Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Soma MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. I got recently married I am doing oral sex with my partner sir please I want to know any chances for HIV I don't use condom reason we are plan for child also.
I have sex with my husband before 5 days. But now I don't want to pregnant. So what can I do please suggest me?
Dear doctors I would like to have sex with my girlfriend. What are the measures to take to avoid pregnancy, other than using condom like any pills (if what are those and within how much duration could I take them and how. And by taking pills does there will be any effects in future. Please suggest me a solution.
Uterus measure 62*30*26 mm Endometrial 5 mm at time of scan Both ovaries enlarge in size and shows multiple small 2-4 mm cortical cyst. Stromal echogenecity (hyperplasia) present. Lt overy measure 34*23*26 mm. Volume 11 cc Rt ovary measure 32*24*22 mm. Volume 9 cc No free fluid in cul de sac. Impression: Finding are suggestive of? Pcod. It is my ultra sounds report what is mean that please kindly describes.
I have period cramps every month what should I do to get rid of it. Is there any pain killer to use on those times.
Hi, I am 25 years old I got abortion in 8th month of my pregnancy in last month 10th dew 2 long bones shorten in baby .diagnosed on scan skeletal dysplasia and polyhydramnios. So wen can I plan for a second baby. Nd is der any chances 2happen the same thing for the second baby.
In October, my bf said he had gonorrhea, he said he sprayed on some insect repellent on his skin but before he could wash his hands, he masturbated. He said he felt burning and he started to pee pus and they were other symptoms of the std ,few days later he got tested and he was positive. I never had sex with anyone else and he didn't (I know there could be a possibility he could've cheat but just day he didn't ). Could he have gotten it from the insect repellent?
I am in a live in relationship with my boy friend. We want to have sex without using protection. Without medicines I should use daily.
Plums originally originated in the continent of Asia. They are the member of the plant Genus Prunus, which also consists of apricots, cherries, and almonds. One can’t go wrong in adding plums in their diet. Plums have the qualities of being low in calories and they also enable you to meet your daily dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber needs. Some other amazing benefits of plums are :
- Low in calorie content: Plums contain few calories as compared to its portion size, as they are low-energy foods containing 70 calories. There are just 70 calories in two plums of medium sizes. It has been suggested by CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Preventions) that when one includes more amounts of low-energy dense foods in their diet, it can help them to limit their total amount of calorie intake for controlling hunger and weight loss.
- Good source of fiber: Plums are very good source of fiber. 2 grams of fiber can be found in two medium sized plums. In average, adults need about 20 to 30 grams of fiber in a day, where most people consume only around 15 grams of fiber. The fiber content in foods can help control hunger. Fiber also helps to add bulk to our stool. It helps to mitigate and prevent constipation. Fiber also has the power to prevent the risks of heart diseases by absorbing cholesterol from our blood stream.
- Low glycemic index food: The calories in plum come from the carbohydrates in the form of sugar. In two medium sized plums, there is about 19 grams of carbs and about 16 grams of sugar. Although plums are high in sugar and carbohydrates, plums are low glycemic index food. The glycemic index helps to rank the foods that contain carbohydrate on how and by how much they affect blood sugar. Foods with a high glycemic index can cause a brisk rise in blood sugar. Whereas foods with low glycemic index cause a little bit of rising in blood sugar. And also people who eat too many of high glycemic index food has a high risk of diabetes and also heart disease according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Whereas eating low glycemic index foods helps to control diabetes and also helps in weight loss.
- Good source of vitamin A: Eating two medium sized plums can provide about eight percent of a person’s daily need of vitamin A or 400 international units. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, development and growth, immune health, reproduction, and bone health. Vitamin A is also known as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Good source of vitamin C: It is an important water-soluble vitamin. We need a minimum intake of vitamin C in order to make collagen which also helps in healing of wounds and plums are rich in this nutrient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is being gradually (albeit heavily) dismantled, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to share explicitly divided opinions despite everything even till this day.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month' is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time. However, this remains challenged by the many upshots as enlisted below:
- Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviate the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
- Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time than if they hadn't had any intercourse. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to happen.
- No need for lubes
Your flow acts as an active and better lubrication during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubrications during the time of the month.
- Chances are that you might actually like it
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have inserted liberta cu250 IUD on 30/6/2016 by doctors advice. So when can I do intercourse with my partner & what are precautions needs to be taken while doing intercourse? Is condom needed still or not. Please reply.
Do you feel extremely tired many times in a day? Are you experiencing sudden weight gain, chills at night and hair loss? Is your neck a bit bloated up? If you are experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms, it might be that your body regulator- Thyroid- is unbalanced. Quick 3 tests can help you detect any abnormality - TSH, T3 and T4. Women were three times more likely to be affected by thyroid dysfunction than men. 1 in 10 adults in India suffers from hypothyroidism, with 50 per cent being women.
What is the thyroid gland?
The thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland in the front of the neck. It produces hormones that control the speed of your metabolism - the system that helps the body use energy. Thyroid disorders can slow down or rev up your metabolism by disrupting the production of thyroid hormones. When hormone levels become too low or too high, you may experience a wide range of symptoms.
What are the Symptoms?
Thyroid can be of 2 types - Hyper (Overactive) and Hypo (Underactive) Thyroid.
|High and Overactive Thyroid|
|Dry Skin & Hair||Tremors - Hand Shaking|
|Brittle Hair||Hair loss or thinning hair|
|Low Pulse||High Pulse|
|Weight Gain||Weight loss without trying|
|Intolerance to cold temperature||Intolerance to hot temperature|
|Swelling in lower part of neck||Swelling in lower part of neck|
The swelling in the neck is a major and most significant feature. Hence one should always do the Self Neck Test.
Who should be tested?
Women aged 35 and above or those with symptoms/risk factors/family history are the right candidates for screening. It has been estimated that 75% of the people suffering from thyroid are undiagnosed.
Diagnosing thyroid disorders - A simple blood test can provide an answer. TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) levels determine thyroid hypo and hyper function as it regulates the work of thyroid gland. Rarely an imaging study or biopsy is needed. Two additional tests may be required - T3 and T4.
What happens if Thyroid remains undetected?
As Thyroid disorders are hormonal imbalances, undetection can lead to a number of secondary complications:
- High Cholesterol and Hypertension
- Hair Fall
- Heart Disease
- Complications in pregnancy