Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smriti Attam
Submit a review for Dr. Smriti AttamYour feedback matters!
My Bhabhi has been detected Malignancy , Ductal carcinoma at very early stage, what is this and its treatment best hospital and best doctor's to be consulted for it.
We are visiting from Hong Kong, have done biopsy with endoscopic excision of left vocal cord to remove mass 2/5 of left vocal cord indicating squamous cell carcinoma. Also left vocal cord anterior margin has moderate to severe squamous Dysplasia. Clinically it is T1N0M0 we have consulted with Professor William Wei. At least superficial invasion seem. Question is whether to perform laser or radiation - and we are looking for Dr. Sultan Pradhan expert opinion and advice on best way to proceed. Patient is only 42 years old with mild tobacco use Thank you.
I am 21 years old female, I hav excess spots in back, chest and stomach areas. So is it a symptom for cancer? And can I know the exact symptoms for both skin and breast cancer.
My mother is bleeding from 7 months the doctor said it is polyp in the uterus she is under medication. But I have read in internet that polyp may also cause cancer I am very tensed plzz tell me. N suggest me something.
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostate grand is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist.
Patient has been diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 - Nottingham Histologic Score - 3 + 3 + 3 = 9. Can you suggest the prognosis? The tumor is NOS in right break measuring 24-22-14 mm. I have attached the report also. Please let me know if it is curable and what are the chances of relapse.
Hi, my query is regarding cancer cure, why there is no cure for cancer? Will there be cure anytime soon?
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.