Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sk Nagrani
Submit a review for Dr. Sk NagraniYour feedback matters!
Stool color is normal but some times I notice color change inside / between normal looking stool, for example you find patch inside good looking potato or banana, my routine stool test was normal only it was showing that cyst type -EH and RBA nil, m also noticing soft stool, not daherria but only soft with out water and some times thin stool, no weight loss, it is happening from 3 months, no weight loss, is it the symptom of cancer, what should I do.
My aunt is suffering from breast cancer. Now the tumour is almost spread all over the body. Now she is too weak to walk and now she is on bed. She urinates on bed, totally she is very poor in health. Sir please help.
Sir wife ke breast ko tej dabane se kya breast cancer hota hai aur agar breast ko tej dabate time agar usme se blood discharg ho gaya to kya yah incident breast cancer me doveloped ho jatee hai mujh per apni wife ke sath yah incident ho gayi hai breast cancer ke bare me full advice de.
Can we give hanuman fruit leaves tea to stomach cancer patient? Adenocarcinoma patient, Age -72 If yes then how much quantity? Kindly guide the procedure.
I am suffering from prostrates since 4 years nd I take medical supervision bt all medicines I tke gve me some relief nt full. Bt nw wn I go bathroom fr doing urine it take more thn30 mnts to come out nd I thnk some urine is inside on my bladder. Have some gud medicine which relax me from this problem.
Mom is cancer patient recently she is suffering from cancer. So her chemotherapy is been stopped and she is having lots of pain.
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.
My wife, 61, is suffering from ovarian cancer since 2009. After chemotherapy and surgery in 2009 ovaries with surrounding organs removed after which she was fine till 2012 when CA marker again started rising. After chemotherapy in 2012 she was again fine till 2014 when recurrence noted through CA level rising. Again chemotherapy in 2014 and CA level came down after three cycles. But 6 cycles could not completed due to sensitivity . After that we are following naturopathy with Budwig diet. Although she is fine clinicallynow with full energy, her CA marked has increased upto 300. She is diabetic but controlled after taking one tab of Glyciphage 500. Pl tell me what is relation between sugar level in the blood and CA level in the blood. Should we go for chemo again or continue naturopathy with Budwig diet?
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.