Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm concerned about my son who is 2.3 months old very active in daily work fussy eater, he was a preterm baby he had high glucose level after birth so was kept in NICU my sons height is not increasing for average toddler my husband and his family has short height history my son looks lil older than his age and height what can I do please help.
My 1.5 Year child not eating properly. Only taking milk .is any food supplement for him.Please tell.
My baby boy is of 16 months old. He's frequently suffering from running nose what are precautions to prevent it please let me know is this sign of any major problems?
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera ,asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.
My son whose age is 9 years. He is 26 kg in weight. I think he is under weight. He is quite fit. Please give me advice to increase his weight to look smart.
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
The bonding between parents and baby is complicated and often takes time to gel. While some dads connect with their baby within the early days of birth, it may take a little longer for others and that s perfectly normal. Fathers often assume that the mother will naturally have a stronger bond with the baby than you will. As long as they spend more time with the baby, a bond will develop between the two of them. Certain things that you can do to strengthen the bond between your baby and your partner are as follows:
Develop a baby bond by spending time: Start early and make him talk or sing to your pregnant belly often. This establishes a strong connection before the baby is even born. This helps your newborn to recognize the tone and pattern of each of your voices, later on.
Develop skin contact: Make him hold the baby whenever possible.Stroking their back or rocking them gently in arms invokes a sense of protection and comfort in your baby's mind. This is the best way to bond. The best is when the baby ends up sleeping and resting in the arms of the father. The baby starts to feel secure and comfortable in their presence.
Tell him to help you: Ask him to help you with bathing, dressing, and changing diapers of the baby. A father's involvement in the baby's life is essential. It not just helps the mother but also makes the father an active participant.
Let him burn the mid night oil: Let him to take up the night duty. Ask him to pick up and bring the baby to you for feedings and then take the baby back for burping. This would not only enhance their bonding but also let help you relax a bit.
Let him joke around: Fathers can soothe a crying baby extremely well. Babies pacify instantly, when the parents make funny, silly faces to make them smile.
Encourage a baby's day out: Babies love fresh air, let your partner carry and take them out for a stroll around the block.
Encourage touch: Babies respond to touch. Let him give the baby a massage for 10 to 15 minutes by gently rubbing their legs, belly, arms, and neck.
Be there: Encourage him to make it part of his daily routine, to set aside time every night to play with your little baby.
Attachment is an interactive process. You don't have to be a perfect parent all of the time in order to bond with your baby. Just do your best, and don't worry!