Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta Shantanu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 46 yeas, Till last year I was having my periods at 26 days interval but since 1 year it is 22 to 24 days but this month I had once in 10 days pls suggest me what should I do I am also suffering from sever mood swing, uncontrollable crying spells, I am taking ashwagandha tablets from last 2 months.
I m not having regular periods and 19 th is supposed to be my expected date but till now it has not came. Still I m experiencing cramping and mood swings. What should I do?
If I had the history of benign serous cystadenoma will there be any problem in future .I was operated when I was 17 and my right ovary was removed. Now I am 26 and trying to conceive. Please guide me if any precautions need to be taken.
I am 20 years and have missed my period for 7 days but still get abdominal cramps n breast tenderness. What is causing it ?
I am 20 years old female. Skin of the boundary or my vaginal opening is out grown and dark from one side though I don't have any health issues there and it has always been like that! Is it abnormal? Should I go to doctor? And which type of doctor?
I'm 24 years old female Having itching and infusion in my vagina. Which type of anti infection cream and medicine I can take.
Perimenopause is the transition period in a women?s life when her ovaries stop producing eggs .Her body produces less estrogen and progesterone and menstruation becomes less frequent. A woman generally experience Perimenopause around the age of 40 years. Symptoms can begin as early as her mid 30s.
Menstrual inequalities ? Change in the menstrual cycle is the important sign of Perimenopause. Periods may be shorter, may be longer .Women can experience either scanty menses or profuse bleeding.
Hot flushes ? Hot flushes and night sweats are the most common signs of Perimenopause.
Weight gain ? Less estrogen can cause high cholesterol and weight gain.
Hypertension ? High level of cholesterol can ultimately lead to high blood pressure.
Mental symptoms -Like depression, anxiety, irritability can experience by Perimenopausal women.
Loss of Libido ? it can experience by many women in the period of Perimenopause.
Dryness of vagina ? It occurs due to decreased production of estrogen.
Painful sex ? It mainly caused due to dryness of vagina.
Other cause include
Frequent urinary tract infections
Rapid heart beat
Involuntary urinary leakage
Some important remedies are given below to treat Perimenopause symptoms:
Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Actea Racemosa, camphor, Platina, Sabina, Calcaria carb, Nux Vomica, Sanguinaria and many other medicines.
Allopathic treatment ? Mainly include hormonal replacement therapy, antihypertensive drugs, antidepressants etc.
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.
I am 20 years old I had sex 2 days before and once in the month of October after which I had my regular periods. After this day before sex from yesterday my vaginal white discharge has increased and in the morning I was having fever and my legs and back was also paining. I felt somewhat relaxed after having some tablets for fever and pain. But my vaginal white discharge has not reduced yet. Do you think I am pregnant?
Dear sir/mam I had sex with two person last week without having the protection, so what are the chances that I will be pregnant, and is their anything to worry, as I had sex with two person without taking any precaution,
I and my gf want to have sex. We are fearing about pregnancy. Other than condom what contraceptive should we use.
Hi Doctor, I had an unsafe sex with my husband now I have been missing my periods which date is 21st but I missed it I am worried about pregnancy this problem that my period cycle was disturbed 2-3 times but for that I had been medicated but this time I am worried please try to give me suggestion for this.
Drinking plenty of water, often considered to be between eight to ten glasses per day, provides many benefits, including preventing and relieving tight and cramped muscles related to dehydration. However, tight muscles can have a variety of causes and might require dietary and lifestyle changes to adequately deal with.
Minerals, electrolytes and water are all needed for normal muscle tone and function. Calcium is especially important for contraction, magnesium is needed for relaxation, and water for firmness and electrolyte exchange.
Athletes commonly have tight muscles and also people who are under stress. Tight muscles lose their flexibility and might become painful to the touch. Mineral deficiency, especially magnesium, can lead to muscle tightness, twitching and maybe even restless leg syndrome at night. A lack of electrolytes, such as sodium, interferes with nerve conductance to muscle fibers and results in tightness and spasms. Poor blood circulation hampers the minerals, electrolytes and water getting to muscles, which can cause symptoms.
Most of us drink a lot of beverages but it has either caffeine or alcohol which can both lead to mild dehydration.
Simple ways to reduce muscle tightness
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Reduce caffeine and alcohol.
3. Eat bananas and foods rich in magnesium and use seasalt with food.
4. Do stretching exercises
5. Try massage to relieve pain from tight muscles.
If pain and tightness persists consult a health practitioner for evaluation and treatment.
My sister is 14years old. She has a menstrual problem. She miss her periods by 2-3 months every time. What should she do?
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
Mam, I had safe sex on 9th july . My date is on 20th july . But on 17th july it occurred a little bleeding not as a regular. Is it a serious problem. I do not wanna pregnancy. Please tell me something.
Hi, I am 3 months 2 days pregnant now. Today I had my ultrasound done. My baby weight is 71 grams and heart rate is 156. Is it ok? What should I eat in 4th month of pregnancy for baby's good growth?
Hello, my name is Jasmine lunch and I am 29 years old. Please kindly help me, why I don't get pregnant. Me and my husband are trying but nothing happen. We have a daughter but we're planning for the second one. 3 years we've been trying but no results. Please kindly help.
Me and my wife had unwanted intercourse 2 times (30th april n 2nd may). She had take ipill 2 times (on 30th n 5th may). She is now getting frequent uncontrolled urinations. I am very much worried what is happening, please help me.
Pregnancy stretch marks
Stretch marks are narrow pink or purplish streak-like lines that can develop on the surface of the skin. They're also known as stria or striae. If you get them, they usually appear on your tummy, or sometimes on your upper thighs and breasts as your pregnancy progresses. The first sign you notice might be itchiness around an area where the skin is becoming thin and pink.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks are very common in the general population and don't just affect pregnant women. They can happen whenever the skin is stretched. For example, when we're growing during puberty or when putting on or losing weight, but hormonal changes in pregnancy can affect your skin and make you more likely to get stretch marks.
Whether or not you get stretch marks depends on your skin type, as some people's skin is more elastic. After your baby is born, the marks should gradually fade and become less noticeable, but they won't go away completely.
Pregnancy weight gain
You are more likely to get stretch marks if your weight gain is more than average in pregnancy. Most women gain between 10kg and 12.5kg (22 and 28lb) in pregnancy, although weight gain varies a great deal from woman to woman.
Stretch marks are not harmful. They don't cause medical problems. Over time, your skin will shrink and the stretch marks will fade into white-coloured scars.
Preventing stretch marks
Some creams claim to remove stretch marks once they've appeared, but there is no reliable evidence that they work. There is also limited evidence about whether oils or creams help prevent stretch marks from appearing in the first place.
Prevent stretch marks during pregnancy to some extent-maintain a healthy lifestyle
Make your diet skin-nourishing
You've probably started eating a balanced diet to ensure that your baby gets enough nutrients and vitamins. While you are at it, incorporate foods that promote skin health and those that will improve the elasticity of your skin. This will help keep stretch marks from appearing. Incorporate these foods to your diet:
- Foods packed with antioxidants: as they will help protect and nourish your skin. They include vegetables and fruits
- Food that is rich in vitamin E: as it protects the cell membranes of your skin. Eat collard greens, broccoli, seeds and nuts.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: as they repair the tissues of your skin. Eat red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash and mango.
- Food that is rich in omega-3 and 6: as it will make your skin glow and keep the cell membranes healthy. Eat, eggs, walnuts, fish oil and fish.
Increase intake of liquids
Liquids help detoxify the body and also keep the cells of the skin plump, which in turn makes the skin healthy. Your skin will also be able to get back to normal from the stresses brought by stretch marks. Here are some liquid drinking habits you should practice:
Drinking eight glasses of water each day. If you are unable to ingest all at once, you can get a bottle of water that can carry all 8 glasses of water and drink the water in bits throughout the day.
Do low impact exercises
Exercise helps to retain your skin's elasticity by improving circulation. Additionally, you will be able to keep off those extra pounds.
Perform exercises for pregnant women. They include kegel exercises, stretches and all other simple movements.
Try low impact exercises and yoga. Pilates and yoga help you get rid of uncomfortable positions during pregnancy.
Pay attention to your weight
When you gain too much weight fast, you will have stretch marks. That is why you need to keep an eye on your weight. You can do so by:
- Avoiding overeating. Even though pregnant women are required to eat more calories than they were eating before, it does not mean that you eat twice as much.
- Keeping cravings at bay. When they do come, just have a little of whatever food you have cravings for and top it with a hefty serving of fruits. That way, you will have satisfied your cravings while watching your weight.
Apply natural oils
Natural oils moisturize and hydrate your skin. Apply natural oils on your lower back, legs, thighs, sides, belly and anywhere else.
Bio oil, shea butter, almond oil, wheat germ oil and cocoa butter are quite popular oils for moisturizing the skin of pregnant women. Pure lanolin is also wonderful.