Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SimranYour feedback matters!
High Potassium Foods
- White Beans
- Dark Leafy Greens (Spinach)
- Baked Potatoes (With Skin)
- Dried Apricots
- Baked Acorn Squash
- Yogurt (Plain, Skim/Non-Fat)
- Mushrooms (White)
I am 19 years old and have a problem of irregular periods from last two months, this month my date was 29 november. Yet I did not had my periods?
I m teenage and my periods have delayed for a month. Wat should I do? Also I tried other methods but no results.
I had an unprotected sex yesterday. I took unwanted 72 after an hour. I again had unprotected sex today, will the tablet taken yesterday be effective today as well? Or are there chances of pregnancy?
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on the day she was about to have her periods. I didn't ejaculate inside her. After sex she had an emergency contraceptive pill within 24 hours. Its been 4 days now and she is having sever pain in her lower abdomen and she is frequently urinating. What should we do?
Wife ultrasound says dat at gestation age: 8 weeks 3 days +-7 days and menstrual age: 7 weeks 1 day No fetal node/yolk sac seen Kindly help me is it f9 reports or what else.
Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex with my bf on two weeks before, next day morning I had Postpone72 pill, And 24/Feb night, I had period with less bleeding (egg contents came out), generally my periods extent Upto 4 to 5 days, but now less bleeding only I feel when compared to normal, but as verified in internet, less bleeding may due to pill effect, Now I am not ready for pregnant, Please clarify,
Hello, my wife is not interested in sex after marriage. My wife is reluctant to have oral sex with me.
i was diagnosed with PCOD in 2012. and still is suffering from that. due to which im sometimes suffering from mental instabilities such as depression, loss of temper. not only this it results in skips of the mensuration cycles. what should i do in consideration of the diet and also weight loss?
From last 4-5 months my periods not coming properly. Last time I get my proper periods on 19th, March since march my periods are always being regular with proper bleeding and i'll bleed 6-7 days in periods and it comes at the gap of 25-26 days. But after March my periods date was disturbed sometimes it comes at the gap of 21-22 days it was too early and sometimes its 34-35 days. It all happens to me first time and after march i'll not bleed properly like my usual periods sometimes it was just a spotting. Or sometimes scanty bleeding for 2-3 days. And most important thing is it very much different from my regular periods. Its a dark brown colour or we can say very thick blackish bleed. I'm very much tensed. Help me what to do ?
I am 32 years old female, my right side breast is very painful for last 3 days, what are the solution in my problem solving?
Ayurveda acharyas recommend this sweet liquid in diseases which arise due to vitiation of raktha (blood) and pitta.
* fresh pure sugarcane juice is rich in natural sugars and minerals. It is an instant energizer and provides strength to the body.
- its medicinal properties get enhanced when mixed with juices of lemon and ginger.
- the juice of sugarcane exhibits laxative properties.
- it normalizes bowel movement and relieves constipation.
- sugarcane juice is heavy to digest and boosts moisture level of tissues.
- regular consumption of this juice increases body bulk.
- cane juice increases kapha and acts as diuretic.
- it is aphrodisiac and helps in conditions like erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, and low sperm motility.
- fresh pure sugarcane juice is rich in natural sugars and minerals.
- it is an instant energizer and provides strength to the body. Its medicinal properties get enhanced when mixed with juices of lemon and ginger.
- it helps to clean the kidneys and eases urine flow in conditions like cystitis, benign prostatic hypertrophy (bph) and urinary tract infections.
- fresh and hygienically extracted sugar cane juice helps in liver detoxification.
- it rejuvenates liver and helps in speedy recovery from jaundice.
I had ectopic pregnancy last September 2015. Hsg show my both tube open. We have been trying for baby last 6 month. N 2 iui cycle not succeed. Doctor advise me for laparoscopic surgery for seeing is there any infection in tubes. Pls suggest me other alternative except ivf n laparoscopy.
Doctor you can say me that is she pregnant? some allergies is found in her body, so doctor she is very nervous in situations, so please help me doctor. Is she pregnant? And if any woman is pregnant so how's her periods conditions?
My periods not come this month, it's not pregnancy, haemoglobin is 8.9 I'm taking hormone tab for 3 days when my periods may come?
I have not cure periods at the time. It will late and once it will come then it not be stopped. What I should do?
If we take the most important five aspects of daily routine, we end up with the following
1. Rest - Nidra
2. Relationship - Maithunam
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama
4. Nutrition - Aaharam
5. Work - Nitya karma
1. Rest - Nidra: Sleep is the process through which we rejuvenate, repair and revive our system. This is the time our body and mind goes through repair and rebuilding. Best time: Sleep between 9 and 10 pm gives maximum quality. To sleep a gentle exercise is good before an early dinner. Foot massage in the evening also aids deep sleep. The direction of the head: Head should be directed to east or south to optimise sleep. This is to do with the magnetic fields of our body and that of the earth. The position of the bedroom: This should be decided based on Vastu Shaastra principles. Feng Shui is the Chinese version of Indian Vastu Shaastra. Signs of good sleep: One feels refreshed and energised after a good sleep. Sleep is peaceful and is mostly unaware of dreams. One feels positive and happy after a good sleep. There won't be puffy eyes, headaches, sinus congestion, the heaviness of the body, tiredness, aches and pain etc in the morning.
2. Relationship - Maithunam: Our relationship with nature, society, family, colleagues and ourselves is important in building a healthy life. The first two limbs of yoga discuss this. A sexual relationship is also given importance in Ayurveda treatises as it is the most physical and intimate act of a relationship. General rules include -use aphrodisiacs, reduce the frequency in summer, sickness, low energy conditions and focus more on quality rather than quantity. The most important of all is how you relate yourself. This includes how much you value, respect and love yourself, how you talk to yourself etc.
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama: When? Exercise is best performed before eating. This prevents the formation of toxins in the system. It is never done soon after eating and just before eating or sleeping. It should be 2-3 hours after eating a normal meal. How much? Exercise is done until one’s half strength is used. Over exercise results in depletion and permanent damage of the body. Reduce the intensity and duration during summer, but you may perform it to your maximum capacity during cold seasons. What type? Strengthening and stretching in symmetry in the right combination for your bodily requirements.
4. Nutrition - Aaharam: Here we will discuss the scientific way of eating. Nutrition - Aharam: Are you just what you eat? In Ayurveda, the proper transformation of food into healthy tissue is based on the strength of the digestive fire (agni). The assimilation of nutrients and elimination of wastes is largely dependent on the efficiency of the digestive fire. So, Ayurveda believes you are what you assimilate. Perfect digestion creates radiant health and strong immunity. Unbalanced digestive fire leads to the improper transformation of food into toxins, the basis of all disease. Signs of perfect digestion: Clear, smooth skin; bright, clear eyes; balanced moods; regular and healthy appetite; absence of gastric disturbances and other diseases; glossy hair; light, flexible body; deep, refreshing sleep; abundant energy and vitality; positive attitude and lifestyle habits.
Signs of poor digestion Irregular appetite; frequent indigestion; weight loss / gain; coating of tongue; blotchy, dry or oily skin; lifeless hair; dull eyes; bloated abdomen with cramps / gas; undigested food in stool, dark or cloudy urine; disturbed sleep that isn't refreshing; excess mucous; body pains; gastrointestinal disorders and general fatigue. How did I get poor digestion? The following are some of the factors that contribute towards a weak digestion. By guarding against these you can prevent and treat most illnesses:
-Taking the wrong foods at the wrong time, in the wrong amount, in the wrong way or in a negative mental or physical environment. The most common dietary indiscretion in developed countries is overeating causing a phenomenon known as 'the under-nutrition of over-consumption'
-Premature stimulation, suppression or failure to attend to the body's natural urges such as thirst, hunger, urination, defecation, sleep, passing flatus and sneezing.
-Taking cold drinks or foods such as ice cream.
-Taking synthetic prescription / recreational drugs.
-Exposure to external toxins such as air pollutants, chemical beauty products and perfumes.
-Prolonged emotional strain such as stress, grief, anger and denial.
Optimise your nutrition: By practicing the following tips you will create perfect digestion. Remember to eat your liquids and drink your solids!
1. BEFORE EATING
Am I really hungry? It is best to eat only when you are really hungry and when the previous meal has been fully digested (roughly 5 hours).
Do I need to go to the toilet first? It is recommended to empty one’s bowels and bladder before eating. It is a sign of ill health to empty one's bowels immediately after eating.
Did I wash my hands, face & feet? Simple hygiene is important to avoid illness. Avoid taking a full shower or swim within three hours after eating as it draws the circulation away from the digestion.
2. DURING EATING
Am I in congenial surroundings? Good company, conversation, and surroundings are conducive to a contented mind, which assists proper digestion.
Did I express my gratitude? This may be in the form of a prayer to a higher power or at least to the people who helped to provide the meal.
Am I rushing? Eat at a moderate speed, taking care to chew each mouthful at least 10-20 times.
Am I appreciating this meal? Take time to appreciate the sound, the aroma, the texture, appearance and the taste of the food.
Do I need a drink? Small quantities of warm drinks encourage efficient absorption, elimination and the action of the digestive fire.
3. AFTER EATING
Am I satisfied? It is important to remember that the stomach is only the size of a fist. In order to avoid over eating make it a practice to fill your stomach half with solid food, a quarter with liquids and leave the remaining one-quarter empty for space to circulate to aid digestion.
One should avoid heavy labour, exercise or mental work for at least thirty minutes after eating.
A slow walk for five minutes is advised. Sleep is best avoided for three hours after eating as this causes the formation of toxins.
However, one may lie on the left side for up to fifteen minutes. A yoga poses known as Vajrasana is a good sitting posture to aid digestion.
The ideal diet: An ideal meal in Ayurvedic nutrition has all the following qualities:
-Fresh, locally grown, seasonal and organic ingredients.
-Consists of dishes with all the six flavours.
-Consists of four or more textures.
-Has a good balance between heavy and light, moist and dry, cooked and raw, cooling and heating foods.
-Suitable to the climate, the constitution of the eater, lifestyle and the condition of the body.
-Appears tastes and smells delicious.
-Prepared lovingly in hygienic conditions.
-There are complementary proteins such as rice & dhal.
-Heavier foods should be eaten earlier in the meal and lighter foods towards the end.
-Cooking in healthy earthen, ceramic, bronze, copper or stainless steel vessels.
-In general, avoid alcohol, meat, yeast, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks, tobacco, refined sugar, white flour, additives, preservatives and canned food.
-Eaten with full awareness.
-Big meals only are eaten before 6 pm.
If your digestive fire is the sluggish boost it by the following.
Before eating: 15 minutes before eating try the following recipe. Mix half a tsp grated ginger with half a tsp. lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt. After eating: Chew one teaspoon of equal parts of fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, black pepper and rock sugar.
Fasting: Fasting is often the most effective way to purify your body of toxins. In Ayurveda, fasts are tailored according to the individual's degree of toxic accumulation, their strength, and specific imbalance. To maintain health one is advised to have a cleansing tea fast or a warm water fast one day a fortnight in order to give the digestive system a rest, to re-establish proper eating habits and to expel accumulated toxins. A complete fasting is successfully done only in a stress-free environment.
A mental purification is followed at the same time, which involves silence other than prayers or affirmations, avoiding exposure to television, radio or noise and adherence to the principles of honesty, celibacy, cleanliness and service to others. Heavy mental and physical exertion are avoided at this time, however, short walks in nature and self-massage are considered highly beneficial.
Eat to live: Once you have purified your body and established healthy eating habits nutrition should be easy to maintain. Obsessively worrying about your diet or feeling remorse after dietary indiscretion sets up a self-destructive pattern. We are not 'living to eat' but we also have to be careful that we don't feed the disease. By slowly incorporating these Ayurvedic principles into your life the benefits experienced should be incentive enough to follow them with ease.
5. Work - Nitya karma: Work is based on your constitution. Earth (rectangular, heavy-boned, solid looking) people are natural hands-on, managerial, admin people who are designed to do a repetitive style of work. Water types (soft, rounded, curvaceous, large-eyed) ones are HR managers, listeners, carers, nurses, hospitable people. Fire types (angular, triangular, muscular) people are designed to challenging, radically transformative, fast, precise, competitive jobs. Air types (small, light, thin, small in shape) are performers, teachers, pop musicians, multi-taskers, quick-learners, and communicators. Either types (tall, slender, thin, long limbs and fingers/toes) are thinkers, philosophers, scientists, guides, and meditators.