Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somesh Chhabra
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somesh ChhabraYour feedback matters!
Sometimes you may find yourself stuck in a rut, which is both frustrating and mind-numbing. If you’re in such a situation, it could be an indication that you need to reprogram your mind. This will help you set realistic goals for yourself and enable you to lead a fulfilling life. Before getting to the point as to how you can reprogram your mind, it is important to first understand how the mind works.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably, but the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described as a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. Mind is more like a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
The three states of mind
The mind can be categorized into three states:
- Conscious: Actions for which you need to make an effort and think about what you are doing are said to be performed by the conscious mind.
- Subconscious: The subconscious mind refers to the information that is accessible to you when needed and otherwise not something you pay attention to. For example, when walking down the road to your house, your mind subconsciously creates landmarks.
- Unconscious: The unconscious mind consists largely of primitive instincts and memories from early childhood that may not be easily recalled. It also contains memories from your past lives. That has been proved by the father of modern hypnotherapy, Dr. Brian Weiss. Thus, hypnotherapy under supervision is a great tool for reprogramming your mind. Further, embedding positive cognitive scripts/suggestions through hypnosis helps with it. A majority of our daily functions are controlled by the unconscious mind and the memories stored here are responsible for many decisions that we make based on beliefs.
Here are three easy tips to help you make your unconscious mind more efficient.
- Meditation: Meditation not only calms the mind and reduces stress, but can also help train the unconscious mind. Meditation helps increase your ability to concentrate on an activity and achieve the desired level of mental focus. This, in turn, helps develop new ideas and increases your belief in yourself.
- Visualize what you want to achieve: Merely telling yourself that you want to do better is not enough. You need to set a goal for yourself and visualize it to begin working towards it. For example - create a visual board of the type of house you would like to live in, the lifestyle and the job you would like to have. In a nutshell, be specific about what you want and avoid generalized visions.
- Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy is a safe, brief and effective way to deal with many emotional and anxiety-related issues. It enables you to deal with your own mental challenges and blocks so that you can build on your strengths and take control of your life.
Reprogramming the mind is a gradual process, which you can achieve with patience and the inclination to discipline yourself. By doing so, not only will you feel positive but it will also enable you to harness its potential.If you have any queries or concern you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!