Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Sithram AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I feel a lot of sensation in my palm and below side of my foot. My foot and palm is always hot to touch and it makes me feel irritating. I'm 25 year old and my weight is 80 kg. What should I do? Any home remedies for this?
I am suffering from migraine for last 6-7 years. I am 19 years old. I have consulted to many doctors but the problem is still same. What should I do?
I am 54 year old female. Post dengue after 2nd November was getting numbness in hand. Taken anti inflammatory tabs but the pain is in the knees, wrists, shoulders and swelling on feet. Cannot walk well and rigidity in knee and fingers. Was told by Dr. it is viral arthritis post dengue. Was tested for RA and count is 7. Pls advice.
My son is 18 years old. First time seizures started at night 3. 30am on 9th may 2014, than after one month brain disturbed and 3rd time at 12. 30pm like seizures. Now eptoin tablets takes daily. What is best treatment?
I have migraine problem for past three years only during October Nov months It persists for about 30 mins daily. It will be a severe pain in my right side of my head. Please anyone suggest me a solution for this issue. I too have MRI scan report.
Hi doctor. my mother in law have migraine for more so many years she took the treatment from various Dr. Even she taking the medicines now also but it not get stopped. Please tell me how the migraine get stopped forever life.?
My dad of age 56 years last 1 year back he met with brain stroke, last December one day he got fits and behaved very angrily we admitted him in hospital and again last month he had the same may I know the condition, does it leads to paralysis?
• Memory loss that gets worse, starting with forgetting recent events and new information, progressing to not recognizing friends and family members
• Difficulty concentrating
• Difficulty understanding words, completing sentences, or finding the right words
• Getting lost in familiar places
• Aggression, agitation, anxiety, restlessness
• Distrusting others
• Withdrawal, disinterest, hostility, or loss of inhibitions
• Problems with movement or coordination
• Muscle stiffness, shuffling or dragging feet while walking
• Insomnia or change in sleep patterns
• Weight loss
• Muscle twitching or seizures
• Eating more fatty, cold-water fish, such as tuna and salmon, may lower your risk of dementia. Fish have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and the brain. Eating fish at least 2 to 3 times per week provides a healthy amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
• Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C (found in darkly colored fruits and vegetables), may help prevent damage caused by free radicals.
• Keeping blood pressure levels normal may reduce the risk for Alzheimer disease.
• Keeping mentally and socially active may help delay the start or slow the progression of Alzheimer disease.
The goals in treating Alzheimer disease are to:
• Slow progression of the disease
• Manage behavior problems, confusion, and agitation
• Provide a safe living environment
• Support family members and other caregiver
Studies show the following lifestyle changes may help improve behavior in people with Alzheimer disease:
• A regular walk with a caregiver or trusted companion may improve communication skills and reduce the chance of wandering.
• Bright light therapy may reduce insomnia and wandering.
• Calming music may reduce wandering and restlessness, boost brain chemicals, and improve behavior.
• Pets can sometimes help people improve behavior.
• Relaxation training and other exercises that require focused attention may help boost social interaction and make it easier to do tasks.
Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
People with Alzheimer disease may need help with their diet. They often forget to eat and drink and can get dehydrated.
Follow these tips for a healthy diet:
• Eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes) and vegetables (such as squash and bell peppers).
• Eat foods high in B-vitamins and calcium, such as almonds, beans, whole grains, dark leafy greens (such as spinach and kale), and sea vegetables such as kelp and dulse.
• Eat more high-fiber foods, including beans, oats, and root vegetables (such as potatoes and yams).
• Avoid refined foods such as white breads, pastas, and especially sugar.
• Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats and cold-water fish.
• Use healthy oils in foods, such as olive oil
• Reduce or eliminate trans-fats, found in commercially-baked goods, such as cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
• DO NOT smoke.
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of filtered water daily.
• Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
• Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) shows some evidence for treating early Alzheimer disease and vascular dementia. If you are taking blood-thinning medication, such as warfarin clopidogrel, or aspirin, DO NOT use ginkgo without your doctor's supervision.
• Huperzine A, a chemical made from the plant Huperzia serrata, may improve memory in both vascular and Alzheimer dementia, according to several studies in China.
• American ginseng(Panax quinquefolium) improves blood flow to the brain.
• One study found that lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) helped improve mental function in people with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer disease. Lemon balm may act like a mild sedative.
• Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) leaf extract, called Brahmi, is used in Ayurvedic or Indian medicine to improve brain function and learning. Bacopa may slow your heart rate. People with stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, or emphysema should not tale bacopa.
• Vinpocetine (isolated from Vinca minor) may increase blood flow to the brain and help the brain use oxygen better. Vinpocetine may interact with blood-thinning medicines
Massage and Physical Therapy
People with Alzheimer disease become frustrated and anxious because they cannot communicate well with language. Using touch, or massage, as nonverbal communication may help.
Music therapy, using music to calm and heal, cannot slow or reverse dementia. But it may improve quality of life for both a person with Alzheimer disease and their caregiver.
Preliminary studies suggest aromatherapy, including lavendar may help alleviate agitation among people who have dementia.
Alzheimer disease can lead to many complications, including:
• "Sundowning", withdrawal or agitation in the evening
• Malnutrition and dehydration
• Infection, from urinary tract infections or pneumonia
• Asphyxiation, stopped breathing
• Harmful or violent behavior toward self or others
• Poor health and support due to caregiver burnout
• Physical and emotional abuse, including neglect
• Heart disease
Alzheimer disease gets worse over time, however, people with the disease may live for many years. Those with a long-standing history of high blood pressure are more likely to get worse faster.
I have a migraine problem which isn't getting better. I am taking homeopathic medication for my problem. What can I do to reduce my migraine?
Hai Doctor, I have heavy headache when the morning's. It's too pain. Many medicine tried. No effect Can you suggest any medicine. Is it migraine? Give me good suggestion sir please.
I'm female of 17 years. I have been facing headache from past 5 years in which our doctor had told me that I have migraine but from past few days it has been severe when ever I get such a severe I have been noticing little swelling and from yesterday evening to night the pain was very severe and today I have seen swelling in the right side of my head from the back to the middle. The headache is from the whole side of the head and major pain was from the back to middle and beside of eyes. Can you please tell me whether is it serious?
I am 36 years old my problem is my right hand is shivering When I am drinking water when I am writing any this problem is since 20years.
Hi Brain haemorrhage happen with 70 years old mother. Already operated 20 days before. How much time more took for recovery.
I am 21 year old male having migraine pain, besides medicines what should I do or what should be my routine so that it will not cause severe pain, also please suggest me some yogas for the relief of my migraine pain.
Why does a test taker need to be reevaluated if a disability (such as a learning disability, ADHD or autism spectrum disorder) is lifelong?
I am 19 years old I have a migrane headache suddenly full headache will come. Monthly once or twice. What I want to do.
I am a 33 year old male and have parkinson disease for last 15 years. What should I do? i have visited so many doctors, but no fruitful result came till date.
My father of half body paralysis in left side effects on high BP. In100/190, so we telling me what I do.
Cbd oil for epilepsy
Cannabis indica and cannabis sativa have been used therapeutically for thousands of years, including for the treatment of epilepsy. Today, cannabis is viewed as a controversial medical subject - thanks in large part to prohibition and decades of misinformation - but prior to 1937's 'marihuana tax act' cannabis was accepted by doctors and patients as a true medicine, and considered one of the safest and most effective forms of seizure control medication.