Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Shantanu Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta Shantanu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 9th June 2017. I had taken ipill after 3 hrs of intercourse it was a protected sex too he used condom in every sex. Even after tat I ate ipill. Will I be pregnant. My date is on 19th June der is no symptoms till now. Today as 12th june.
I have irregular periods since 1 yrs. It delays sometimes for 1 week. Some times 2wks. Some times I have taken homeopathy medicine (puls Q). Now what should I do?
My wife is pregnant. She is 25 years old. Avocado fruit is take in pregnancy? Where and which time period? Any disadvantage?
I am 27 years old unmarried fem suffering from pcodand thyroid. Its been 6 mths I am taking treatment for pcod, but I am getting periods for 1 and 1/2 days only without medicines. Kindly tell me will it cause me any future problems as I m soon going to get married.
Respected Dr. Today I had done with transvaginal scan and it is showing "Right ovary measures - 27 * 17 mm Left ovary measures - 35 * 19 mm Left ovary shows a small well defined cyst with fine internal echoes and measuring 16 * 15 mm. POD No free fluid Impression Small clear cyst in the right ovary. Well defined small cyst with fine internal echoes in left ovary -? Hemorrghic cyst/? Endometrioma. This is what the report is. Is there anything harmful?
I am a housewife. I am five month pregnant. What precautions should I take to ensure smooth delivery. Thanks in advance.
Me and my boyfriend met few days back, and we do had close relationship like touching and Kissing and all other types on non penetrative sexual interactions. Precum and some Sperms do evolved around near Vagina but no Sexual intercourse happened between us. But we fear tat it could lead to Pregnancy after reading certain articles in internet. How could it happen without penetration? If So, is it legal in India to abort for a 19 years unmarried Female in Multi-Speciality hospitals with her own consent alone?
Also known as sexual climax, orgasm is the sudden ejection of stored sexual excitement during the process of having sex. It involves the rhythmic flexing of the muscles near the pelvic area resulting in an immensely pleasurable experience. Considered an involuntary action, it is experienced by both men and women, though they occur due to different circumstances.
While the sexual stimulation of the penis is responsible for orgasm in males, it is the stimulation of the clitoris that causes the same in women. In both the sexes the body undergoes certain changes during orgasm.
Few of them are:
- Effect on genitals: Though orgasm results in a pleasurable experience in both men and women, their genitals do not react in a similar way. Women experience a heady rush as the blood flow to the clitoris and vagina. Subsequently, the vagina secretes lubricants and increases in size. On the other hand, men experience a feeling of contraction and throbbing in their penis and prostate region. Despite the differences, the genitals in the cases release powerful sexual energy during orgasm.
- Increase in blood rate and rapid breathing: This condition is common to both men and women. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, both the sex experience an increase in heart rate, contraction of muscles and rapid breathing during orgasm.
- Release of hormones: During orgasm, there is an excessive discharge of oxytocin in both men and women. When this hormone floods the brain, it creates feelings of intimacy and a sense of warm bond. However, in males another hormone called testosterone is released which operates as a counter to the effects of oxytocin.
- Effects on brain during orgasm: The brain of men and women operate differently. The periaqueductal gray also known as PAG, an area responsible to control fights, is activated in women. At the same time, women also experience a sudden decrease in apprehension and fear. However, the same does not happen in the case of men.
- Stimulation of nerve endings: During orgasm, millions of nerve endings on the penis, vaginal opening, testes and clitoris are triggered and stimulated. This consequently produces the feeling of an arousal.