Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta KumarYour feedback matters!
Brushing your teeth by keeping the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle will prevent your gums from getting hurt
We all desire and do many things to get a bright, white smile. So, how about adding a small tinkle that would flash every time you smile? Teeth jewelry is gaining popularity and includes placing diamonds or gems on the teeth. The idea of flashing a red ruby or a blue sapphire only adds to the joy that is revealed through the smile.
Tooth gems are colorful crystal glasses mounted on a thin aluminum foil which can be used on the teeth. Unlike body tattoos and piercings, there is no invasive procedure involved in dental jewelry placement and is therefore much safer. There is no drilling required, no pain, and hardly any extra maintenance after their placement. These gems or crystals can be placed even for special occasions and removed later.
Here is how it is applied: Once the patient has agreed to go for a tooth jewelry, given them various options to finally arrive at the color, size, and shape of the jewelry. The following is a step-by-step approach for placing it on the tooth.
- The tooth is completely dried, isolated, and cleaned with a polishing paste
- Tooth is etched with 37% orthophosphoric acid for about 30 seconds. This will improve the bonding of the jewelry to the tooth structure
- The etchant is then rinsed off with water and the tooth is again dried for about 10 seconds
- A light-curing bonding agent is applied on the tooth, left in place for about 20 seconds, light-cured, rinsed off and dried again
- Place a small amount of flow composite on the tooth surface
- Using a small forceps, pick up the jewel to be placed on the tooth without touching with fingers. Avoid skin contact especially on the back of the jewel. Position it in the desired way and apply gentle pressure
- The jewel should be in close contact with the enamel, pushing out the excess composite material from the tooth structure
- While still in the dental chair, show it to the patient on a mirror and make minor adjustments if required
- Once the final position is achieved, cure the composite thoroughly for about 60 seconds. Cure it from all side including the back of the tooth.
- It takes about 4 minutes for the entire placement easy, is it not?
- Lost jewelry due to aspiration
- Chronic irritation to the adjacent mucosa (especially lips or tongue)
- Tooth fracture due to weakened natural tooth structure, especially if the chosen jewelry size is slightly bigger
- Tooth jewelry is for any person who wants to add a sparkle to their smile, of a color of choice. It is advantageous in being temporary, painless, and of course brightening and dazzling the smile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
After finishing my lunch or dinner, when I am doing gargle and spitting on basin, then I am finding very little blood spotting where as there no cut inside mouth or tongue. This is happening from yesterday onwards. Can anyone suggest what could be the reason behind it?
I have bad breath problem don't know what are the reasons. Is any connection between stomach and breath because some doctors says that you have gastric problem. Pls give me right answer. Thanks in advance.
I'm having pulpitides on my two wisdom teeth. Now I'm taking antibiotics for three days. And I'm going to get my teeth removed 3 days later. The problem is that my heart rates keep accelerated, and I have some headaches too. Looks like my infections are not 100% under control. Q1, Can I still go for teeth extraction 3 days later? Or can I still wait for 3 days? Q2, What should I do to minimize any complication during and after the surgery? Thanks a billion.
I have mouth ulcer problem. What do I have to do to permanently stop getting infected from mouth ulcer? Please suggest me.
Here are Types, Procedures, and Benefits of Oral (Dental) Implants.
Hi, I am Dr, Pankaj Dhawan. Today I am going to tell you all about oral implants. Oral implants in dentistry have revolutionized the way we treat our patients. We are now able to give tooth in a single day to the patient so that the patient does not have to worry about the loss of the tooth. Teeth are a very important component of the smile. Once the teeth are lost, the patient realizes how important it was in daily life. Now, with oral implants we are able to restore the dentition and the masticatory power of the patient in a no given time.
The mechanics, technology and the development in oral implants have now given a good restorative option to the prosthodontist. We, at New Delhi are doing patients regularly to restore the smiles of the patient. Oral implants give the same masticatory power to the patient who had lost it once the teeth were lost. Implants are put inside the bone through a surgical procedure where the tissues are surgically removed and then the implant osteotomy site is built inside the bone. Once the implant is surgically in the bone they are given a healthy healing tank. Nowadays with the advent of newer machine implants and newer surface treatment implants we are able to restore the implants in 24 hours.
Implants give us a lot of plethora of options –
1. We can do single unit crowns
2. We can implant bridges
3. We can do implant retained over dentures
4. We can do implant retained hybrid dentures.
We can also use implants to restore the young and aged patients whenever options are available with the given bone. Even if there is a lack of bone in the patient we can use bone grafts, other augmenting techniques to restore the patient. Implants in a way are the best solution for a patient who has missing teeth.
Any person who wishes to wish to know about oral implants are free to contact us on the Lybrate platform. Thank you.