Vitiligo is a long-term problem in which growing patches of skin lose their color. It is hard to predict whether the patches will spread, and by how much. The spread might take weeks, or the patches might remain stable for months or years.A number of remedies can help decrease the visibility of the condition.read more
Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dermatologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Priyadarshni
Submit a review for Dr. Smita PriyadarshniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Actually I was suffering from a kind of fungal infection from one year.I consulted to many doctors but at the end dr.smita gave me the desired result with the help his fantastic way of diagnosis and knowledge.Finally I get rid off from my disease.A fantastic doctor blessed with knowledge, experience and humanity. By Sushil Kumar
Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How does PRP Work?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this, it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- An increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
PRP Facial (Vampire Facial)
The vampire facial involves topical application of the PRP combined with aeration of the skin with Micro Needling. The platelet-derived growth factors stimulate a healing response that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the skin’s tone and texture. PRP naturally improves all aspects of skin health:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin’s texture and tone
- Naturally increases collagen production
- Pore refinement
- Creates a natural glow
- Reduces acne scars
PRP Hair Restoration
PRP Hair Restoration is a non-surgical solution for hair loss in both men and women. Platelet Rich Plasma contains growth factors that naturally stimulate the development of new hair follicles while improving the health of existing hair follicles.
What to expect:
First, a blood sample is obtained and processed to extract the Platelet Rich Plasma. A topical anesthetic is applied to numb the area being treated. The PRP is then administered with a fine needle in a series of injections on the scalp.
Mild swelling and redness can be expected 1-2 days following the treatment. It is recommended to avoid vigorous activity until the swelling has subsided. There is no other downtime following the procedure. New hair growth can be seen as early as 2 months, but is typically evident between 5-8 months and will continue to improve up to a year after treatment.
Who should Not Have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also, those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
Cherry Angiomas are benign skin growths comprised of abnormal proliferation of blood vessels. They are also alternatively known as Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas. Cherry Angiomas are a rather common skin disorder.
The Cherry Angioma appears bright red, oval or circular in shape and are small in size. They can either be smooth, and close to the skin's surface, or they can be marginally raised. They mostly appear on the arms, shoulders and torso. If the Angioma is agitated (scratched, cut open or rubbed), it might result in intense bleeding in some cases.
The exact cause of Cherry Angiomas is unknown. Genetic predispositions are usually believed to be a major cause. Other than that, pregnancy, climate and chemical exposure have also been said to cause Cherry Angiomas.
An obvious link, however, has been established between age and the appearance of Cherry Angiomas. Usually, people over 30 develop Cherry Angiomas, which only seem to augment in number and size with age.
There are no other specific symptoms of Cherry Angiomas, except for the benign growths on the skin. The skin growths are usually characterised by:
- Vivid, cherry-red colour
- Small sizes
- Smooth growths which are close to the skin's surface, or are raised
Cherry angiomas usually does not need any treatment, but if you want, you can remove them for cosmetic reasons. You can also remove the Cherry Angiomas if they appear in places on your body where they can get easily irritated (such as, on the hands), and cause bleeding.
Some methods of removing Cherry Angiomas include:
- Electro-cauterization: In this method, the angioma is burned off by an electric current that is passed through a tiny probe.
- Cryosurgery: In this procedure, the angioma is frozen with liquid nitrogen; the angioma is destroyed by the severe cold. This is a relatively easy and quick procedure.
- Laser surgery: In this procedure, pulsed dye laser is used to remove the angioma. The pulsed dye laser (PDL) is an undiluted yellow laser that is hot enough to damage the growth.
- Shave excision: In this procedure, the angioma is removed from the surface of the skin by a sharp razor. Shave excision is a substitute to invasive surgery that would require an incision to remove the growth and then sutures (stitches) to close the laceration.
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case, your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of Genetic Fat
- You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
- You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat:
- Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
- Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques:
- Tumescent Liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
- Suction Assisted Liposuction: This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
- Power Assisted Liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL.
- VASER: It is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
Laser Assisted Liposuction:
LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma. Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitiligo is a long-term problem in which growing patches of skin lose their color. It is hard to predict whether the patches will spread, and by how much. The spread might take weeks, or the patches might remain stable for months or years.A number of remedies can help decrease the visibility of the condition.
Chemical peels are a skin care procedure that that can be used on the face, neck, and even the hands in order to remove and prevent fine lines. These peels are also helpful in treating age spots and blemishes. These peels can be a part of one’s regular skin care regimen in order to improve the overall appearance of the skin.
Read on to know more about chemical peels and the various types available.
The procedure: Chemical peels usually follow a specific procedure where a chemical solution is applied to the skin which makes upper layer to peel off. The new skin that emerges is usually free of wrinkles and smoother as compared to the old skin.
What all does it treat: There are a variety of skin problems that can be treated by chemical peels, including reduction of age spots, dark patches, and other scars. It can also treat severe forms of acne even as it prevents fine lines and wrinkles that have been caused due to constant sun exposure and aging. Also, it reduces the fine lines that form under the eyes and around the mouth. This treatment can also help in treating freckles and dark patches that may be caused due to hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy and also due to birth control pills. It basically gives you smooth and supple skin.
Light peels: This is one of the most commonly used types of chemical peels. These include lactic, salicylic acid and glycolic peels. This type of chemical peel is a mild one that makes the pores smaller and treats surface problems like acne, blackheads, as well as other skin imperfections like light skin discolouration and freckles. This kind of peel is quick and easy to administer, and can help in stimulating collagen production to keep the skin supple. One will typically need about four sittings in a span of two to four weeks.
Medium depth chemical peels: These are stronger peels that show more dramatic results. They may cause visible flaking and peeling after the procedure has been carried out. These peels are usually used to fix the problems that come about due to sun damage. Also, these peels can decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and large pores. These peels can also repair the patches that appear due to pigmentation problems. One will need a session at least once every three months to maintain the results.
Deep chemical peels: These peels have more risk and deeper complications. They are used for very severe cases that include permanent hyperpigmentation which brings about darkening of the skin. Also, it can fix lightening of the skin due to hypopigmentation. It can also be used for the removal of scars. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!