonia), difficulty feeding, and jerkiness in limb movements. Then, gradually, mental and physical symptoms appear. As the syndrome progresses, the child loses purposeful use of her hands and the ability to speak. Other early symptoms may include problems crawling or walking and diminished eye contact. The loss of functional use of the hands is followed by compulsive hand movements such as wringing and washing. The onset of this period of regression is sometimes sudden.
Apraxia — the inability to perform motor functions — is perhaps the most severely disabling feature of Rett syndrome, interfering with every body movement, including eye gaze and speech.
Children with Rett syndrome often exhibit autistic-like behaviors in the early stages. Other symptoms may include walking on the toes, sleep problems, a wide-based gait, teeth grinding and difficulty chewing, slowed growth, seizures, cognitive disabilities, and breathing difficulties while awake such as hyperventilation, apnea (breath holding), and air swallowing