Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Kaushik
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Smita KaushikYour feedback matters!
Not many of us like the image that stares back at us in the mirror. We all would love to have those wrinkles gone, the dull appearance improved, the fine lines disappear, the spots (brown, black, gray, whatever) just vanish. However, they don't. They are all real, but the good news is that they are not here to stay. There are improved methods of producing younger, glowing skin and chemical peels is one of them.
In 2011, it was rated as one of the top 5 minimally invasive procedure with about a million people in the USA going for it to revitalize their skin.
What do they do: You could be of any age or gender, looking for a youthful, glowing skin. Chemical peels definitely are an option for you. The skin is the most exposed part and is prone to damage from sun, pollution and dust. These leave uneven tone, dull skin, wrinkles and spots. In all these cases, a chemical peel can produce a marked improvement. A chemical preparation (solution) is applied on the skin which dissolves and removes the upper layers of the skin and allows for new skin to form. This is younger looking, softer, and smoother with fewer imperfections. The strength of the solution and the duration of application will depend completely on the patient's presenting situation and goals.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Unlike creams and serums and lotions, these offer a much faster way to achieving smoother, clearer skin.
- Improves skin tone: The rough, top layers that were exposed to sun are removed, producing skin with improved texture.
- Promotes collagen production: The skin is made to produce more collagen, which results in skin that has better elasticity and glow.
- Eliminates scars from acne: The damage done by acne through scars left behind can be 'peeled' off with a chemical peel.
- Improves damage from sun exposure: Exposure to sun is most harmful to skin, and chemical peels help reduce this damage by removing off the top layers of skin that is affected by constant exposure to sun. Mild dark spots also disappear with a chemical peel.
- Economical: Compared to the expensive creams and lotions that make huge promises, chemical peels are definitely cost effective.
- Quick fix: A session takes about 30 minutes with no need for recovery time.
- Boosts self-esteem: A smoother, glowing skin that is free of spots, wrinkles, and fine lines is sure to improve the person's confidence.
Following are the Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne
- Sun-induced Pigmentation
Chemical peels can be done on face, back, arms and legs, feet. elbows and knees, knuckles to even out pigmentation and smoothen the skin. Post care precautions are simple to follow-up avoidance of direct sunlight for first 4-5 days, strict application of sunscreen and keeping skin hydrated regularly.
A detailed discussion with your doctor about expectations is definitely the first step if you are thinking of going for a chemical peel.
I am having hair loss problem from last three months I have consult the hair expect but problem not clear so please suggest complete solution.
My hair is continuously falling. I have used various home remedies but noting happen. What should I do?
I am losing hair quickly and tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
Hello. I am facing baldness badly from last 2 months .now it going to diminish day by day as 25-30 hair fall everyday. My thyroid level is high. please suggest me what should I do? How long I have to take medicine.
The mid-year is here alongside the numerous issues of skin and in addition hair. The two greatest adversaries of hair, sweat and grime are for the most part dynamic amid this season overstating hair issues like hair fall, dandruff etc. The searing beams of the sun are additionally amazingly unsafe for your hair yet lamentably there are no sunscreens for the hair accessible yet.
Thus, what would you be able to conceivably, do to shield your hair from the warmth, grime and sweat to keep your hair sound amid this time of summer?
Given underneath are a couple approaches to shield your hair from the evil impacts of this season and to keep your hair solid and additionally shining:
- The first thing you ought to remember amid this season is that the sweat in your scalp pulls in soil, clean and a wide range of grime. Aggregation of these would close the pores at the foundations of your hair, making your hair feeble and prompting hair fall, dandruff and additionally rashes. Thus it is essential to wash your hair with a mellow cleanser consistently. Routinely implies regular, if conceivable, or if nothing else each other day to keep your scalp squeaky clean.
- To shield your hair from the singing beams of the sun that causes early turning gray of hair, make certain to convey an umbrella or if nothing else cover your hair with a cotton scarf when you go out into the sun. It is likewise critical to attach your hair to maintain a strategic distance from your hair getting into contact with the sun and outside warmth however much as could reasonably be expected. Nevertheless, do not make the error of tying wet hair, as it would debilitate the underlying foundations of the hair prompting hair fall.
- Wet hair pulls in clean like sweat-soaked hair as well. Henceforth it is essential to dry your scalp and hair subsequent to washing before going out into the sun amid mid-year. Abstain from utilizing hair dryers if conceivable since dryers do not just dry the water yet the warmth hurts the hair permanently. Towel drying is the most ideal approach to dry your wet hair while keeping your hair solid. Utilize a delicate towel and do not rub vivaciously. Since amid the mid year there is more soil aggregation, ensure you clean your towels frequently also.
- Last of all drink bunches of liquid and stay away from zesty nourishment however much as could be expected to keep your hair sound and gleaming.