Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shruti Mittal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti MittalYour feedback matters!
I have taken contraceptive pill n I am bleeding before 15days of my periods and this one is not a normal period so is it a sign of pregnancy or something else?
My wife has missed her periods from last 2 months she did not been in her regular cycle, also she is having pain in her stomach and she is also having pain at the time of urine, so can anyone help me out what should I do and are these the symptoms of her pregnancy?
Lumbar disc prolapse is common
The mri images and symptoms of the patient need not necessarily match.
Here comes the role of pain management specialist
He examines the patient thoroughly and offers treatment options like root injections or endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia
These are simple safe and scientific
We had sex for 3 months ago. But my sperm did not got under in my gf. But her mc date is over since 3 month. Before we had sex she's mc came out after 2 month or 45 days. Sir is she pregnant?
I am 26 years old I had protected sex using condom with my bf. After 2 days of sex I am having feeling of vomit, headache dizziness. I am scared that can I be pregnant. I didn't took ipill after that. My last period came on 11 Jan n I had sex on 26 jan since then I am having these symptoms till date. Kindly help me.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.