Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta Shantanu GuptaYour feedback matters!
What is safe time of having sex with gf means how many day after and before her periods and what type of precautions should I take to avoid pregnancy 100℅ surely.
My friend is suffering with his wife to do sex with her. She is not responding him properly, he want to tempt her for sex, what I have to suggest him to tempt her do sex. He is my best, he asking me to give any tablet to bring interest in her to do sex. please suggest him. If tablets are there means from where we have to buy those tablets. Is there any rule to take tablets when only doctor suggest. Or Without doctor suggestion can we buy directly from medical.
My sister is 21 year old. She is suffering from jaundice. Her last bilirubin test report was 2.66. Her previous report was 8.64. Which got lowered to 2.66 she was having medicine sorbolin n liv52. She didn't have fever in this whole period of 20 days. Suddenly today she is having 102 fever. Way can be done now? Can paracetamol be given in this jaundice with fever phase? Require help as soon as possible.
Me and my Wife last had sex on 18th May, her period was due on 24th May, We suspected that the condom broke and So I gave her an I-pill. The period arrived on 26th May. Now, we'll be having sex on 18th July. Just in case, will It be safe to still Give her an I-pill this time. (One Cycle has passed since last intercourse)
I had miscarriage this month. And I want to conceive again. Now I want to know when I can plan to conceive next? And what precautions I should take to have a successful pregnancy?
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital
Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery
If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery
Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
How to eat a healthy diet
In order to keep yourself in the best shape possible, it's essential to eat a healthy diet. Find out exactly what you should be eating on a regular basis.
Healthy diet: the building blocks
Healthy diet each day you should eat:
6 to 8 servings of grains. These include bread, cereal, rice, and pasta, and at least 3 servings should be from whole grains. A serving of bread is one slice while a serving of cereal is 1/2 (cooked) to 1 cup (ready-to-eat). A serving of rice or pasta is 1/2 cup cooked (1 ounce dry). Save fat-laden baked goods such as croissants, muffins, and donuts for an occasional treat.
2 to 4 servings of fruits and 4 to 6 servings of vegetables. Most fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat, making them a great addition to your healthy diet. Fruits and vegetables also provide the fiber, vitamins, and minerals you need for your body's systems to function at peak performance. Fruits and vegetables also will add flavor to a healthy diet. It's best to serve them fresh, steamed, or cut up in salads. Be sure to skip the calorie-laden toppings, butter, and mayonnaise, except on occasion. A serving of raw or cooked vegetables is equal to 1/2 cup (1 cup for leafy greens); a serving of a fruit is 1/2 cup or a fresh fruit the size of a tennis ball.
2 to 3 servings of milk, yogurt, and cheese. Choose dairy products wisely. Go for fat-free or reduced-fat milk or cheeses. Substitute yogurt for sour cream in many recipes and no one will notice the difference. A serving of dairy is equal to 1 cup of milk or yogurt or 1.5 to 2 ounces of cheese.
2 to 3 servings of meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts. For a healthy diet, the best ways to prepare beef, pork, veal, lamb, poultry, and fish is to bake or broil them. Look for the words loinor round in cuts of meats because they're the leanest. Remove all visible fat or skin before cooking, and season with herbs, spices, and fat-free marinades. A serving of meat, fish, or poultry is 2 to 3 ounces. Some crossover foods such as dried beans, lentils, and peanut butter can provide protein without the animal fat and cholesterol you get from meats. A cup cooked beans or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter is equal to 1 ounce of lean meat.
Use fats, oils, and sweets sparingly. No diet should totally eliminate any one food group, even fats, oils, and sweets. It's fine to include them in your diet as long as it's on occasion and in moderation.
Healthy diet: eat right and the right amount
How many calories you need in a day depends on your sex, age, body type, and how active you are. Generally, active children ages 2 to 8 need between 1, 400 and 2, 000 calories a day. Active teenage girls and women can consume about 2, 200 calories a day without gaining weight. Teenage boys and men who are very active should consume about 3, 000 calories a day to maintain their weight. If you're not active, you calorie needs drop by 400 to 600 calories a day.
Healthy diet: exercise is part of the plan
Hi doctor, I am 7 months pregnant. Please suggest a detail diet plan for last 2 months of my pregnancy. Please write a daily diet plan to be followed. Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to a detail daily diet schedule.
Hlo meri mrg ko 8 month ho re hai but pregnancy ka koi chance ni bnn rha me bht upset ho jati jb periods ate aisa kyu Kya jb tk ldki ko sex ka mja ni ayega tb tk pregnancy nai hoti please suggest me.
My friend had sex with his girlfriend upto 3 times and take unwanted tablets. These all done before 1moths. Now she suffering from stomach pain from week. Is there any problem to her sir/madam both are afraid about these. She consult D. G. O specialist and she said that its only from body heat. We have dout that she get get pregnant please told about it soon soon sir/madam we arr waiting for your response. Thanq sir.
हर रात को मेरे left हाथ और पैर मे हलकी सी कपकपाहट होती है और कभीकभी दोनो सून हो जाते है BMI के हीसाब से मेरा वजन २३ कीलो जयादा हे मेरे पति का कहेना हे की जयादा वजन की वजह से मुजे ये सब हो रहा हे It's true or false if it's true please suggest me which medicine help me.
Can you please tell me that when can I have sex without using condom or pill? It will safe for me to have sex without condom before 5 days of my periods?
Mine 1 st day menstrual was normal in flow but 2 nd day flow was reduced and 3 rd day again it was normal, can any one tell me why it happened like that?
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello doctor. I got pregnant 3 months back. I am 28 years old. At 1.5 months I went for regular check up. Everything came normal except my TSH level which came out to be 5.57. I hvnt gone for thyroid test before. Doctor gave me 50 mg thyronorm to be taken daily as she termed it hypothyroidism. After one month when tests are done again, TSH came out to be 1.67 but anti TPO antibodies are present and 278. Please explain what does this mean? Do I hv to take medication life long? Does it have any harmful effects on my kids, am expecting twins. Doctor asked me to continue medication even after delivery. What that mean?
Self-awareness (sometimes also referred to as self-knowledge or introspection) about understands your own needs, desires, failings, habits, and everything else that makes you tick. The more you know about yourself, the better you are at adapting life changes that suit your needs.
Why does self-awareness matter?
Self-awareness is the key cornerstone to emotional intelligence, according to daniel goleman. The ability to monitor our emotions and thoughts from moment to moment is key to understanding ourselves better, being at peace with who we are and proactively managing our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
In addition, self-aware people tend to act consciously rather than react passively, to be in good psychological health and to have a positive outlook on life. They also have greater depth of life experience and are more likely to be more compassionate to themselves and others.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness:
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.