Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siddhartha Rao
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhartha RaoYour feedback matters!
Can I use topinate cream tube for tinea in my under arms since last 1 year, wise opinion is required.
I am 23 years old nd my skin is fair buy I want it better than now. Nd my right hand is also not working properly after my accident before 2 years. What can I do?
I am 18 years old male. When I was born, I have bright skin but it became darker and now it's dark enough. What would I do to bring back my bright skin.
Applying of daily elovera and almond oil with lemon is good and taking of vitamin c is good how to keep skin healthy and glowing and which face wash is good please suggest me.
Hi everyone, After my Anal fistula surgery my wound is healing. I feel little pain while it's healing. It's almost 2 weeks it my wound is covering up with skin but with little pain. My doctor says it is normal process until the heal is completely heal and cover by skin it will have little pain. Kindly assist does it is normal process. Thanks .
- Facial skin fairness and desire to have acne-less and blemishes-less face has been a need of men and women (esp. young girls) since time immemorial. Modern market forces exploited this demand by selling chemicalized and synthetic facial creams without caring for side - effects to the users. Users also, in a quest to get quick remedies, became careless and ruined their skin tone and glow for years in most of the cases.
- Its a good sign now that people have understood the principles and benefits of Ayurveda and demand for these things have increased manifold in recent decade.
- But frankly speaking, it will benefit those perfectly and GUARANTEEDLY who follow the basic principles laid down for taking such treatment.
- Cleansing the intestines, detoxification of the body, controlling and modifying food habits, following the intake of medicines with permissible vehicles (Anupaana) i.e. some herbs to be taken with water, some with honey, some with turmeric or honey as per DOSHAS vitiation. Then timing of taking medicines such as before or after food or mid way of food intake are important.
- Avoiding certain foods or food combos are very important. In acne and blemishes salt is to be taken in restricted quantity -or not at all- to get rapid benefits. Similarly certain do's if advised such as taking certain herbs, foods etc, if instructed, should be followed such as Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) or Neem decoction, turmeric milk etc should be honoured.
- Cleansing the intestines by soft laxatives and herbal bitters doing 'pittavirechan' (bile excretion), raktashodhan (blood purification) by certain simple Kwathas (Decoctions) of herbal combos, application of facial scubs and packs by 'Varnyadi Gana' herbs (classic herbal group of ten herbs advised in Ayurveda) are of unique importance.
- As we see in day to day interactions, people are not very careful about following the restrictions of food such as salt as told above or avoiding 'abhishyandi' (channel blockers such as curd) food. There's still no side effect but expected response period or degree of effect certainly goes down. However in Rasa Chikitsa (calcined metals and precious stones) 'Anupaana' gains more importance else some unwanted effects may be seen.
- So its better to follow Vaidya's (Ayurvedic Doctor's) instructions for any kind of Ayurvedic treatment. When you are using herbs for BEAUTY, it becomes more important to follow the instructions so that effects and perception are clearly visible in shortest possible time period.
How to remove dark circle under eyes. Myself suffering both eyes get under dark circle .i want to know what IS THE REASON/actual PROBLEM PSE ADVICE ME.
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!