Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita KhullarYour feedback matters!
My mother is 49 years old, weighs 72kgs. 2 months back she was checked for fibroid. The test showed an advanced level of fibroid. Further more everyday in the evening her body temperature increases and it gets very painful. This has been happening for about 2 months. She is consulting a physician for bp and diabetes for 7 years by now. She is expecting it to get cured by itself and taking some homeopathic medicines. Please suggest me what to do?
I had sex with my fiance in September end, after which I took 2 unwanted 72 tablets. That month I didn't get my periods, I got some bleeding in a thick form around 10th October. After which I still didn't get any menstruation. My bf used protection also. Please suggest me what can I do to induce periods or get my periods early or avoid unwanted pregnancy. Thanks in advance.
My mother chest pain. But ECG check OK. But chest area more heat & back pain. Feel un easy. Not in normal. Doctor says better angiogram test. More acidity issue. Also. Kindly at kind of treatment need.
Health Tip - Factors That Affects Immunity in Women:
Normally women tend to have a stronger immune system than men. Estrogen promotes immune response while male hormones or androgens suppress immunity. Although women are less prone to viral bacterial and fungal infections, their immune system is prone to overreact and makes them susceptible to auto immune diseases. Studies have shown that women tend to lose this immunological advantage post menopause.
To boost immunity; juggling, yoga, and balanced diet rich in nutrients is essential. Spending outdoor activities and exercises for about 20 to 30 minutes regularly in stipulated time everyday. A good night's sleep and avoiding smoking and alcohol is must. Timely vaccinations to keep flu and pneumonia helps in keeping infections away.
Hi last mnth I had my periods nov 2, and on 27th again but 1st day only spotting and 2,3,4 day are lighter than before menses, and im feeling nausea all time. Can I be pregnant even with this.
Hello doctor, I went to a gynaecologist and she told me to do surgical abortion as the baby is beating but I am scared. I want to do medical abortion at home. Is the risk in medical abortion very high now? Please recommend me the best thing to do asap.
I am 32 years old have a gestational age of 7 weeks, but foetus has not developed heart beat, discovered intransvaginal scan, should I wait to develop the heartbeat or is it a missed abortion?
Hi, I am 27 years old married woman, I got married last year may 10. I am trying for pregnancy. Gynecologists suggested me sustain 300 mg. To take through the vegan. On 14th day of my period I have to take. Should I take susten tab before intercourse or after intercourse. Please help me.
I have Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 genitally, and I want to know how it can be transmitted. Some people say that it can't be transferred unless I'm having an outbreak, others say it can be transmitted through vaginal and oral sex, and some say it's in the saliva. If anyone knows for sure answers I.
I have irregular periods from menarche. Der is interval of 4 to 5 months in a cycle. My weight ws 60 kgs 2 years back but suddenly I gained weight. Now it is 85kgs constant from 2 yrs. Aftr exercise from 1 yr. I showed doctor c told I hv mild hirsutism n no features of acne. N prescribed deviry tablets fr 5 days. What should I do more. I gt tested regarding this.
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.