Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddharth RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor's, I've skin rashes problem its started after eating fish in Jan 1st week 2016, It will go and come in body anytime and any where, Please advise the solution.
My skin is very oily my face get full of oil after washing my face approx 7 min. My face get full of oil.
I am a 19 years old male, I get dark circles even if sleep for adequate amount, what should I do to remove dark circles?
Hello sir/mam I want my query related to homeopathic medicine for skin berberis aquifolium q. How to take it, till how many days and what's the best time to take it.
I am 20y old female and I have some problems as blockage on face wrinkles dark circles please gives ans.
If you are experiencing pain in the muscles and joints, an enhanced craving for salt, symptoms of low glucose in the blood or low blood pressure, you could be suffering from adrenal insufficiency (AI). The outer layer or cortex of our adrenal gland produces three forms of steroid hormones. In adrenal insufficiency, the cortex fails to produce enough steroid hormones. Some people do not know that they have been affected with adrenal insufficiency until they experience a sudden worsening of symptoms. This is called an adrenal crisis.
The different types of adrenal insufficiencies occur because of different reasons. Primary AI is commonly caused by autoimmune diseases in which our body’s defence system destroys the body’s tissues. Bleeding in glands, genetic diseases and infections are other likely causes.
Secondary AI occurs because of problems with the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland produces a hormone named adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) because of which the adrenal glands produce cortisol. In the case of secondary AI, the pituitary glands stop sending ACTH to the adrenal glands, and cortisol is hence not produced. This may occur by taking certain prescribed medicines.
A patients’s medical symptoms and medical history are observed. The blood levels of cortisol, sodium, potassium and glucose are checked for the detection of AI. The adrenal glands and the pituitary gland are observed by imaging tests. X-rays, ultrasound, and CT and MRI scans may be required.
The treatment of adrenal insufficiency aims at ensuring proper levels of hormones in the body. You may require regular replacement of hormones for life. You have to take glucocorticoids for replacing the cortisol which your body does not provide anymore. Mineralocorticoids should be taken when the body does not produce aldosterone. Extra glucocorticoids may be required during times of intense stress such as a surgery or serious health conditions.
- Glucocorticoid helps the body in coping with stress, injury and illness. It helps in the regulation of blood glucose levels and blood pressure levels. It performs the function of cortisol.
- Mineralocorticoid helps in maintaining a proper balance of water and salt in our body. This is actually carried out by aldosterone.
- Adrenal androgens, which are weak male sex hormones, present in both men and women, help in the regulation of pubic and armpit hair growth in women.
If you experience any symptoms of adrenal insufficiency, it is recommended that you visit a doctor immediately. Early diagnosis will enable early treatment, which is beneficial for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
Hi, I am having uneven skin tone on my face. The area around my mouth is little darker than other area on face. It looks really weird. Can you please suggest something to get rid of it? I have tried many sunscreens and skin glow creams but all in vein. I do not have any allergies.
I had a cyst in the anus, which had to be removed by operation. After the operation, I realized that I was not able to get an erection. Please let me know if this defect can be rectified.
I want change my skin from black to white, my age is 24, I'm a boy. Let me know the ways through which I can get satisfied.
The worst part about being diagnosed with chicken pox is that even after the virus leaves your body, your skin is still marked with scars from the blisters. Like any other scar, in most cases these scars fade with time but this process can be quite slow. Scars, especially those on your face can also affect your self confidence and image. Luckily, there are a number of ways to deal with chickenpox scars and fasten the fading process.
Here are a few tips to help reduce scars caused by chickenpox:
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E not only helps hydrate the skin, but is rich in anti-oxidants that promote the production of collagen and protect the skin from free radicals and other impurities. Vitamin E can be found in foods such as almonds, spinach and papaya. They can also be consumed in form a capsule or used in form of oil. Including vitamin E rich foods in your diet or massaging the scars with vitamin E oil can work wonders in getting rid of scars.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is not only delicious, but also rich in nutrients essential for the skin and lauric acid and cytokines. This helps regulate cell growth in the skin and balances the pH levels. It also has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that prevent breakouts. Along with drinking coconut water, you could also apply it directly on the affected areas to help speed the recovery process.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. This aids in collagen production and keeps the skin elastic and strong. It is also rich in alpha hydroxyl acids that help heal damaged skin. Lemon juice also has bleaching properties that help scars fade. Lemon juice can be diluted with water or applied directly on the skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is known for its anti oxidant and anti microbial properties. This can protect the skin from bacterial infection and help soothe and heal skin. Its anti inflammatory properties also help relieve itching and redness caused by chickenpox blisters. Aloe vera also boosts collagen production and moisturizes the skin. Aloe vera can be used by applying the gel within its leaves directly on the skin and allowing it to dry. This can be repeated 3 to 4 times a day for best results.
- Baking soda: Scarring in cases of chicken pox is caused by scratching the blisters to relieve irritation and itchiness. Baking soda helps prevent the formation of scars by soothing this irritation and exfoliating the skin. It also helps balance the pH levels of the skin. A paste of baking soda and water can be massaged onto the affected areas to remove dead skin cells and prevent scarring.
All the above mentioned remedies will help you get rid of the scars and give you a beautifully glowing skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.