Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SimmyYour feedback matters!
Oil pulling - It whitens your teeth, improves your breath, helps your skin and even helps increase energy. So why isn’t everyone doing it?
I’ve been oil pulling for about six months now and, being someone who has always been slightly ocd about oral health, I wanted to share this ayurvedic practice because it genuinely works!
What is it?
Oil pulling is literally the practice of swishing about a tablespoon of oil around your mouth, first thing in a morning (and on an empty stomach in general) for about 15-20 minutes. It originated in india thousands of years ago, but has been increasingly used medically in the us and uk since the 1990s. The idea is that the scummy layer that builds up in your mouth overnight sticks in the oil so you can spit it out. This is different to just brushing your teeth in the morning, where you move the bacteria around your mouth a bit rather than completely removing it.
What are the benefits?
There are many claims worldwide from people who have experienced benefits from oil pulling, including help with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems etc. However, the main and direct benefits of oil pulling are:
- Whiter teeth
- Healthier gums
- Less sensitive teeth
- Better breath
- Strengthens teeth, jaw and gums
- Prevents mouth bleeding and diseases
How do I do it?
If this sounds like something you think you’ll benefit from, this is how to get started:
1. Get some oil!
Traditionally, people oil pull with either sesame oil or coconut oil. I now alternate between the two, but I would recommend doing it with coconut oil as it has added health benefits and tastes nice!
2. When you wake up in the morning, before you brush your teeth, get one tablespoon of oil and put it in your mouth.
This might sound like an extra thing to do in the morning, but I find that I wake up and am oil pulling while I get showered/dressed. Once you then spit the oil out, you can brush your teeth. Note: you must swish the oil round your mouth for at least 15 minutes, because otherwise all of the scum won’t get into the oil. You’ll know if you’ve done it right if the oil goes from being clear (when you first put it in your mouth) to being thicker and white.
3. Spit it out into the bin or toilet, not the sink.
When the bacteria is in the oil, it becomes pretty gross (even toxic, some say). So it needs to be spat out where it can be disposed of. Ideally you should spit it into the bin because the oil can clog up the pipes. However, I usually spit it into the toilet, and spray a bit of bathroom cleaner down there before I flush for good measure!
4. Inspect your clean, sparkly teeth and brush your teeth as normal.
It’s as simple as that! I will usually clean my tongue with an ayurvedic tongue scraper after I oil pull, then brush my teeth with a toothpaste without fluoride or sodium laureth sulfate. However, you can just do whatever it is you usually do!
Sir mai 18 saal ka hu and mere gf 16 saal ki hai and uska period 1/7/16 ko hota hai and hm dono 18/7/16 ko sex krne jaa rahe 1st time I mean wo apni virginty loose karne wali hai so sir without any risk or any prblm kya kya rule follow karu please puri neccesary rule hmko batao. And meri penis sir long and thick hai toh please sir mere hlp karo. OR sbse aachi or perimimum condom k naam batao jo best rahega. Please tell.
My mother has no balance in periods it comes very last and some times periods does not come and she have a big stomach how can she reduce her stomach?
HI, After baby birth , when will start sex , can we do sex if recycle not started after baby birth?Please tell.
My periods not come this month, it's not pregnancy, haemoglobin is 8.9 I'm taking hormone tab for 3 days when my periods may come?
There was itching on my vagina I could not control my urine but later my urine was in control but got some blister on my vagina they are grey in color no pain in it I am using mycoderm powder so itching is stop but I want these blister to go when I shave blood comes out from those blister please help.
I got my periods after 6 months of delivery. It weaken me alot and coming with very heavy flow. My baby is still taking breast feed. What can i do to get relief?
I am married since 2000. During periods the sexual thirst of my partner arises considerably forcing me to have sex on 4th day when bleeding stops considerably. please advise me whether this sexual activity is safe. Whether I should go for deep penetration.
Last month I got twice period that means starting of the month and ending of the month. This month I did not get period .may I know what is the reason.
After delivery I had got my periods after 8 months and my cycle also increased by 40 days. I do breastfeeding to my 1 year old child as well. My LMP was on 1st may 2016 and till date I have not got my periods yet. I had done a home pregnancy test on 11 june which was negative. Could there be any other issues or any chances of pregnancy? Please help.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I and my partner have sex with protection but I think she is pregnant and we don't want child now. What should i do for this?
My period is delayed by 15 days initially doctor suspected it's pregnancy but condition is weak. Test was positive next day during urine I spotted little drop of blood retest was negative but bleeding is not there to take it as period and I feel strength less please suggest what to be done Whenever I cough or walk fast I am spotting blood strains while urinating Please address this.
My last period was on 15th aug 2015. & my periods has delayed by 20 days now. I did the pregnancy test twice using velocit testing kit on 15th day (latest). The test is negative. 10 months ago I had hormonal imbalance & I consulted doctor and she asked me for the serum prolactin (the result was 53.70ng). Doc prescribed Cabgolin 0.5 mg tablet. After a month same test was conducted and result was 3.26ng And we are expecting a baby and I have a headache and vomiting sensation. Please advise.
So what can cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate?
The reasons behind hair loss could be many, but here are 6 major ones:
1. Lack of protein in your diet
When you exclude protein from your diet, your body starts to conserve the protein that it has by altering the growth cycle of your hair. In such cases, your hair enters into the resting stage, resulting in zero hair growth.
In India, 9 out of 10 people are said to suffer from low amounts of protein in their diet, with 91% vegetarians reporting protein deficiency.
2. Iron deficiency
Iron plays a very important role in the transportation of oxygen to the different organs of the body. Lack of iron in your diet (which is the principle reason behind anaemia) can give rise to several health problems including hair loss. Your body attempts to direct oxygen to important organs so as to support their functioning. As a result, your scalp witnesses a low supply of oxygen, which causes hair loss.
3. Vitamin D-3 deficiency
Deficiency of vitamin D-3 gives rise to a type of hair loss called Telogen Effluvium (TE). This is a temporary hair thinning phenomenon that takes place when the all the hair on your scalp enter the resting phase at the same time, subsequently causing you to shed a large amount of hair later on.
Smoking can also affect the health of your hair, especially the rate at which it falls and the number of strands lost in a day. A research carried out by the Harvard School of Public Health has revealed that smoking can cause a rise in a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
An increase in DHT level prevents new hair cells from growing and causes hair follicles to reduce in size with each hair cycle. As a result, the area on your scalp that gets affected by DHT experiences a lack of hair growth.
5. Use of testosterone supplements in gym
Intake of testosterone in the form of supplements and injections to build muscle mass can trigger hair loss in men. This takes place when the testosterone in these supplements gets changed into DHT, thereby affecting your hair loss rate and amount.
6. Past illnesses (dengue, TB and typhoid)
Falling of hair can also be brought on by illnesses such as typhoid, TB and dengue as the hair growth cycle comes to a stop. Hormonal or metabolic stress that is experienced during the course of such diseases may cause hairfall.
What are the treatments available to cure hair loss?
1. Hair transplant
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical technique that transfers hair follicles taken from other parts of your body to the balding area. Known by the name of Follicular Unit Transplantation, this hair loss treatment can help to bring back the natural appearance of a fuller head of hair. Hair follicles are harvested using two procedures- follicular unit extraction and strip harvesting. Procedure can vary from 4-8 hours or more depending on the case.
2. Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP) is another treatment alternative that can reverse hair loss. It’s a simple non-surgical procedure that lasts about 60-90 minutes. In this form of hair treatment, the patient’s own blood cells, more specifically blood platelets are injected into the scalp. Usually 8 sittings are required with each sitting being 2 weeks apart for better results.
3. Low Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT)
This form of hair therapy utilises light energy of a specific wavelength and threshold to stimulate cellular activity, thereby promoting hair growth. Various controlled clinical tests have revealed its effectiveness in encouraging hair growth in both the genders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult"