Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SobtiYour feedback matters!
Lybrate | Dr. S P Ghosh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Hi I got an accident last 2 years back and I get plastic surgery on forehead and it was a big scar can I suggest how to remove d scar and what type of gel I apply pls can me suggest.
Give me hair fall solutions please plz tell me fast I m waiting your answer s rolling rolling solution s.
I have boils on my face which constantly came back, I think this is due to. The heat. Please suggest some homemade remedies.
I am suffering from burning epigastric region right side and raised sgot,sgpt from 2 year. Vertigo from 7 year. Please suggest me medicine ?
I am a 23 old female. I have hair growth issue. I don't have either hair fall or dandruff. But my hair is very thin and scalp is seen.
I am having a oily skin please tell me remedy about how should I take care so that my skin looks fresh whole day.
I am 25 yr old. And I don't know why my beard is not growing even I have enough mustache. Please help me and tell me how to grow fast beard.
I am 20 years old and my breast size is very small I want to enlarge them. Advice how it can be done? By homeopathy ayurvedic or anything that enlarges them to a standard size! Pls advice.
I am 19 year old boy. My question is on my face first there is 1 pimple and the pimple is increases. Which cream and what can I do?
I am 19 years old male. I have much more pimples on my face and back I used many ointments but can't word. please give me some tips.
I am in pune, suffering from a severe hair-fall n hairs are getting less denser day by day. If I want to go for natural products or remedy. Please suggest some of the pro-active measures.
I'm 25 years old, since last three years I have skin problems. Many pimples and acne and scares on the face, also have used many skin creams but no result. Please help me how I ll free from this problem?
I am loosing hair and have tried to all shampoo but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
Fractional laser or Fraxel as it is commonly known in cosmetic surgery terms, is a non-invasive technique to treat various skin problems. A beam of laser is divided into thousands of treatment zones, which are focused on a particular spot on the skin, giving it the name fractional laser.
Conventionally, ablative laser works on the epidermis while non-ablative laser works on the collagen or the dermis layer. Fractional laser is unique in that it works on both these layers. Therefore, in problems involving both these layers, Fraxel works extremely well.
How does it work?
The skin has two layers – epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the protective layer and has the melanin-producing melanocytes, which gives the skin, its color. The dermis has collagen and elastic fibers, which gives it skin the elasticity. With age, the skin loses its elasticity and becomes pale, as the collagen degenerates. Less of new collagen is formed, and so aged appearance including sagging, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, etc. appear.
What Fraxel does is produce 1000s of columns of laser which act on both the dermis and the epidermis and improve collagen formation and removing old cells. The surrounding skin remains intact, and only the area of focus is treated.
What to expect?
- Before the procedure, the doctor will validate if you are a candidate for the procedure.
- Photos will be taken of the area and in people with darker complexion, bleaching or chemical peel may be used
- With face cleaned with soap and water, an anesthetic cream is applied to the skin.
- The laser beam is then applied, usually about 30 minutes.
- The procedure could be painful if the laser beam is strong which makes the use of anesthetic essential
- A cooling device is applied at the end of the procedure, and the area is then washed off
- One may experience redness, swelling, and tenderness for about a week
- New skin will develop in about a week’s time
- Skin peeling can happen in some people, which can be easily removed off without pain
- Adequate use of moisturizer and sunscreen is advised
- Clothing should be protective, include sunglasses, wide hat, and scarf
- Most people require a repeat of 3 to 4 sessions to complete the treatment, with a gap of a month usually.
- Unlike with other skin treatments, the effect from Fraxel takes time. It may take up to 3 to 4 months for the complete effect to show, as it involves complete collagen formation.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.