Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sidharth Sahni
Submit a review for Dr. Sidharth SahniYour feedback matters!
Here are a few FAQs on Cervical Cancer that most people often want to know about.
Q1 What is Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina.
Q2 What causes Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is caused by a virus known as human papillomavirus, or HPV. Women can get affected with the virus by having sex with someone who has it. HPV is very common and usually goes away in time. Usually, it leads to genital warts and sometimes shows no symptoms at all. Sometimes it leads to cervical cancer.
Q3 What are the early symptoms of cervical cancer?
A: The early symptoms of cervical cancer are:
Pain during sex
A sudden change in the menstrual cycle
Abnormal vaginal discharge
Vaginal bleeding between your menstrual cycle, after having sex or after menopause.
Q4 What are the preventive measures for cervical cancer?
A: Cervical cancer can be prevented by taking a vaccine against HPV. Regular PAP tests are also recommended for catching the cancer early on.
Q5 At what age should the HPV vaccine be taken for it to be effective?
A: The recommended age for boys and girls to take the HPV vaccine is 11-12 years. Women can have the vaccine before the age of 26 years.
Q6 Is the HPV vaccine safe?
A: Most of these vaccines are safe and come highly recommended. Many studies have been conducted to find otherwise but the fact remains that the vaccines are one sure shot way of reducing the chances of getting HPV. However, it is important to take any of these vaccinations under strict medical practitioner’s guidance.
What are the necessary symptoms to provide cancer and some details about it, how can I refuse my weight?
I have a small fat balls at waist. What i have to do to burn it.Please advise me. I'm waiting for ur valuable words Sir.
My brother has urinary bladder tumor (carcinoma ) know it's become to lymph node . Chemotherapy is done . Know doctor do not want to do operation . Again chemotherapy to be done . I want to know what to do know .
My uncle 44yrs age. Diabetic under control. Has been diagnosed after pelvic ultrasound, with inflamed Left Inguinal lymph node in medial region of about 18mmx8mm. Please advise.
Hi, I am 5mth pregnant women. From my breast some liquid come on while when my hubby press them and next day its pains a lot. What is that liquid come n y its pain? And what can I do to relief that pain, can you tell me some home remidey, I do not want to take any medicine . Thanks.
Skin cancer occurs when the DNA of the cells undergo mutations, thus causing unsystematic cell growth which evolve into a cancerous mass. This abnormality stems from the over-exposure of your skin to the Ultraviolet Radiations of the sun.
However, there are other factors too that escalate the risks of skin cancer.
- Fairer skin tone: Inadequate pigmentation or melanin content in the skin offers less protection against the harmful UV radiations. Having red or blond hair or light-colored eyes makes you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Sunburns: A history of sunburns can often be the root cause behind skin cancer.
- Excessive exposure to the sun: If you spend a considerable amount of time under the sun and especially if your skin is not protected by clothing or sunscreen, you tend to get a tan. A tan is the skin’s response to extreme UV radiations.
- Moles: Abnormally large moles, known as dysplastic nevi, are more likely to turn malignant. Watch out for any change in the texture of the moles, which is one of the most important symptoms of skin cancer.
- Family history: According to studies, genes are considered to be one of the causes behind skin cancer. Hence, a family history of this condition could spell trouble for one.
- Personal history: Having suffered from skin cancer previously in life could endanger one even more.
- Pre-cancerous skin injury: Skin lesions, also known as actinic keratosis, make you prone to developing pre-cancerous growths on the skin. These could appear as scaly rough patches, ranging from brown to pink in color. They usually crop up on the hands, head and faces of people who are comparatively of a fairer skin tone.
- A weak immune system: People having a poor immunity system, including the ones affected by HIV/AIDS or are on immunosuppressant drugs which follow any organ transplantation have greater risks of developing cancer.
- Exposure to radiation: Radiation therapy is an often used treatment method for treating various skin conditions such as acne and eczema. Having been exposed to radiations, one could be indisposed to this condition even more.
- Exposure to certain chemicals: Exposure to certain substances such as arsenic might increase your vulnerability manifold. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Khane ki nali main cancer hai 4 keemo lag chuke hain aur gale main stain dal chuka hai aaj wait 35 kg hai khana khane main liquid hi ja raha hai bo bhi bahut kam matra main le rahi hai marij feamale -32 hai .yahan ke doctors ka kehna hia ki weekly keemo 1 days ka denge jo pehle 4 keemo lage hai bo 3 days ke lage hain. Paclitrust260 mg ke keemo lage hain. Sath hi colstim300 mg ke injection lage hain.
I have problem with my prostate. I am facing problem with my urine. I have take many treatment with doctors but no relief.
I am a student of 12 class and my problem is I found some stone like hard material inside my breast it does not create any pain its size is approx 3 cm. What is this how can I cure this I am very about that? Is it take surgery?
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome ).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!