Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm a nursing mother of a 6 month old baby boy. I started feeding him cerelac but most of the time I'm struggling as he don't Iike to eat at all. I want my baby to be healthy please help
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
Handling a newborn:
- Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A newborn baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas.
Related Tip: "Viral Fever In New Born Babies"
My daughter is 12 years old her face texture has changed. She has got tiny heat pimples on her forehead and on back of her neck. She has got blackheads on her nose. She uses antidandruf shampoo for her hair and clean and clear face wash. Can you suggest how to remove that blackhead and improve her skin texture.
My 4 years old son have standing problem. I tried to provide home based good food but he is not improving. please suggest me proper or balance food for my 4 years old kid.
I have a daughter of 4 months who has polystic kidney diseases, can you please tell me what is the permanent solution for this problem?
My daughter is 5 years old. I want to improve her health and increase weight. She is too much slim and weight less and most of time suffering from fever/cold/cough in b/w 1 or 2 months. Please Help.
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
My 4 years old daughter first caught by cold then fever. I am giving her cozy kids. After taking the medicine temperature goes down but after 4- 5 hrs again she gets fever. What should I do?
Dear Sir, Please impart advise about the cold and cough of baby and 52 years old lady. Once attacked does not relief early. How we get rid of aforesaid problem. With regards.
Hi my name is satveer, I have two daughter. What should I give in food for good growth in terms of height. My daughter are 3 years n 5 years.
What should be given to 12 years old boy to make him strong internally. To boost his immunity. Is yokult good? how it works. My boy is allergic to dust. Please help.
My daughter is 1 year old.In 24 hours she sleep 2 hours in day and 7-8 hours in night but not properly. She wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is also under weight baby.In this case what should I do? She don't like to eat except milk. Can I test thyroid of my baby?
My daughter is vomiting a lot. She is 3 1/2 month old and breastfeeding is almost on its end as not producing enough. I have tried similac, nan pro but she is not accepting any of it then I tried toned milk to which she responded well in the beginning but now she has started vomiting again. On an average out of 5 feeds she vomits 2-3 times a day. I am soo worried as how she will grow without any nutrition. Can I feed her anything else apart from milk? Is there any medicine which can stop her excess vomits? Her weight is 5kg n length is 63cm, is it fine for her age? Should I change my paediatrician as the current one says that she is fine and avoid giving her toned milk n keep on changing the brand of formula milk if she is vomiting one because that is the only best option for feeding outer milk. Please suggest the best possible solution. I am sooo worried.
Suvarna prashan sanskar is one of the 16 essential rituals described in ayurveda for children.
It is one of the most important ayurvedic oral vaccination which should be compulsorily administered to every child.
This vaccination is the most superior one when compared to the modern vaccinations like bcg; polio drops; hepatitis; etc. As they have many other side-effects too.
What is suvarna prashan?
The process in which suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer?
Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16 years.
What is the time of administration?
Suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or at least on every pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
What are the benefits of suvarna prashan?
• suvarna prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftentimes.
• it builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activities and also improves stamina for the same.
• regular doses of suvarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
• it kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
• suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
• it helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
• it develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
• it helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
• it guards children from various allergies.
• it protects children from ailments occurring during teething phase.
• tones up skin color.
Overall it makes child healthier.
Benefits of suvarna prashan at vishwacare:
• prepared using completely natural and organic products which are 100% original
• freshly made on every pushya nakshatra
• prepared by the doctor herself
• suvarna prashan drops and leham, both are given
• suvarna prashan daily drops are also available
• substantial beneficial results are achieved
Children taking suvarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
This suvarna prashan thus helps in the overall development of the child in a more safer way by providing side benefits without any side effects.
Upcoming dates of suvarna prashan in 2017:
8th march (wed) 05: 46 pm - 9th march (thurs) 05: 12 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 05: 12 pm on 9th march)
4th april (tue) 11: 12 pm - 5th april (wed) 10: 52 pm
2nd may (tue) 5: 16 am - 3rd may (wed) 4: 33 am
29th may (mon) 1: 25 pm - 30th may (tue) 11: 57 am
25th june (sun) 11: 25 pm - 26th june (mon) 9: 22 pm
23rd july (sun) 09: 53 am - 24th july (mon) 7: 43 am
19th aug (sat) 7: 09 pm - 20th aug (sun) 5: 22 pm
16th sept (sat) 2: 16 am - 17th sept (sun) 1: 05 am
13th oct (fri) 7: 46 am - 14th oct (sat) 6: 54 am
9th nov (thurs) 1: 39 pm - 10th dec (fri) 12: 25 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from 1: 39 pm on 9th nov to before sunrise on 10th nov)
6h dec (wed) 9: 57 pm - 7th dec (thurs) 7: 54 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 7: 54 pm on 7th dec)
(P.S.: Guru pushya amrut yog is the best time to give suvarna prashan)