Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Smiriti AgarwalYour feedback matters!
If we need to go for a abortion of 20 years old unmarried girl in the early stage just after 2 weeks of conceiving how to approach? Is it legal? Moreover we need to do this without anyone's knowledge else the society will ruin our life. Please suggest. We live in assam.
Hi. My prignent hona chahati hoon mera period details ye hai month 12 say 17 tak hy kab sex kab tak karay tho my prignent ho Sakti hu. 2 months back abortion huya hy mera please suggets me.
I am planning for baby, I used 3rd day of LMP siphene 100 mg with folic acid 5 mg, 11th day of scan 3 follicles in ovary. Size RO 14x11 mm. What can I do for increasing size of RO. This range of size is possible to conceive? I will change my tablets or anything? My fsh is 7.9.
1 week ho gya hai but period nai aya hai ye teesri bar hua hai. To sir ab kya karey Kon si allopathy use karey bataye?
I want know when is the safe time for avoid pregnancy or when is safe time for sex without using protection to avoid pregnancy. If is it any method, how to calculate.
Dear sir, My 3 years old baby always says that itching in her vagina . Please describe for the medicine which one relief them.
I get ejaculated early and my boyfriend remains unsatisfied. Is there a safe sex booster pill for girls in indian medical stores?
Dr. i am getting marriage in 1 month so do not want a baby for 2 years what is best contraception for ma intercourse and sexual contact. And how to use? Is there any problem in future.
My gf's periods stop on 18 nov. Nd we had sex on 25 nov. I ejaculated outside vagina but I have doubt that little drop of semen which is like pre ejaculated semen not so thick falls inside vagina (not sure). And from 27 she is feeling irritation and burning inside her vagina till now. I am afraid that may be she would get pragnet. please help sir.
I am married since last 2 years having normal sex life, we eagerly wishing to have a baby, unfortunately we are unsuccessful. Don't know what's exactly the problem.
Im not getting my periods I sometimes get a stomach pain and back pain but it then stops after sometimes it goes back to normal and I am already 15 days late from my periods I have had sexual intercourse on the sixth day of my last period is there anything to worry about I think we had a safe sex.
M trying to conceive from last 4 months. My periods are regular. My reports are normal but still not able to conceive this month too. What should I do?
Most women get accustomed to and know the pattern of their menstrual cramps. So, when something out of this pattern happens, they know it is not normal. There are various reasons for pelvic pains not associated with menses. The following are some common causes and it is always advisable to seek medical help, which will help in right diagnosis, early intervention and reduced complications.
- Ectopic pregnancy: If a fertilized egg has planted itself outside of the uterus or the womb, it is referred to as ectopic pregnancy. The fallopian tube is the most common place for ectopic pregnancies. There is associated pelvic pain, which is unilateral, sharp, and gradually worsens. There would also be associated bleeding which is darker than the regular bleeding. This again should be confirmed on an ultrasound and then the ectopic pregnancy removed.
- Endometriosis: The inner thick layer of the uterus could be infected leading to severe pelvic pain, especially in women who are in their 30s, who are not able to conceive. This is often ignored, considering it as normal and it continues to progress and could even result in infertility.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): Infections like gonorrhea or chlamydia travel up from the genital tract and reach the uterus. Infection along the entire reproductive tract can lead to severe pain. In most cases, if identified early, a course of antibiotics is all that is required to control this infection. Left untreated, it can even cause infertility.
- Ovarian cysts: Another common cause of pelvic pain, they are quite often asymptomatic, except for occasional pelvic pain. They also disappear with no medical intervention. Sometimes, however, it may get infected or rupture and can cause severe pain. This can is an indication for medical intervention. Ultrasound may be required for diagnosis and treatment may include surgical removal.
- Uterine fibroids: The fibroids are noncancerous growths, which can grow to a considerable size and fall short of blood supply. This may cause them to burst, which can be very painful.
- Miscarriage: Most miscarriages occur before 13 weeks of pregnancy and the usual accompanying symptoms of bleeding are severe pelvic cramps. If you are pregnant and notice bleeding with pelvic pain, it is advisable to immediately visit a doctor. Diagnosis may require an ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage. If medications are not sufficient to remove the remnants, then a dilation and curettage may be required.
- Non-gynecological causes: Appendicitis, urinary tract infections, hernia, lower spinal problems, irritable bowel syndrome can also cause pelvic pain. The cause should be identified and managed accordingly.
Unfortunately, most women continue to experience and suffer with chronic pelvic pain without a cause identified. A thorough internal examination can help identify the problem and treat the issue.
Hello, for the very first time I performed cunnilingus on my girlfriend last week. I kept doing it for 30 mins. We did not do intercourse. Is there chance I could get STI infection from just doing oral sex alone ?
During my first sex my seal was not broken or may be it was already broken but I did not do sex earlier. What was the reason.
Its my period time n I am having pain in my tummy consistently and its 5! days now of periods whenever I removes sanitary napkin pain ……sort of stops whats the reason?
Influenza is more commonly known as the flu. It is an infection that affects the respiratory system and is caused by the influenza virus. This injection is recommended for kids who are under the age of 6 months. It ensures that the baby is safeguarded from the virus during an influenza outbreak. Since the nature of virus changes year on year, the immunity doesn’t last for more than 1 year. This vaccination is ideally taken during the month of October and November. The effect of the vaccination typically lasts for 6-8 months.
Ideally, kids who have never had a flu vaccination should take 2 vaccinations within 4 weeks. Kids who have received a shot of flu should undertake this vaccination once in a year. This arrangement is ideal up to 9 years of age. Flu shot is extremely important for a kid due to the following reasons:
- It saves a kid from chronic lung and heart disorders such as asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Kids suffering from immune deficiency, cancer, and HIV should take this vaccination to avoid further complication of the existing disease
- Kids suffering from diabetes, kidney diseases, and metabolic disorders should go for this vaccination without a second thought
- Kids suffering from a neurological disorder, haemoglobin deficiency, and anaemia should take this vaccination to refrain from the risk of aggravation of the present disease
- Pregnant women should ideally take it for the safeguarding the fetus
Flu shot should not be taken be taken if:
1. A baby is under the age of 6 months.
2. The baby has thimerosal allergy.
Is flu shot safe?
The flu shot is considered to be very safe. It does not result in flu. Few side effects include:
a. Soreness of the place where the needle is injected. This doesn’t last for more than a couple of day.
b. Body ache and mild fever for the first couple of days after the vaccination is done.
c. There is little to no pain in the place where the injection is injected by the doctor.
What is nasal flu vaccine?
This is an influenza dose that is not injected into the body, but given in the form of nasal spray. Healthy kids above the age of 2 years are fit to get this injection. For those kids who have a history of chronic illness should check with their doctor to go ahead with nasal spray. Each dose is given in each nostril. Like the influenza vaccine, nasal flu vaccine should be undertaken once for those who have already taken this dose once. Kids who have not undergone this vaccination are eligible for 2 dosages each 4 weeks apart from each other. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.