Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta KumarYour feedback matters!
At the night, during sleep I feel dryness in my mouth. So, I frequently drink water but it is very uncomfortable for me. Is there any remedy for me, please suggest.
I have bad breath. Is this due to my stress n anxiety .Due to my stress and anxiety I don't do proper breathing. Could this be the reason for the bad breath.
Teeth sensitivity due to exposed dentin or fractured enamel is common during winters. Don't neglect these symptoms. Very often these are early signs of severe dental problems.
Hi 10 years back my gums started bleeding - after 3 years of struggle I got a deep cleaning of gums and it stopped for 2 years started again and I went for cleaning again this time dentist said its very clean and he can not do anything further to it, It still bleeds once in a week, I am doing pressure water floss every month. My gums are pink and looks healthy, my overall teeth are very clean and I always brush twice in a day. My mouth smells and I am sick off this gum bleeding. Please help.
Parotid gland swelling very small with very slight pain and pricking sensation. Already has once which was visible but treated with antibiotics. Occasionally smoking.
Actually from few years mouth smells bad even after brushing twice a day. It's very awkward some one says that your mouth has a bad smell. Please can you help me to get rid of this smell.
I am having blood in my mouth while sleeping. Some times the blood with saliva has yellow substance. What would be the reason.
I am a 20 years old I am in weekly 2 days in mouth ulcer its very pain please any resolution in this problem.
I am suffering from tooth pain since 7 days took the painkiller but no relieve kindly prescribe some medicine?
Everyday I will brush my teeth but it will turn into yellow I Do not understand why and I had an habit of smoking because of this will there be any effect to teeth.
I am 54 years old. Four teeth of upper and lower jaws plugged out. Want to fix dentures. Not affordable for implanting and bridging. Please advise.
My gums has effected Can grow once again my gums Pls give me a tips to grow my gums once a again. My age is 22 yrs.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.