Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SimranYour feedback matters!
More than half the patients with blood pressure are patients of diabetes too. Get your BP checked every time when you visit your doctor! Both BP and Diabetes have bad effects on kidney and as such should be controlled together asap!
I missed my period. My last period date is 21st april. I can done home made pregnancy test one line is light pink and another line is dark pink. If I am pregnant.
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes. You can also take the package for Having Safe Sex.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip,chin,arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Other symptoms: Apart from these symptoms, a woman may also experience other health complications such as high levels of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled. Medications to control the androgen levels in the female body may be administered if you have androgen hormone complication. A balanced diet and an exercise regimen can be chalked out to control body weight and regulate blood sugar levels. If PCOS leads to ovulation problems, then medications to facilitate ovulation may be advised.
Sir I am pregnant I got delivery on 24 /12/2016 I got a problem after delivery I having bleeding through nose and blood vomiting what to do and from 10 days I hot fever with cold what to do sir pl help sir.
For thousands of years, breathing practices were believed to improve our health and wellness.
Modern research has shown that this is still the case: proper breathing can help us boost our immune system, lower blood pressure, accelerate healing and much more.You may be wondering: “why would I need to learn how to breathe? I was born breathing!”
Well, yes, apparently we were all breathing professionals as new-borns.
According to Don Campbell, author of Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath At A Time, we were born with a natural ability to breathe. If you ever watched a baby breath, he says, “you will notice that they inhale naturally and deeply and their stomachs expands like a balloon with each breath”.
Sadly, however, this ability doesn’t follow us for too long: modern life and its usual patterns such as stressful lifestyle and sedentary habits take over our natural ability to breathe slowly. Have you observed your breathing pattern when you are experiencing emotional overwhelm or everyday stress?
As stated in one of Harvard Medical School’s publications on breathing: “one reason may be that our culture often rewards us for stifling strong emotions. Girls and women are expected to rein in anger. Boys and men are exhorted not to cry. What happens when you hold back tears, stifle anger during a charged confrontation, tiptoe through a fearful situation, or try to keep pain at bay? Unconsciously, you hold your breath or breathe irregularly.”
Breathing can help us relax and gain focus by getting rid of the tensions in our body.
That’s why ancient practices like yoga, meditation and Pilates are proven methods for your mind body health.
THE BENEFITS OF SLOW BREATHING
“When we go below 10 breaths a minute we engage the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps the body relax when it has been injured”, states Clinical Psychologist Dr. Meunch. Slow breathing, he continues: “activates the vagus nerve, the primary cranial nerve, which is associated with a recuperative state.”
The benefits of breathing don’t stop here though.
Slow breathing has been proved to regulate high blood pressure, which is one of the main risk factors for strokes and heart attacks.
For this reason, different breathing devices have recently landed to the market, including Resporate. This device first monitors patient’s breaths per minute.
Then it plays musical notes so that the patient can breathe in on one note, and breathes out on another.
The slower the breath, the longer the note will play.
On top of physical benefits, breathing also affects our minds.
With deep inhalation we bring more oxygen into our bodies, with deep exhalation we are removing toxins from our body. Simple yet fascinating process.
SO HOW DO WE BREATHE PROPERLY?
The air you breathe in through your nose should go all the way down to your stomach. Your breathing muscles consist of the diaphragm and muscles in your core, chest, neck and shoulders. For deep breath, 70-80% of the inhaling should be done by pushing your diaphragm away from your ribcage. In simple words, go back to being a baby and fill your belly and chest with oxygen!
Try this breathing exercise out. This can be executed anywhere, at your desk in the office, at home or when on public transportation:
1) Inhale deeply, for 2 seconds. When you do this, think of filling your lungs from the bottom to the top.
2) Hold for 1 second.
3) To help activate your diaphragm, exhale for 2 seconds, as it you were blowing out a candle.
4) Hold for another second.
Once you master this simple exercise, your body will remember this breathing technique and you will start to incorporate slow breathing into your daily activities.
Good afternoon Doctor, I have a friend she is 22 years old. She has 22 mm cyst in her ovary. We consult the Doctor And he told us there is no serious issue with the cyst. We are confused what we can do? Kindly suggest us. Can cyst remove without operation? And give us your valuable suggestions please for this case.
Hiii Doctors, I do not want to baby right now, I want to sex with my newly married wife without condom, when I use it, I do not get satisfy, so please advice me which time period of woman is safe for sex without condom, sothat we can enjoy the sex without condom.
Hello I am trying for baby but worrying about my weight how I can control in this time? And precautions to take weight gain in pregnancy. Suggest me for proper plan.
I do not have baby from last 12 years . Dr. says ovam count is less and I have to do IVf. Do you have any medicine to increase the ovam count so that I can have natural pregnancy.
Hi doctor im lincy.I got my last period on 16-02-15.Aftr that stil nw im not gt my periods.To times I checkd by pregnancy test bt it was negative .Today mrng also I checked bt it negative last to mth I was taking tab.Flunaracin 10 mg.Wther im pregnent or ?
What is aloe vera?
Aloe vera is considered a succulent plant species that is found only in cultivation. Frequently used for medicinal care, the plant is often described as a “wonder plant.” somewhat short-stemmed and shrub-like, aloe vera possesses succulent leaves from which the well-known gelatinous aloe substance is taken.
Aloe vera is comprised of over 200 active elements including a combination of vitamins and minerals, amino acids, enzymes, polysaccharides and fatty acids. All of these nutrients together make aloe the beneficial substance that it is. The plant is also known as an adaptogen, as it boosts the body’s natural ability to adapt to external modifications and resist disease.
Health benefits of aloe vera
Aloe is effective in a variety of ways and can be used to treat a wide range of conditions. Aside from being an adaptogen, aloe is high in important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a, c, e, b12, calcium, magnesium, zinc and others. The substance also contains a high concentration of amino acids and fatty acids. As such, aloe functions in detoxification, alkalization, oxygenation and immune support.
With its variety of nutritional benefits, aloe is capable of treating a range of health conditions both internally and externally. Acid reflux, acne, cancer, celiac disease, fatigue and gum issues are among the most commonly treated conditions. However, constipation, shingles, sore throat, ulcers, depression, burns and irritable bowel syndrome can also be treated using this compound.
While aloe comes in a variety of forms, fresh aloe straight from the plant is typically best. Aloe can be taken on a regular basis; however, it is most effective when taken for short periods of time as it is needed. With its variety of nutrients and range of health benefits, aloe is one of the most effective health treatments available today.
Hi, I has unprotected sex during middle of my last cycle as ovulation occurs then and was expecting to be pregnant. But my period started on the planned date and the flow is slightly less but not much. Can I be pregnant or can there be some other complication around? Please suggest.
My mother, age 39 is having uterine myoma (48*56) fr past 2 yrs. How much can it enlarge & can it burst?
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.