Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sikha Talwar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sikha TalwarYour feedback matters!
Actually I have taken I pills twice in one month during sexual intercourse and on the month of Jan I have my period normally but on Feb and March I have bleed less comparison to Jan. I want to know why this is happening?
I have marriage. When I will sex with my wife. Then day after tomorrow I having heat like wound on toung, pimples on face, skin colour going like black. So I am unable to sex.
One of my female friend had some pain in breast. She thinks becoz of a fall in childhood. It does not pain now. But one of the breast is smaller than other. She is scared of breast cancer. Just married and not a mom. Please suggest. Age 20.
There was an era where we had deadly infections like plague and polio causing death of thousands of people. We still have occasional outbreak of swine flu, but by and large, infections are quite controlled. The new killer diseases are caused because of the lifestyle we have adapted and the damage we have done to the environment. High intake of processed foods, artificial chemicals in our foods, sedentary lifestyle with very minimal to no physical activity, couching over the computers; the list is quite long.
Detailed observation has revealed that both these new epidemiologic diseases have a close correlation. There are factors, which induce diabetes and diabetes in turn and in some cases, diabetes inducing agents, can cause cancer also. It has also been observed that mortality is severely increased if diabetic patients are diagnosed with cancer. There are two types of diabetes. While type 1 is mostly hereditary, type 2 is lifestyle induced and the age at which this is being diagnosed is taking a severe plunge. Adolescents and teenagers are being diagnosed for diabetes. Cancer, on the other hand, is of various types (leukaemia, melanoma, myeloma, etc.) and can affect various organs (lung, breast, prostate, stomach, liver, etc.).
The medical community is yet to decipher the disease pattern of both these conditions. While there is no definite correlation between diabetes and all types of cancer, some types of cancer are definitely correlated with a definite reason identified, pancreatic and liver cancer for instance. The high amounts of insulin that diabetic patients are exposed to causes changes in liver and pancreas including fatty liver and cirrhosis, here the incidence of cancer is higher. The linkage is not very clear in lung and intestinal cancers and also there is no link between prostate cancer and diabetes.
Diabetes is considered as a state of chronic inflammation and leads to conditions like hyperinsulinemia (higher levels of insulin in the blood) hyperglycemia (higher levels of sugar in the blood). These are believed to aggravate the neoplastic process of cancer formation, thereby inducing cancer at a greater pace and also increasing the mortality rates.
The following are risk factors that are applicable to both age, physical activity, diet, obesity, drinking and smoking. It is also possible that onset of one can be followed by the other. As noted earlier, more detailed research is awaited to establish a definite linkage, but the correlation cannot be ignored at all.
Both these new epidemics are here to stay and since they have a common set of factors, we need to work on ways to contain them.
Peanuts are rich in monounsaturated fats, the sort of fat that is added to a healthy-heart diet. However, just as peanuts have loads of benefits, they come with certain disadvantages too. The advantages of peanuts are as follows:
- Peanuts are a source of antioxidants: Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, but also the energizing fat found in olive oil and is a rich form of cell regeneration. The regeneration material is very helpful in avoiding many types of cancers. For example, as preventive agents, simmered peanuts do equal amount of recovery and regeneration as blackberries and strawberries. These are far more efficient than apples, carrots or beets.
- Peanuts are key to heart-health benefits: Just as peanuts are good cancer preventing agents, dangers of death from cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases can also be avoided with their help.
- Peanuts reduce risk of stroke based on preliminary animal studies: Resveratrol is a substance, which was initially found in red grapes and red wine. However, now it is also available in peanuts. This phytonutrient has been said to enhance the blood flow in the brain by as much as 30 percent. It enormously diminishes the danger of a stroke or a heart attack.
As mentioned earlier, just as peanuts have certain good qualities, they can be somewhat bad for the health as well. Following are some of the reasons:
- Peanuts can be an allergen: Peanuts are also considered as a standout amongst the most widely recognized food sensitivities for people. A lot of people have nut hypersensitivities so serious that even their breathing is disturbed with a little amount of a shelled nut. Their tongue starts getting numb and their skin starts swelling. Some people have an extremely increased allergy to peanuts and for them, it can even be fatal, if not treated immediately.
- Peanuts contain lectins: Peanuts, alongside different vegetables like soy, contain hostile substances called lectins. Lectins are sticky proteins found in numerous food items including vegetables. They serve as a bug. The stickiness and structure of lectins, however, makes them very difficult to process and digest.
- Peanuts contain inflammatory elements: The abnormal state of Omega-6 unsaturated fats that peanuts contain is quite dangerous. It is true that your body needs, both Omega-3 and Omega-6 unsaturated fats for a good health. The issue, in any case, is that the standard western eating routine is, to a great degree, high in Omega-6 unsaturated fats and low in Omega-3s. At the point when Omega-3 unsaturated fats are out of proportion with the Omega-6 fats (as frequently emerges in a standard Western eating routine) irritation, coronary illness, and other medical problems emerge. Therefore, a balanced diet is very important.
Thyroid disorders result, when thyroid hormones are produced in higher or lower amounts than the normal values. This is because the hormones released from the thyroid are central to metabolism and can cause constitutional changes in the body. The two major hormones released from the thyroid are thyroxine, t4 and triiodothyronine, t3. Both hormones increase basal metabolic rates. When the levels of t4 and t3 in the body goes above the normal range, hyperthyroidism is diagnosed. When the levels of t4 and t3 in the body fall below the normal range, hypothyroidism is diagnosed. These thyroid hormones are under the control of another hormone called thyroid-stimulating hormone or tsh which is secreted in the pituitary gland. Both an underactive (hypothyroidism) and an overactive (hyperthyroidism) thyroid can cause serious health problems and require urgent treatment.
Symptoms of thyroid disorders--
Sleepines, fatigue, memory loss, attention deficits, confusion, slowness, increased stress, depression, paranoid depression, hallucinations, constipation, decreased libido, infertility, lowered stamina, hair loss, dry, rough, pale and itchy skin, cold intolerance, abnormal menstrual cycles, hoarse voice and slow speech, puffy swollen face and dull facial expressions, irritability, oedema, goiter, mood swings, snoring, muscles and joints ache, slow heart beat, risk of heart disease, liver abnormalities, high cholesterol and triglycerides, hypertension.
Thyroid disorders are especially well suited to homeopathy. There are excellent remedies in homeopathy for the patients suffering from thyroid symptoms. The homeopathic remedy selected will be based on all the symptoms of the patient including physical, mental and emotional states and family history of the patient. Homeopathic remedies stimulate the body's own immune system and offer a long lasting cure rather than giving temporary relief.
Dr. Ruchita chandra a trained renowned homeopath who is well known for treating those cases which have been incurable, and has successfully treated several patients with thyroid disorders.