Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sidhwartha ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
Sir, I Have face problem. Pimples,weak face;& voice problem (Low voice during speaking; thick voice )
I have bad Dark circle can you please suggest a good medicine.. And I have to become a fair also can you please help me out. Please mention medicine name an.
Sir I have pimples on. My face nd oily. Skin. So what I do for oily. Skin. Nd pimples on. My face tell me which. Medicine is best. For me. For pimples remove.
My mother's age is 69 years and she is suffering from a skin disease in her legs from last one year, in which here are red patches and they are very itchy and sometimes feels pain too. Currently having Ayurveda treatment from past 3 months but there hardly there is any improvement. I asked them is it psorisis but they refused that it's not. Please suggest as we really need correct treatment and want relief from that problem.
Dermabrasion is a procedure where a brush made up of wire or a rough edged diamond wheel is used on the skin to remove the upper layer from the skin. The rotation of the brush causes the upper layer of the skin to come off and may cause bleeding. The skin that comes off is replaced with new skin.
Why it is done?
- The procedure may be used to treat various surgical scars.
- Usually this procedure is used to get rid of acne scars.
- The procedure is used to treat various superficial growths that occur on the skin such as small cysts.
- It may also be used to treat wrinkles around the mouth.
The area where the procedure is carried out is marked and then cleaned properly. Local anesthesia is used to numb the skin followed by an application of ice pack for about half an hour. If the preceding procedures do not harden the skin enough, then a freezing spray may be used to firm up the skin. Gauze may be used to restrict the bleeding which results from the procedure. The area is then cleaned and ointment is applied.
The depth and size of the procedure determines, how much time the recovery process will take. For example, a small patch of skin will take little time to heal compared to a full face dermabrasion. It usually takes 6 to 7 days for the skin to regrow, which is pink in color. The color tends to fade away in 2 to 3 months. Usually patients do not suffer from pain, but if you do have some pain then you can take pain relievers. Corticosteroids may be used to treat swellings, if any.
You need to follow certain precautionary measures after the surgery:
- Regular cleaning of the skin to avoid various infections of the skin.
- Regular changing of the dressing and the ointment to speed up the healing process.
- Sun exposure needs to be avoided as the new skin is prone to damage. You may use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's rays.
Hello I am Dr. Chiranjiv Chabra. I am dermatologist and I am the director and chief dermatologist at skin alive clinics. Today we look into the Anti-aging treatments that are available to make us look more vibrant, youthful and younger. Before getting into the treatments we should understand how aging happening is and why it is happening? Aging happens due to external factors that is the environmental factors and our lifestyle as well as internal factors that is the natural aging process. None of us can escape the aging process.
Let us look into the solutions how we can solve these issues. When we age, aging is happening at the level of our bowl and then at the level of the soft tissue which is over the bowl and then at the level of the skin. So all layers of the skin as well as the underline tissue has to be taken care of in these treatments. The various treatments that can be used for anti-aging or aging solutions. The effective ones are laser rejuvenation, where in a beam of light is made to shine on the skin and this light stimulates our collagen, tightens and lifts the skin, makes the skin smoother, and of a better quality. We can get results even in as less as four to five sessions, which can be done at a gap of one week each. This is called laser rejuvenation or laser toning.
Then we have advance treatments like Firm Fractional laser which is a treatment to tighten and lift the skin. Besides doing this it also removes blemishes, dyschromias, patchy skin, tanning, and so the skin looks fresher, even in color, and younger. Just a few sessions can make us look at least 5-6 years younger. Then there are array of medical facials available like diamond polishing or microdermabrasion, vitamin C electroporation lightening therapies, oxygen therapies for the face. These treatments are mild and gentle on the skin and they remove tiredness and bring around freshness to the face. Some of the latest treatments or solutions for anti-aging are thermage, Al-therapy, Botox fillers, and vampire facelift. Let us look into all of these one by one.
- Thermage is a single session treatment, non-invasive, relatively painless, to tighten and lift a skin. It does so by stimulating the collagen and the proteins in the skin and helps in tightening of the jaw-line, cheeks, eyelids, skin, and neck in fact any part of the body. This treatment is very popular and we have been doing it for the past 15 years now.
- Al-therapy is another technology to lift and tighten the skin. Here the sound waves touch the skin very gently and tighten and lift. Especially used for the area of the jaw-line, eyebrow lift, cheek lift, as well as it can lift any part of the body like sagging arms, stomach or breasts.
- Besides this there is a very interesting treatment called Vampire facelift. This is a trademark treatment wherein we take the blood of the patient that is the individual, and we put it into a special process by this we separate your own growth factors which are re-applied onto the skin.
Now these growth factors when re-applied on the skin they work as an anti-aging factors and they tighten and lift the skin and also improves the skin quality and glow and hydration. Now combine with these treatments which I have just discussed there are two latest therapies called Botox and Fillers. Botox is nothing but a simple protein, this protein was once upon a time and still is used ok we stop here again Botox. So if looking younger is in your mind you can choose any of the above treatments.
If you have any further queries you can visit us at Lybrate.