Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am 50 year old. I have pain in my tooth after 3rd sitting. My doctor is bot available. Which drug I should take?
Wisdom teeth are known to be the final molars to grow out and they complete the set of permanent teeth. They generally start to erupt during the late teens or in the beginning of twenties.
In case of some people, there is a possibility that the wisdom teeth may never erupt, while others may even grow four and more wisdom teeth.
Do all wisdom teeth create dental problems?
No, if a wisdom tooth has completely erupted through the gum and tissue, without actually harming the teeth next to it, it does not require to be extracted. But, this is only if the individual is able to clean and brush it thoroughly. The wisdom teeth should be properly examined and dental care is necessary to prevent any complications.
When do wisdom teeth need extraction?
Proper oral care of the teeth will keep them healthy and clean. But there may arise a situation, in which the removal of the wisdom teeth is quite necessary:
1. In certain cases, the wisdom tooth may erupt at a weird angle, compromising the teeth next to it. This may make it difficult to clean the teeth thoroughly, thus resulting in the onset of bacterial growth and periodontal disease. In this case, the wisdom teeth should be removed as soon as possible.
2. While the wisdom teeth grows out, it may happen that there is not enough space for it to grow properly. As a result the adjacent teeth may face pressure due to crowded teeth, leading to headaches, toothaches and jaw pain. It is best that the wisdom teeth is extracted in this situation.
3. In case a wisdom tooth develops a cavity, it should be extracted.
4. An impacted wisdom tooth, that is, if it has only partially grown out of the tissue, should also be extracted before it can cause serious complications.
My teeth is alway bleeding and smell very bad when I am brushing my teeth it start bleeding. How can I get rid of it?
I used to smoking before about 3 months ago. I got blood in saliva and I scared then I decided to stop smoking. Because of I were getting that problem again I went for check up in bhopal and then they said to me its happen they checked me and said its because you do cough more. and it almost stopped. Now these days I got fever and have been coughing up for 2 days and I found blood my saliva again but not in cough. I'm very scared tell me what to do.
I am having habit of chewing pain &supari last 15 years. Last 3-4years I am not able to open my mouth complete. After a dentist consult he told me I am suffering from OSMF some white patches but if I will continue with same habit it can transform into cancer. Please guide me how to take care to avoid cancer and how to widen my mouth opening.
Need to check my entire terth problems. I have holes and have done lot of root canal treatments wherein I have waisted money and more over the time spend for continuous consultations and sittings. Need to know whether any permanent solutions along with a reasonable affordable cost could be looked at. I reside in Bangalore
In a dental implant procedure, frames or metal posts are placed beneath the gums so as to enable a dentist to mount artificial teeth onto them. Post the procedure, you have to be careful about a few things.
Here's what all you need to take care of:
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Apply ice pack: If you want to get rid of unwanted swelling and inflammation, immediately after dental implants, then nothing can be the best than homemade therapy, other than using ice packs. You should keep the ice packs just over the swollen art directly, and you can even try out this therapy multiple times in a day and will get relief instantly.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.
- Scheduling appointments: You should meet your dentist on a frequent basis in order to make sure that everything is perfect. You can also visit your dentist in times of emergencies when you are facing tremendous pain or bleeding.