Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sneh KhetarpalYour feedback matters!
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
I had a ectopic pregnancy last year. And laparoscopy surgery was done. Doctors say that they diet harm the tubes. But after that my weight is continuously gaining. I have never crossed 53 kg . But now I am 59. I am doing little diet on my own. And brisk walk for 40 mins. Still there is no effect. Please suggest. Is iy due to surgery or os there any hormonal imbalance?
I am a 20 year old girl. I lost my virginity 2 days ago. We used a condom but he did insert once for a few seconds without it. I had minimal bleeding. I also took Unwanted 72 the next day. I am having clear vaginal discharge which smells a little. I have a 28 day cycle and my first day of periods was 14 February. What are the chances of pregnancy and is the discharge normal?
My wife has breast pain since last one month. She says it keeps on paining whether they are touched or not, what so we do. Should we go for any major test?
Alcohol is a major resource of erection problems. A number of people who are addicted on alcohol undergo from brewer`s droop which is a state of male limpness that unable people to get erection.
Apart from impairing your erection countless studies have shown that alcohol utilization is the major cause of risky sex which leads to catching infections and STDs. It is true that alcohol can impair judgment and this revenue that a lot of young people gaffe it as something that improve horniness but as is general knowledge you are less likely to enjoy alcohol induced sex as compared to sex while fully moderate.
Researchers have originate that too much alcohol affects in cooperation your brain and your penis. In a study conducted by University of Washington it was found that men who didn’t consume alcohol were able to achieve an erection more quickly than men who did. While some men were unable to have an erection altogether after consuming alcohol.
That`s because boozing before sex can lead to decreased flow to the penis and also reduces the intensity of your orgasm. It means that even if you are able to have sex after having alcohol you are unlikely to enjoy it as much.
1. The nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
2. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids. Intake of walnuts in the diet helps to lower total as well as ldl or bad cholesterol and increases hdl or good cholesterol levels in the blood.
3. N-3 fatty acids by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers.
4. These nuts are packed with many important b-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin b-6, and folates.
5. They are an excellent source of vitamin e. Vitamin e is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.