Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Gupta
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Smita GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have referred by capf's medical exam due to my tympanic membrane perforated. But I have test PTA & impedance AUDIOMETRY the results is hearing in my right ear 18 & left 15 decibel. Sir is it clear?
Cloves (lavang) are very useful to control diabetes, fever, cough, cold, vomiting, indigestion, iching, allergy, thirst, headache etc.
Its juice clears excess fat which blocks blood flow in nerves.
To reduce Fatigue : Take 10 gms of cloves and boil them in 150 ml water till water reduces to half the original quantity (75 ml).
Filter out the cloves and take 25 ml of this liquid 3 times per day in warm condition.
This will remove all tiredness, fatigue, stress and strain effects.
Body Pains : Take Clove oil and massage on are where you feel pain.
It can be used to massage gently with fingers on teeth and gums too to reduce toothache.
Headache, joint pains will also reduce.
Sore Throat : Keep 2 cloves at a time in your mouth and occassionally chew them and take its juice.
Let those cloves remain in mouth for atleast 30 minutes and delay this process to clear throat.
Cough : Make cloves powder and for 10 gms of it add 3 gms candy sugar powder, 5 gms honey, 10 gms butter and consume daily in morning and night.
Increase sperm count and vitality : Take equal quantity of clove powder, candy sugar powder and store in a bottle.
Daily add 5 gms of this mixture in 150 ml water and consume twice per day.
As Mosquito repellent : Take clove oil and put couple of drops of this oil at all four legs of your bed and also in all four corners of your bedroom.
This will keep mosquitoes away from your bed.
Pimples and Scars : Take cloves and ajwain seeds(jeera) equally and make paste with water.
This can be applied as face pack and wash after an hour.
It will clear all bacteria and virus on face skin and make in smooth and glowing.
Pain in Intenstines : Take 20 gm of clove powder and add to 500 ml water.
Boil till water reduces to half quantity.
For every 4 hours warm this liquid and take 30 ml per one time.
This will reduce pain in stomach, intestines, indigestion, vomiting sensation etc.
Cloves can be chewed for a while to control feeling of vomiting.
NOTE :- Before making clove power, fry them for 2 minutes in a pan on thin flame and then make powder.
I have throat pain from last night and I think this is due to summer and please tell me the solution?
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent specialist.