Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyam Kukreja
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam KukrejaYour feedback matters!
My baby's fetal hemoglobin is 7.7 is it normal range of a 8 months old and any risk of thalassemia disease.
Hello, my child 9.5 yrs old and some times he is facing pain in right side of chest and some times he need to stress to breath. Its very few times found like 2 -4 instances in 6 months, specifically when he is running in good speed or jumping with a stress or sitting idle watching tv.
My niece is 15 month old. She is suffering from intermittent extropia which comes n goes since she was 10 month. We took. Her to pediatrician eye specialist. The doctor explained she is having squint in both eyes .The vision in her eyes is 20/20. He mentioned the only option is eye muscle surgery at the age of 4. We wanted to know as this the only option for her. We need to evaluate her eye checkup at 6 month interval. What we have observed that nowadays that she is not squinting frequently its like 3 or 4 times a day. Pls suggest some other. Options for her.
My son is 6 months baby I came recently from San Francisco.I dint use any medicine for stomach but here in India evyone recommend neopeptine n gripe water to be given twice a day compulsorily.Cn I giv that both at a time?n how much quantity.
My 1.5 year old son not eating anything and he not even drink any juices and other things. He is on only on mother milk.
I have 2 month baby. She is on breast feed. We had sex yesterday without any precaution. Then I am much worried. Please suggest any tablet which we use for 72 hrs for contraceptive. Please suggest me.
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
Hi, I have a 10 months baby boy, I would like to know that what would be the best thing for him to eat in this age?
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.