Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Smita SanyalYour feedback matters!
Benefits of tulsi
Tulsi also known as basil leaves is a fairly common plant in Indian households. Considered holy by many religions, the tulsi plant is revered for its divine properties.
Healing power: the basil or tulsi plant has many medicinal properties. The leaves strengthen the stomach and help in respiratory diseases.
Kidney stone: basil has a strengthening effect on the kidney. In the case of stone, regularly taking a mixture of basil leaves juice and honey for 6 months helps expel the stones via the urinary tract.
Stress: basil leaves are regarded as anti-stress agents. Recent studies have shown that the leaves afford significant protection against stress. Even healthy persons can chew 12 leaves of basil, twice a day, to prevent stress. It purifies blood and helps prevent several common elements
Headaches: basil makes a good medicine for a headache.
Aids in digestion: it work as an appetizer and promotes digestion by helping in the secretion of digestive enzymes.
For curing diabetes: keep tulsi root powder in water overnight and take it early morning. The medicinal property of the plant helps maintain insulin level in the body and is a natural cure for diabetes.
Doctor me and my wife had sex on 29th april 2016 after 1 week of sex she had her periods of 4 days on 6th may and again she got periods on 24th may and then on 24th june she got her periods but in july still not got periods she is having fever from many days headache cough cold backpain and she was vomiting 4 days ago twice in the evening, I just wanted to know she is pregnant or can she turn pregnant after getting her periods we did not had sex after 29th april. Please help us we are so afraid we do not want baby we are not prepared for baby.
We had a boy 2 years back and will be planning for next baby after 01 year. Till now we are using condom during sex and we are not satisfied with the usage of condoms. Please tell us the safest ways to avoid pregnancy other than Copper-T.
Hi I am 25 years old and now in my 28th week of my pregnancy. About 15 days ago I noticed sweeping on areola on my left breast first its not painful after 1 weeks sweeping doesn't reduced so I went to my GYN she told me nothing to worry its just Montgomery tuberculosis. After some days my breast becomes swollen nd become tender nd my breast tissue also thickened. So I went second opinion she prescribed me lanolin gel. But now my breast become tender to touch nd my breast become harder than other. Its all in only in one breast where as other seems normal. I searched on Google about it. It shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out is it normal in pregnancy or is it symptoms of cancer pls tell me.
I am 24 years old I am suffering from PCOD and drastically gaining weight and also got acne and facial hair. Which kind of diet is recommended and anything else to be done?
I will restrict myself to heterosexual functioning e. G impotence and frigidity.
Sexual disability in men may take various forms-1) absence of sexual desire for the sexual partner or absence of libido in general;
2) inability to procure erection
3) inability to sustain erection
4 inability to ejaculate in spite of well sustained erection;
5) premature ejaculation.
1) mostly psychogenic, anxiety for performance failure and haste;
2) uncontrolled diabetes;
3) some blood pressure lowering drugs
4) psychiatric treatment
Anxiety due any cause, masturbation anxiety is possibly quite a common factor, but any form of anxiety or depression can cause impotence.
Some men subconsciously identify their sexual partner with their mother or sister and incest taboo asserts itself and they are impotent with their wives but may be potent with other sexual partners.
Other men associate the sex act with aggression and violence.
Ejaculatory impotence is much rarer.
Another type is the professional man" s impotence. They simply burn out due to their work load and odd working hours.
Disturbances in women may be-
2) vaginismus (involuntary spasm of vaginal muscles, always psychogenic)
Frigidity is lack of sexual feeling in women and may vary from
An intense feeling of revulsion to any sexual advance to varying sexual arousal without orgasm.
1) anatomical defects;
2) physiological deficiency in endocrine glands;
3) lacked sexual instructions from parents
4) husband" s ignorance of sex technique
5) painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
6) physiological during lactation
7) psychological-fears of pregnancy, inadequate stimulation, premature ejaculation, depression and anxiety.
Both drug and non drug therapies are available, strictly under
Suitable age group 20 to 60 yrs.
Contraindications-heart, liver, kidney disorders
I hv a Doubt Sir I participate sex with mn neighbors Aunty she was 32 n Hv 2 children still She look like A New Married Girl When I was During sex with Her I am Amazed Abt one thing When you Have participated sex with A virgin Girl She Hole was Tightly, Here R the Same Situation I was faced She 32 n had 2 children but she's Pussy was soo tightly Like A virgin Girl n then i'm asked her shes smile n say my husband was not fair for sex hes nt satisfy Any whr since our Getting married what is the reason Of that please tell me I want to know Sir/ madam!
We are married from last two years. And from last one and half year we are trying for baby. My semen analysis report is normal. Wife is diagnosed with endometrial cyst of 20 mm on right side. Her period cycle is of 26 days. Our Dr. Tried two months with clomid and hcg shots but got no positive results. Now he suggested for laparoscopy amd hysteroscopy. Does that cyst is reason behind infertility? Because she do not feel any pain during period or intercourse. Should I go for laparoscopy or try another treatment?
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch