Vitiligo is a long-term problem in which growing patches of skin lose their color. It is hard to predict whether the patches will spread, and by how much. The spread might take weeks, or the patches might remain stable for months or years.A number of remedies can help decrease the visibility of the condition.read more
Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dermatologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Priyadarshni
Submit a review for Dr. Smita PriyadarshniYour feedback matters!
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case, your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of Genetic Fat
- You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
- You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat:
- Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
- Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques:
- Tumescent Liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
- Suction Assisted Liposuction: This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
- Power Assisted Liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL.
- VASER: It is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
Laser Assisted Liposuction:
LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma. Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitiligo is a long-term problem in which growing patches of skin lose their color. It is hard to predict whether the patches will spread, and by how much. The spread might take weeks, or the patches might remain stable for months or years.A number of remedies can help decrease the visibility of the condition.
Chemical peels are a skin care procedure that that can be used on the face, neck, and even the hands in order to remove and prevent fine lines. These peels are also helpful in treating age spots and blemishes. These peels can be a part of one’s regular skin care regimen in order to improve the overall appearance of the skin.
Read on to know more about chemical peels and the various types available.
The procedure: Chemical peels usually follow a specific procedure where a chemical solution is applied to the skin which makes upper layer to peel off. The new skin that emerges is usually free of wrinkles and smoother as compared to the old skin.
What all does it treat: There are a variety of skin problems that can be treated by chemical peels, including reduction of age spots, dark patches, and other scars. It can also treat severe forms of acne even as it prevents fine lines and wrinkles that have been caused due to constant sun exposure and aging. Also, it reduces the fine lines that form under the eyes and around the mouth. This treatment can also help in treating freckles and dark patches that may be caused due to hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy and also due to birth control pills. It basically gives you smooth and supple skin.
Light peels: This is one of the most commonly used types of chemical peels. These include lactic, salicylic acid and glycolic peels. This type of chemical peel is a mild one that makes the pores smaller and treats surface problems like acne, blackheads, as well as other skin imperfections like light skin discolouration and freckles. This kind of peel is quick and easy to administer, and can help in stimulating collagen production to keep the skin supple. One will typically need about four sittings in a span of two to four weeks.
Medium depth chemical peels: These are stronger peels that show more dramatic results. They may cause visible flaking and peeling after the procedure has been carried out. These peels are usually used to fix the problems that come about due to sun damage. Also, these peels can decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and large pores. These peels can also repair the patches that appear due to pigmentation problems. One will need a session at least once every three months to maintain the results.
Deep chemical peels: These peels have more risk and deeper complications. They are used for very severe cases that include permanent hyperpigmentation which brings about darkening of the skin. Also, it can fix lightening of the skin due to hypopigmentation. It can also be used for the removal of scars. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!