Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. SK Batra
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. SK BatraYour feedback matters!
Hi, My age 54 have problem in l1, l2,l3, l4 and in l5 bulged I am under treatment. I saw in my MRI report letting large haemangioma is seen in l1 body when I checked in new it tells it is not cancerous and it may be cancerous I am worried when I asked my doctor he said nothing to worry right now there is no problem because of this please tell me what it is exactly whether it will be a problem in future for me.
I have hypertension n slip disc issue in L4 n L5. need to reduce weight badly. Restriction of exercise. Non veg food habits. Suggest diet.
I have been diagonosed for Lumber region disc displacement/compression in L1-L2-L3-L4.Though I have been taking homeo medicine for past 8-9 months, the pain subsidise for some days but comes back again at lower back and down the right leg thighs,knee and calf muscles. Sometimes it is also on left leg side. Can I restart tretment again. Prescribe some medicines and other preventive treatment to correct this defect
Hello doctor plzz say me is surgery essential for Diffuse annular disc bulge seen at l4 and l5 level causing indentation over thecal sac with bilateral recess narrowing and significant nerve decompression.
I am 34 years old male. I am suffering from back pain for the last 3 years. I have done MRI. In MRI it is found that 1. MILD DIFFUSE DISC BULGE IS NOTED AT L3-4 LEVEL CAUSING ANTERIORTHECAL SAC indentation MINIMAL NARROWING OF BILATERAL NEURAL forminal AS WELL AS LATERAL RECESSES. 2. MILD DIFFUSE DISC BULGE IS NOTED AT L4-5LEVEL CAUSING ANTERIOR THECAL SAC INDENTATION AND NARROWING OF BILATERAL NEURAL forminal AS WELL AS LATERAL RECESSES. MILD facial ARTHROPATHY IS NOTED BILATERALLY. please MAKE ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT IS THE SOLUTION.
Breast Cancer - What exactly is it?
‘Breast cancer’ is a term that is used to refer to a malignant tumour, which has developed from cells present in the breast. Generally, all tumours can be divided into two categories i.e. benign and malignant and it is the malignant tumour that is responsible for causing cancer. Breast cancer generally originates in the cells the milk producing glands of the breast's or the passage, which carries milk from the glands to the lobules. Additionally, breast cancer can also originate in the stromal tissues, including the fibrous and fatty connective breast tissues.
Breast Cancer: Treatment Options
Treatment for breast cancer depends upon two things: the exact type of the cancer and how advanced the cancer is. Treatment options for breast cancer can thus be broadly divided into two categories as Local treatments and Systemic treatments.
Treatments that target the tumour without having any effect on the rest of the body are called local treatments. The following types of local treatment options are available for treating breast cancer:
- Surgery: Surgical breast cancer treatment involves removal of the malignant cancerous tumour in an operation. Smaller tumours can be removed using a surgical process referred to as ‘lumpectomy’, wherein the tumour along with a small amount of healthy tissue surrounding the tumour is removed. For larger tumours, removal of the entire breast becomes mandatory, in a surgical process known as ‘mastectomy’. Women who undergo mastectomy can choose to undergo reconstructive plastic surgery for reconstruction of the removed breast(s).
- Radiation Therapy: This basically involves using radiation to kill cancer cells present in the body. Radiation therapy is a long-drawn process that usually involves a set number of treatments administered over a long period of time. Radiation therapy is also generally the follow-up procedure after a lumpectomy, or more rarely, a mastectomy.
Treatments involving drugs that are administered via either the mouth or direct injection into the bloodstream are called systemic treatments. These include:
- Chemotherapy: This includes using drugs to destroy the cancer cells present in the body by stopping the cancer cells from growing and dividing. Chemotherapy can be administered using either an IV (intravenous) tube or via pills that can be swallowed.
- Hormone Therapy: This treatment option is used for treating tumours which have tested positive for progesterone or oestrogen receptors. Blocking hormones that fuel the tumour’s growth is the basis of this therapy.
- Targeted Therapy: This targets specific proteins and genes which contribute to growth and survival of the cancer cells. Targeted therapy is an extremely focused treatment, and is very effective in blocking the growth and division of cancer cells, as well as minimizing damage to surrounding healthy cells.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mri shows. Posterior disc prolapse between l4 l5 causing minimal thecal sac and neural foramina compression my doctor suggest me regular walking. What can I do for full recovery from the disc bulge.
Left paracentral L5-S1 disc protrusion causing compression of left traversing nerve roots associated with diffuse L1-L2 Disc bulge. Now what is best treatment for me.
Lung malignancy. Lung malignancy is a sort of growth that starts in the lungs. Your lungs need aid two light organs over your midsection that take in oxygen at you breathe in furthermore arrival carbon dioxide at you breathe out.
Lung malignancy will be those heading reason for disease passing in the united states, around both men and ladies. Lung malignancy asserts a greater amount exists every year over would colon, prostate, ovarian also breast growths consolidated.
Individuals who smoke bring those best danger for lung cancer, in spite of lung malignancy might likewise happen on people who need never smoked haddock. That danger of lung malignancy builds with that period about period also amount of smokes you've smoked haddock. Though you stop smoking, much after smoking auto to large portions years, you cam-wood altogether lessen your possibilities about creating lung malignancy.
Indications. Lung malignancy commonly doesn't cause indications furthermore side effects done its soonest phases. Indications what're more indications of lung malignancy commonly happen just when the ailment will be propelled.
Indications and indications of lung malignancy might include. • another hack that doesn't try out. • hacking up blood, significantly a little sum. • shortness of breath. • midsection torment. • roughness. • losing weight without attempting. • bone agony. • cerebral pain. The point when will view a specialist. Aggravate an arrangement with your specialist though you have any persistency indications alternately indications that stress you.
Assuming that you smoke also have been unabated to quit, settle on an arrangement with your specialist. Your specialist could suggest methodologies for quitting smoking, for example, counseling, medications and nicotine reinstatement items.
Makes. Smoking auto makes the lion's share about lung growths — both on smokers furthermore clinched alongside individuals presented should use smoke. However, lung malignancy also happens done people who never smoked haddock and over the individuals who never required prolonged presentation will use smoke. On these cases, there might a chance to be no reasonable reason for lung malignancy.
How smoking auto reasons lung malignancy. Doctors trust smoking auto reasons lung malignancy toward harming the phones that line those lungs. The point when you breathe in smoke, which will be full for cancer-causing substances (carcinogens), transforms in the lung tissue start just about promptly.
From the beginning your figure might have the capacity with repair shed this harm. Be that for each repeater exposure, typical units that transport your lungs would progressively harm. In time, those harm makes phones with go about abnormally and in the end malignancy might create.
Sorts from claiming lung malignancy. Doctors separate lung malignancy under two major sorts in view of that manifestation from claiming lung malignancy phones under the magnifying instrument. Your specialist makes medication choices dependent upon which significant sort from claiming lung malignancy you have.
Those two general sorts about lung malignancy include. •
Little cell lung malignancy. Little cell lung malignancy happens very nearly only in overwhelming smokers also may be lesquerella basic over non-small cell lung malignancy.
• non-small cell lung malignancy. Non-small cell lung malignancy is an umbrageous haul to a few sorts about lung tumors that act over a comparative manner. Non-small cell lung growths incorporate squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and expansive cell carcinoma.
Danger figures. A number from claiming components might expand your danger for lung malignancy. A portion danger figures could a chance to be controlled, to instance, toward quitting smoking auto. What's more different elements can't make controlled, for example, your family history.
Danger figures for lung malignancy include. • smoking auto. Your hazard from claiming lung malignancy increments with those amount of smokes you smoke every day and the amount of a long time you have smoked haddock. Quitting toward at whatever period camwood altogether bring down your danger for creating lung malignancy.
• purposes of presentation will use smoke. Regardless of you don't smoke, your danger about lung malignancy builds on you're laid open on used smoke.
• presentation should radon gas. Radon is transformed eventually tom's perusing those common breakdown of uranium on soil, rock and water that inevitably gets to be and only those air you relax. Perilous levels for radon might gather clinched alongside any building, including homes.
• purposes of presentation should asbestos also other carcinogens. Work environment purposes of presentation will asbestos furthermore different substances are known should result in disease — for example, arsenic, chromium also nickel — likewise could increment your hazard about creating lung cancer, particularly though you're a smokescreen.
• family history of lung malignancy. People for a parent, kin alternately kid for lung malignancy have an expanded hazard of the sickness.
Difficulties. Lung malignancy cam-wood cause complications, for example. • shortness of breath. People for lung malignancy might encounter shortness of breath if tumor grows with square the real aviation routes. Lung malignancy might likewise cause liquid with gather around the lungs, making it harder for the influenced lung to extend completely when you breathe in.
• hacking up blood. Lung malignancy camwood cause dying in the airway, which could reason you with hack up blood (hemoptysis). Now and then dying might turn extreme. Medicines are accessible with control dying.
• torment. Propelled lung malignancy that spreads of the lining of a lung alternately should an additional territory of the body, for example, such that a bone, camwood reason torment. Let your specialist though you knowledge pain, similarly as huge numbers medicines are accessible on control agony.
• liquid in the midsection (pleural effusion). Lung malignancy might cause liquid on gather in the space that surrounds those influenced lung in the midsection cavity (pleural space).
Liquid collecting in the midsection camwood cause shortness of breath. Medicines need aid accessible will channel those liquid starting with your midsection and diminish the hazard that pleural radiation will happen once more.
• malignancy that spreads on different parts of the physique (metastasis). Lung malignancy regularly spreads (metastasizes) to other parts of the body, for example, that cerebrum and the bones.
Tumor that spreads might result in pain, nausea, headaches, alternately different indications also side effects relying upon what organ will be influenced. When lung malignancy need spread past the lungs, it's by and large not reparable. Medicines would accessible should diminish indications what's more manifestations and help you carry on with more.
Aversion. There's no beyond any doubt manner with keep lung cancer, yet all you might lessen your danger assuming that you. • don't smoke. On you've never smoked, don't start. Converse with your know youngsters around not smoking auto so that they could see how will dodge this real hazard component to lung malignancy. Start discussions over the dangers of smoking auto for your youngsters punctual something like that that they think how will respond on companion weight.
• prevent smoking auto. Stop smoking auto right away. Quitting lessens your danger for lung cancer, regardless of you've smoked haddock to quite some time. Converse with your specialist over methodologies furthermore stop-smoking helps that cam-wood help you stop. Choices incorporate nicotine substitution cost products, medications what's more help supportive networks.
• evade used smoke. Assuming that you carry on with alternately fill in for a smoker, urge him or her to stop. During those thick, as least, solicit him alternately her should smoke outside. Evade territories the place people smoke, for example, such that bars what's more restaurants, and search out without smoke smoked alternatives.
• test your home to radon. Need those radon levels previously, your home checked, particularly assuming that you live in a territory the place radon is known on be an issue. Secondary radon levels cam-wood make cured with aggravate your home safer. For majority of the data on radon testing, contact your neighborhood office of government-funded well being or a nearby part of the American lung affiliation.
• stay away from carcinogens at work. Take precautions to protect yourself starting with purposes of presentation should dangerous chemicals at work. Take after your employer's precautions. To instance, in you're provided for a face veil to protection, generally wear it. Solicit your specialist what more you might to ensure yourself at work. Your danger from claiming lung harm from working environment carcinogens increments on your smoke.
• consume an eating regimen full of products of the soil. Pick a sound diet with an assortment of products of the soil. Sustenance wellsprings of vitamins what's more supplements are best. Stay away from taking vast doses from claiming vitamins over pill form, as they might a chance to be destructive. For instance, analysts planning to decrease those hazard for lung malignancy over overwhelming smokers provided for them beta-carotene supplements. Comes about demonstrated those supplements really expanded the danger from claiming growth done smokers.
• practice large portion days of the week. Assuming that you don't practice regularly, begin gradually. Attempt should practice the greater part days of the week.
A fracture requires quick and careful medical attention to ensure proper healing and alignment of the bone. Most fractures usually recover within six weeks but that is only half the problem. A lot of other tissues get damaged in the process when there is enough stress placed in the body to fracture a bone. Additionally, when you are unable to move that bone, you will have joint stiffness and significant muscle weakness.
After a fracture, physiotherapy might be recommended to guarantee that you come back to your ideal capacity. You might have to go for regular appointments to your physiotherapist in order to achieve full recovery. Usually, your physiotherapist will try to prevent your post-fracture stiffness in the nearby joints and muscles after the initial six weeks while you are recovering from your fracture. After six weeks or later, if x-rays show that the bone has not been fully healed, your physiotherapist can take a shot at recovering full movement of the joints and muscles near the affected area.
Here are five ways in which physiotherapy helps heal post-fracture:
- Physiotherapy after a fracture can help you enhance your muscle movement. In case you have fractured your leg, your physiotherapist can help you improve your walk and help you decide whether you need to take the support of a walking stick, crutches or a cane. In case you have broken an arm or shoulder, exercises focused on reaching and grasping are included.
- Modalities might be used to help with the pain and swelling. Your physiotherapist may choose to use ice, heat or whirlpool baths.
- Electrical stimulation can also be used to improve your muscle movement. You need to keep in mind that while inactive treatments like electrical stimulation or ultrasound might be used, you also need to keep your muscles physically active to better your movement and strengthen your bones.
- If you have had surgery to join the fractured bone, you may have surgical scar tissue. Scar massage can decrease scar attachments and increase movement around the scar.
- Exercise to improve the scope of movement and strength can also be started. Particular focus points need to be treated in the joints around the fractured area. If you have fractured a bone close to your elbow, exercises need to be included for your elbow, wrist, and shoulder. Moreover, a fracture in the shin needs to include exercises for the knee, lower leg, and hip. Exercise can guarantee that your bone can endure the load during daily routine work. Make sure to consult with your physiotherapist to learn the correct exercises for your condition.
A fracture can be very painful and might lead to a disability or problem in movement. Depending on the seriousness of the damage, the loss may be temporary or permanent. Physiotherapy can help you come back to your optimum function as quickly as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!