Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti JainYour feedback matters!
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury.
Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Hi, I am 25 years old male. I am very slim. So I want to little fat? so please tell me what can I do for this.
I'm 24 years old man. I feel that I'm too short, but my dad was tall and my mom is short. My height is in between both of them. Will I grow up future? Is there any treatment or natural way to grow up?
In 2011 I had suffered from paralysis now I am ok but before 15 days I done my lipid profile test my total cholesterol was 201 mgs. Ldl was 129. 80 is it good or bad?
Asthma is a very common condition that is quite often 'miss' diagnosed. Asthma presents as breathlessness, it is also called as wheezing, due to the typical sound that is often present. The lungs help us breathe in the air , there is a phase where the air goes in called inspiration and when the air comes out its called expiration. Asthma typically occurs when the air pipes or tubes through which the air goes in and comes out gets narrowed. When this happens , there is increased resistance to the air flow and this resistance causes the wheeze or sounds that are associated with the condition.
Some people are more prone to Asthma than others , those with a general tendency of allergies tend to be more at risk for developing asthma. Since the narrowing of the air pipes reduces the air flow, there also is a change in the gas exchange which happens in the lungs, when the gas exchange is suboptimal the body feels the need for more air and this is characterized as breathlessness. Sometimes a person might also have a cough along with the wheezing and this can be misdiagnosed as a respiratory infection when there is none, unless there is a clear-cut evidence of infection that too of bacterial origin Antibiotics won't be useful. ( because a large number of viral infections can also be there).
Many people when they have a cough and breathlessness walk into a drug store and buy an antibiotic or cough syrup and self-medicate. This can be very harmful, developing antibiotic resistance means the next time there is an infection the less likely the antibiotics are likely to work and secondly some medicines can themselves increase the risk of asthma or wheeze.
The treatment of Asthma is very simple, there are very good inhalers that help the tightness or narrowing of the air pipes to be relieved in a matter of seconds, so if you think you have asthma consult someone who can diagnose it correctly and help you live more productively.
My uncle's bp was high with 148/80 two days back as he was under mental stress and anxiety. We gave him medical attention. He got injection to lower down bp. But today morning he got convulsions and we took him to nearest hospital. Doctors have done tests and they have said there is small gap in cerebral and that is not serious! what can be done?
Sir, I have a doubt. I am 18 years old, I started masturbating from last 1 year. I feel that my skin is loosing its charm, and glow. How to stop masturbating and retain glowing skin. I hate masturbation but somehow I masturbate everyday. Please give suggestions sir.
I am about 20 years old. Is it possible for me to remove the gap between the teeth by using dental braces.
Sir I want to join army. But my height is 5-2. From last two years there is no increasement. My parents height is also 5-2. I want to take medicine of height increasing product but afraid of side affects. Sir will you please tell me the safe medicine or taking guarantee for height increasing. Either it is ayurvedic or something else. I want at least 3-4 inches for army selection. please help me sir. Give me your contact number also.
I have problem of stomach. Every time I eat something I feel like to go to the bathroom and I have mouth ulcer problem and I go 3 or more time for bathroom every day.
I am 20 years old boy I am not to sleep last two nights and feeling cold and my body paining regular sir suggest me something what should I do?
I am 19 years old adult but I am underweight. My weight is just 50 kgs and I seriously want to gain weight. Please can a dietitian give me a healthy vegetarian diet chart?
I am married from last 2 months and had good sex life but nowadays whenever I am willing to have intercourse I am not able to as penis is not getting erected? And if it is then it comes normal within less then a minute. What should I do?
Hi sir. I am blessed with a baby girl in the month of june 2015 by cesarean section. Since then I did not have my MC(periods). What should I do?
Foods to include in indian low carb diet:-
- Soaked almonds (5-8 pieces. This is the best way to start your day)
- Roasted almonds for mid time snacking.
Nuts and seeds –
- Roasted soybean, roasted bengal gram dal, roasted flax seeds, roasted sunflower seeds for mid time snacking.
- Rajma / kidney beans – there are a lot of dishes you can make using kidney beans
- Mexican salsa with chopped veggies
- Rajma tikki (griddle cake) with coriander or curd and mint leaves dip/ chutney
- Boiled kidney bean salad
- Baked kidney beans with little cheese.
- Mung dal chilla / savory pan cakes using yellow or green split mung dal. (you can add chopped veggies, coriander or even stuff it with paneer to add to taste and fiber)
- Mung dal with veggies (recipe of mung dal with veggies)
- Mung dal soup
- Mogar (a famous rajasthani preparation made with palak and mung dal)
Panner / cottage cheese:
- Paneer bhurji with veggies (cook in very little oil)
- Paneer tikka (marinate with only curd and needed spices, and grill without any oil)
- Cubed panner salad
- Palak panner veggie (home made with little or no oil)
- Sauteed paneer chilly in minimum olive oil
- Smoothies – use any ow carb fruit (avoid – banana, mango, chikku, custard apple)
- Salted lassi
- Flavor yogurt
- As dressings on salads
- Boiled red channa salad with cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
- Pressure cooked red channa with tomato gravy (cooked in little or no oil).
- Mix sprouts salads
- Mix sprouts dosa / pan cake
- Mix sprout usal cooked in little or no oil
- Mix sprouts bhel with little puffer rice.
Plain or flavored, and hot or cold as you like it
- Soy milk and tofu
- Roasted soybean
- Soy bean chunks or granules with homemade gravies in less oil
- Boiled, scrambled or poached
- Omelets with veggies
- Steamed, broiled, baked or grilled form
- In salads and brown bread sandwiches
Steamed, broiled, baked or grilled
Now that you now what foods to eat in an indian low carb diet, here are some tips on how you can adapt an indian low carb diet for weight loss.
Tips for following an indian low carb diet:
- Choose complex carbs: indian low carb diet calls for giving up on consumption of simple carbs and include more of complex carbs through whole grains like brown rice, oats, whole wheat, barley, whole wheat pasta and whole wheat breads. These whole grains are complex carbs containing plenty of fiber. Intake of these foods will facilitate the weight loss process.
- Increase protein intake: proteins help to get the feeling of satiety. They stabilize the blood sugar level and control your cravings. You can include more of low fat dairy products, lean meats, beans, legumes and a total of around 50 gram protein per day.
- Go high on high fiber food: having raw salads with your meals and with a good amount of fruits will ensure an increased fibre intake in the diet. Green leafy vegetables are rich in minerals and they help in certain health conditions like blood pressure and diabetes. Being high in fibre, they also aid in weight loss. Besides fruits and veggies, you can add flax seeds, fenugreek (methi) seeds, sprouts and whole grains to your meals.
- Watch your fat: you need to avoid all trans fats. This means that you have to stay away from fast foods and deep fried foods like fries, cutlets, cheese sticks and pakodas. Try to consume the monounsaturated fats (present in olive oil, peanut oil and mustard seed oil) as they help in limiting your carb intake and in bringing the feeling of satiety. Avoid saturated fats (present in butter, ghee and margarine).
- Become a wise eater: low carbs and desserts is a rare combination. Most people have a misconception that excluding desserts completely from the diet will allow them to lead a healthy life. In actuality, it’s not about omission, but about choosing your food correctly without depriving yourself! all you need to do is to eat in limitation. Every food, when eaten in limitation, can only benefit your health while undesirable consequences begin to appear once you stop watching your portion intakes. Staying within the limits helps in controlling and maintaining weight apart from helping in avoiding sugar hikes and in maintaining stabilized blood sugar levels. So eat wisely and be healthy.
- Do regular exercises: after years and years of researches, experts have claimed that any person who is regular in his exercise has an overall better health in comparison to a person who doesn’t exercise. Exercise helps in maintaining a good body weight, it keeps blood sugar levels under control and aids in the better functioning of the heart and other organs. You can increase your carb allowance window by exercising. Note – in my experience of 10 years now I have noticed that an indian low carb diet works to give good weight loss results only if the person includes exercises in his schedule while following the diet.
- Avoid binging: most of the snacks that we binge on are carbs, whether it is a chocolate, a candy, pastries, chips or fries! if we learn to avoid binging, we will be successful in cutting down on a lot of unwanted carbs. Try to eat your meals in time and most importantly, eat in regular intervals. A gap of more than 4 hours between your meals will make your hunger take a hike and you will jump to take all the unhealthy foods!
- Balance it out: if you happen to go heavy on your meal either due to a social gathering or a festival or any such occasion where you don’t have much control over your food, then you must balance it out well to avoid sugar splurges in blood. There is nothing wrong in going light once in a while! a complete fruit diet for a meal or just milk and cereals are not bad options!
Now that you have read the tips on adapting an indian low carb diet, you must understand that cutting on the simple carbs is a good idea. But cutting down carbs completely from your meal plan is not really advisable. Here are 2 reasons why you should never completely omit carbs from your meal while following an indian low carb diet.
Why you should not completely omit carbs from your diet:
1] Carbs (glucose) is the only source of energy that your brain and the central nervous system can utilize. So absence of glucose can turn out to have serious ill effects on health.
2] Carbs and fat metabolism – Fats cannot be completely broken down in the absence of carbs. Hence if you are looking for losing fat weight, it is important to have the minimum amount required of carbs to facilitate the complete breakdown of fat or the process of lipolysis. In the absence of carbs, the amount of ketone bodies in the blood stream will accumulate and lead to metabolic disorders like ketosis or acidosis.
The above mentioned reasons will justify the presence of carbs day in strict diets like the general motor’s diet (gm diet). Read – indian version of gm diet.
3] Carbs and exercises – Do you know that without proper carbohydrate intake, you cannot do exercises? carbohydrates are the best fuels for your muscles since they become accessible easily in comparison to proteins and fats.
The process – at the time of digestion, carbs are broken down into glucose, which then enters the bloodstream. The glucose is then picked up by the other cells of the body to produce energy. Glucose, that remains unutilized, is converted and stored as muscle glycogen in the short run and finally gets converted into body fat in the long run. So carbs are needed to supply energy to you while doing physical activities.
Carbohydrates are not bad provided you select the right ones. For example having mango is better than munching potato chips. The nutritional value of carbohydrates depends on the presence of nutrients and on the degree of processing that the food has gone through.
What are the healthy carbs that you should love?
If you have made up your mind to follow an indian low carb diet, you must also know about the healthy carbs that you should include in your regime.
- Fruits and vegetables: While following an indian low-carb diet, people generally ignore the fruits and vegetables! but these are the healthiest foods of all. According to a study report published by the american institute for cancer research and the world cancer research fund, you can prevent art least 20 percent of all cancers by including 5 to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Another study has proved that the risk of coronary heart disease falls by four percent for every one serving increase of fruits and vegetables each day. Adequate consumption of fruits and vegetables also yields positive effects on bone density.
- Whole grains: the breads are back – Think of the fiber-packed brown ones and forget about the ones made with refined flour. Whole grains are packed with nutrients and fiber. They contain all the three parts of the kernel. The bran or the outer shell contains b vitamins, fiber and at least 50 percent of the minerals contained in the entire grain. The germ part contains b vitamins, vitamin e, minerals, healthy fats and phytochemicals. The endosperm part contains protein, carbs and smaller amounts of b vitamins. Refined grains only contain the endosperm part and hence the vital nutrients present in the germ and bran are left out. Research suggests that three servings of whole grains per day can cut down your risk of diabetes and coronary heart disease by almost 30 percent. Other health benefits include lowering of serum triglyceride levels and blood pressure and a fall in the risk of gum diseases. Some popular whole grain choices include brown rice, oatmeal, corn and pop corns, wild rice, buckwheat, barley, bulgar wheat and quinoa.
- Low fat/non-fat yogurt and milk: These carbs add health to your bones and cause a lowering of your blood pressure. These dairy products are good sources of vitamin d, protein, riboflavin and calcium. Yogurt lacks vitamin d. So get your vitamin d from milk and vitamin d-fortified cereals. You should check the fat content of the dairy products. High amounts of saturated fat are not heart-healthy.
- Beans: Beans are healthy carbohydrates which can prevent cancer. It is known for preventing the reappearance of colon cancer. Research suggests that beans can prevent constipation, lower cholesterol and brings down the risks of coronary heart disease. The nutrients present in beans include protein, folate, potassium, magnesium, fiber and other minerals.