Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Khullar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita KhullarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. I have PCOS from last April 2016. I have been on Yasmin for 7th months. Now I am trying for pregnancy. For conceive doctor prescribed me to start Good ova 100 mg from 3rd day of my period to 7th days for ovulation. Also prescribed me to take Duphaston 10 mg from 16th day to 25th days. But my pregnancy test was negative & I got my period. I am very confused that was this my period effect of Duphaston or it was my normal period? Can I try for pregnancy again this month without take any medicines?
I am 32 years old. My last date came on 2nd november, 2016.after this I had taken 6 or 7 i-pills to protect pregnancy whole month. After this my date is not coming. Its my 4th month, that my date didn't come. I had checked 10 times in this time period .the results are negative. I am very tensed. Please tell me what to do.
The very thought of injury to the brain itself is traumatizing. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) refers to destruction or damage of brain tissues because of a car crash, sudden fall, assault, gunshot wound, etc. Brain damage occurs due to a blow to the injured person's head, which whips the head backward and forward or from one side to the other. In a car crash, specific areas like the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain seem to get damaged. Many individuals wish to know about post brain injury effects as they hold a certain misconception about this particular matter.
Be aware of what can be expected post a brain injury
Two kinds of effects are usually observed immediately after a TBI. The tissues of the injured individual's brain might react to trauma as well as lead to tissue damage along with a comprehensive series of physiological and biochemical responses. Certain things that were once safely housed in the cells might flood the brain after injury. Such process results in further destroying and damaging of brain cells and is termed as secondary cell death.
The other type of effect is actually noticed in the injured person's functioning. People with extremely severe injuries may lose consciousness during the period of trauma. The state of unconsciousness might last from a fraction of minutes to many weeks or several months. Lengthy loss of consciousness is better known as coma. Negative respiration changes and motor functions may also be produced just after few days of the trauma. Individuals with severe injuries may never regain consciousness, but others who will come to the conscious state may undergo certain neurologically-based signs like aggression, irritability, etc.
Just after few weeks of a brain injury, the healthy functioning of brain tissues are slightly affected due to bleeding, swelling as well as a change in brain chemistry. The eyes of an injured person might stay closed post injury, and he or she may not exhibit any positive signals of awareness. Slowly, with the decrease of swelling as well as blood flow along with an improvement of brain chemistry, the functioning of the brain tends to improve gradually.
Also, with proper treatment, the injured individual might seem to open his eyes slowly. Besides this, a sleep and wake cycle might also begin, and he or she may start to follow commands,provide a response to the members of the family and speak.
In certain cases, a person may also enter into the minimally conscious state. This means he or she will stay partially conscious and also understand the source of visual and sound stimulation. Such a person can show signs of vocalization at times as well as an outburst of emotions. Later, during recovery stages, an individual can also develop various physical and brain functions, and may regain the ability to respond gradually.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had unprotected sex one jan 7 and within 8 hrs I took an ipill. I had bleeding on jan 15. The thing is I still haven't got my period. I am worried, please help me with this.
I had an unprotected sex with my partner. She took ipill and now her periods are not stopping like she is having 3 periods in a month. Two time we had unprotected sex in a month and she took 2 ipill in a month with a 10-15 days of gap in-between each ipill. Please help me I am worried.
Hello, overian cyst hai. Maine abhi test karaye hain. Toh meri Dr. ne mujhe kuch or test btaye hai. Amh, sugar,usg pelvic, tvs,ye sab maine kara liye. Ek test hai Hysteroscopy ye kaise or kab karana hota hai pls btaye?
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Are you overwight?
Do you have excess facial hair?
Are your menstrual cycles irregular?
Do you have pimples on your face?
Do you suffer from hairloss?
Do you have infertility problem?
Are you suffering from depression?
- If you have any or all of these symptoms you may be suffering from pcos or polycystic ovarian syndrome. Recent studies have revealed increasing incidence of pcos in almost 50% of females of reproductive age group. It is one of the leading and easily treatable causes of infertility. It also leads to diabetes and even depression.
- It occurs when the hormones in your body go haywire. Insulin resistance occurs leading to increase in blood sugar level. There is increase production of male hormones (androgen) in the female body. This leads to development of male characters like excess hair in beard and moustache areas and male pattern of baldness. There is also a outbreak of pimples
- For treatment of pcos the underlying cause has to be treated.
- You should first get fasting sugar and insulin level checked to find out the amount of insulin resistance and glucose intolerance. Ultrasound abdomen has to be done to rule out cysts in the ovaries. Thyroid function test and androgen levels are to be measured.
- If you are overweight reduce atleast 4 to 5 kg through rigorous diet and exercise. Eat healthy. Weight reduction can help in bringing your hormones to balanceavoid junk food. To correct sugar levels oral hypoglycemics like metformin are started. Oral contraceptives can be given to normalise menstrual cycle. Other newer drugs include alpha lipoic acid and myoinositol, the dose of which is adjusted according to your hormone levels and disease severity.
- This is often combined with treatment for pimples in the form of oral tablets, topical gels and chemical peels. Hair loss treatment can also be simultaneously started.
- Amazing results can be obtained if proper treatment is taken at the proper time.
- The need of the hour is understanding the underlying problem you have and getting prompt treatment for a healthier and happier you.
Gonorrhea is a bacterial disease that is transmitted through intimate contact. If not treated on time, gonorrhea can become serious. Every year millions of people get affected with this disease across the globe.The area of infection predominantly involves the anus, vagina, penis and urethra.
Symptoms of gonorrhea
Gonorrhea often shows no symptoms. It is found that only two out of ten women show signs of gonorrhea and one out of ten men show signs of gonorrhea. This disease can take as long as 14 days to show any signs of its existence. Some common signs in women include menstrual irregularities, throwing up, abdominal pain, painful intercourse, swelling of the vulva, frequent urination and yellowish vaginal discharge. Some common signs among men include burning sensation while urinatingand discharge of pus during urination. Some common symptoms include itching of the anus, throat selling, oral infection and painful bowel movements.
- Complications in pregnancy: Apart from premature labour and stillbirth, gonorrhea can get passed on to the fetus as well. Some other symptoms include eye infection and joint and blood infection. If the fetus gets an eye infection, antibiotics drop is prescribed by the Doctor.
- Infertility: If gonorrhea is not treated for a long time, it can lead to infertility. Women might find infections in regions such as the uterus, fallopian tube and ovaries. Men might find infection in their testicles, urethra, etc. It can lead to a condition known as the epididymitis. If this condition is not treated, men can become permanently infertile.
- Arthritis: Arthritis can lead to a condition known as the disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI). This is a condition, which leads to arthritis or soring of skin. Women are more prone to developing this condition than men. Some common symptoms include fever, joint pain and fever. If DGI is not treated on time, it can lead to permanent damage of joints.
How is gonorrhea treated?
Gonorrhea is easily treatable and medication involves antibiotics along with other drugs. In case a pregnant woman gets diagnosed with gonorrhea, antibiotics are not prescribed. It is strictly advised not to involve in any sexual activities while the treatment is underway. Some of the common precautions that should be taken while undergoing treatment involves the following:
- Taking the medication on time. At times, symptoms go away, but completing the full medication course as prescribed by the doctor is required in order to completely get rid of the bacteria.
- Gonorrhea medicines should not be shared with anyone
- Consulting the doctor every three months to ensure that the disease is fully cured
- To make sure that your partner gets treated along with you in order to mitigate the risk of recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.