Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shruti Mittal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti MittalYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old. This month I missed my period. Usually I use to get my periods with in 22 to 26 days. But this time 32 days over but I didn't get my period yet. I took home pregnancy test on 32nd day and result came negative. I am in confusion. Is it too early to test. Am I still can be a pregnant? I never missed my periods beyond 32 days. Please advise
I am married since March 2017. My semen report is normal. But my wife is not pregnant in three months .my wife period date is on 13 june Suggest me.
I and my boyfriend had genital contact 2 months back and he ejaculated on my panty and I had light periods the next months and this month I did not have periods. I had a usg 3 months back and it showed a liquid or fluid cyst? So are there chances of being pregnant. please help.
Dear Doctor, I'm going to get married in 6 months can I do oral with my wife and can she do oral on me please advice.
Today I test my pregnancy & Its result positive. Today is 45 days from my last period ending date. I'm now just 22 years old, so I want to take abortion pill. But I'm going to a 7 days trip with my husband at tonight, So I want to take that pills after 7 days (3/05/2018). Now my question is can I do intercourse without any protection like condom for those 7 days, and after that abortion pills can work as expected. Kindly help me as soon as possible.
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
Hi sir, we got married 3 years back and we are planning to get pregnant from that time we recently noticed that my wife has PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) problem whether its curable. Whether we have any special treatments to cure it fast and to get pregnant.
Hi, I am Dr. Lokendra Tomar, weight loss, and wellness coach, I believe in sharing true knowledge so that you can take care of your own health and live a disease free life. I believe food is the best medicine. Pregnancy ke baad weight gain ek common issue hai. Aur weight gain mein cellulite ka develop hona who bhi bohut common hai. Cellulites kya hotey hai jo fat cells grow karti hai toh balloon ki tarah jab failne lagti hai unke beech ke blood cells squeeze ho jatey hai aur uss particular area mein blood circulation reduce ho jata hai, toh agar humey uss particular area se fat burn karna ho toh badi mushkkil hoti hai.
Toh kaun kaun se areas hai, the side of the thighs, thighs ke side ka area mein jo pouch bann jatey hai who bada mushkil ho jata hai. Aur dusra area hai, jaha pe cellulite zyada develop hota hai. Toh inn dono area se fat burn karne k liye ek chhota sa simple process hai jo aap ghar mein follow kar sakte hai aur who process hai massage ka. Jab aap massage karte hai toh yahan blood circulation imrpve karne mein madad milti hai. Toh massage kaise karna hai, yeh ek fat burning oil hai (displaying). Lipolyzer fat burning oil. Issey humey massage karna hai, aur kaise, clock wise and anti clock wise direction mein circular motion mein aise massage karengey, issey iss mein jo essential oils hai, vasodilator hotey hai, blood cells ko dilate karte hai, jab blood vessel dilate ho jayengey toh uss area mein jaha blood vessel jaha hai waha pe blood circulation improve ho jayega aur jab blood circulation badhega waha se fat remove hoga aur humara fat burning shuru ho jayega. Toh pehla massage karna aur dusra diet follows karna.
Diet kaisa, aisa diet jo hamara body ko fat burning mode mein le kr jaye. Toh diet mein zyada sugar humein avoid krna hai. Jitna zyada sugar diet mein hoga utna zyada fat deposit hota hai. Toh sugar kam karna hai matlab low carbohydrate diet pattern follow karna hai. Low carbohydrate diet pattern follow karey sath mein oil massage karey toh apka cellulite bhi remove hoga aur particular shaping jo aap chahtey hai who bhi apko mil jayengi.
Toh aap pregnancy ke baad agar weight loss karna chahta hai toh mujhse online consult kar sakte hai Lybrate pe yah aap mujhe personally visit kar sakte hai.
When man first started using tobacco, he probably did not know that it would grow to be an epidemic that could cause multiple health issues. Be it smoking or chewing, tobacco has severe negative effects on health. Take any of current lifestyle diseases from diabetes to infertility to obesity, the common risk factor is tobacco abuse. In addition, depending on the form of tobacco used, specific organs are affected. For instance, chewing tobacco leads to oral cancer while smoking causes lung cancer.
The statistics around tobacco abuse are extremely startling and can be read below:
- A total of about 90 trillion rupees are spent on various tobacco products.
- About 1.4 trillion is spent on healthcare related to conditions caused by tobacco abuse.
- India has about 120 million tobacco users.
- More than 7 million people die every year due to tobacco usage.
- The Government has levied a GST of 28% on cigarettes, making them unaffordable, which is one of the ways to promote quitting.
- For those who want to quit but are not able to, there is a quit-line setup, which is toll-free, 1800-11-2356 and is accessible from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Tobacco is a menace in all the strata of society. The lower economic classes are adversely affected both due to lack of knowledge and healthcare facilities. Therefore, the government uses the World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) that is observed by all members of the World Health Organization as an opportunity to drive this awareness.
This is celebrated on May 31st every year. Some measures that are taken to promote 'say no to tobacco' campaign are listed below.
- In 1975, the Cigarettes (Regulation of Production, Supply, and Distribution) Act was introduced, which made it mandatory for cigarette packs to have a warning stating “Smoking Kills” or “Smoking is injurious to health.”
- Marketing campaigns are shown in the movie theaters at the beginning of movies which depict the hazards of tobacco
- Smoking is banned in most public areas, and warnings are on display.
- Children below 18 are not sold tobacco products. If in doubt, the seller can ask for age identification.
- Schools and colleges do not have tobacco selling within 100 meters of the campus.
- The price increase ensures that not everybody has easy access to cigarettes.
- Celebrities promote quitting tobacco and smoking by talking about their personal stories.
- Restaurants have separate smoking sections where children are not allowed to sit
- Tobacco in form of beedi and gutkha also needs to be targeted, as the lower income groups often use these. Also, beedi is sold as single units, so cost is not a deterrent.
How can a healthcare professional help you?
A healthcare professional plays a vital role in a smokers life, as it the healthcare professional that can increase the odds of quitting with guidance, medication, and support.
What should a healthcare professional do?
- Identify people who smoke
- Motivate them to quit or think about quitting
- Refer a person who smokes for treatment and support
- Support ongoing abstinence
What is the right smoking cessation strategy?
- Ask: Every smoker to visit a healthcare professional
- Advise: Urge the smoker to leave smoking
- Assess: Assess whether the person is willing to quit in 30 days
- Assist: Plan and help Rx Quit
- Arrange: Arrange a follow-up through phone or sms or in person
What is that people who smoke need help with?
- First and the foremost challenge are the withdrawal symptoms
- Urge to smoke and borderline depression with a possibility of relapse
- People who have high pre-abstinence nicotine intake
How to get over the initial withdrawal discomfort?
- Behavioral support is of proven efficacy
- Can be delivered in different formats
- Can be delivered in different formats
- Nicotine replacement therapy and nortriptyline are of proven efficacy
Facts On Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
- There are no real contradictions related to NRT
- No drug interactions
- Side effects, if there are any are localized e.g.
- Taste of oral products
- Hiccups with the mouth spray
- Skin irritation with patch
Treatment for quitting Nicotine
- Medications: Medicines which are useful adjuncts in the determined but unsuccessful quitters are Varenicline and Bupropion.
- Electronic cigarette: Electronic cigarettes are not as effective as imagined and have few side effects
Though smoking out in the open has reduced, there are miles to cover when it comes to eradication of tobacco.