Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Greying of hair occurs when the pigments which give hair its characteristic color stop working. The pigment cells present in the hair follicle produce a chemical known as melanin which is responsible for the color of the hair. Usually greying of hair begins when one reaches their mid-thirties, however, premature greying can occur in one's twenties.
These are some home remedies for treating greying of hair -
1. Almond oil and lemon juice massage - Almond oil enhances the elasticity and provides nourishment to the hair. Lemon is a good source of vitamins and phosphorus which help in promoting the growth of the hair. Combining almond oil and lemon juice helps in preventing greying of hair.
2. Indian gooseberry - Indian gooseberry or amla contains high amounts of antioxidants and vitamin C which is an excellent remedy for greying hair. You can either apply amla oil or consume the fruit to reap its benefits.
3. Henna - Henna is a natural hair colorant that is used to darken the color of the hair. It also helps in strengthening the hair strands.
4. Coconut oil - Coconut oil helps in moisturizing the hair, eliminates dandruff and promotes hair growth. Coconut oil contains high amounts of antioxidants that help in treating grey hair.
5. Black tea - Black tea enhances hair strength and promotes hair growth apart from adding a natural dark hue to the hair strands. It is one of the most favored methods to treat grey hair.
6. Curry leaves - Curry leaves contain vitamin B which improves the functioning of the pigments present in the hair follicle. It also provides nourishment to the hair and limits hair fall.
7. Blackstrap molasses - It is a by-product of sugarcane that is rich in minerals such as manganese, calcium and vitamin B. It is also rich in copper that is beneficial to the hair pigment.
8. Shikakai - Shikakai, also known as 'Acacia Concinna' is a herb that helps in grey hair treatment. It restricts hair fall and promotes growth of hair.
I am having problem of hair fall and dandruff. I have tried number of shampoos but no effect. Can you help me.
I have a black scar in my face on chin because I was apply garlic in my face it make this scare. How to cure this and pls ans me WHEN IT CURE. I am 20 years old.
Hi, I have been facing acne issues since a long time. Now I am planning a baby. Which medicine can I apply topically for my acne?
I have hypothyroid and I am suffering from alopecia. A small path has appeared on the middle of my head and i'm suffering from huge hairfall, around 200-300 strands a day and almost 500 on day of head wash. Plse help me. I have lost 3/4th of my hair volume.
I have back spot and as well as pimple I using removed cream but I dose not see any changes what should I do.
Go spotless: 6 home remedies to reduce dark spots naturally
Dark spots also known as hyperpigmentation is a common and usually harmless condition in which patches of skin become darker in color than the normal surrounding skin. It is caused due to excessive melanin production by the skin cells. It is the most common sign of skin damage and can affect anyone irrespective of race or age. Common causes include sun exposure without sunscreen, stress, hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause and birth control pills.
Can hyperpigmentation be reduced naturally?
Yes, there are some effective natural remedies that can help in reducing the appearance of dark spots over time. Some of these useful home remedies to reduce hyperpigmentation are:
1. Aloe vera
Gently apply aloe vera juice on the affected area. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. Aloe vera contains mucilaginous polysaccharides that can effectively lighten dark spots.
2. Orange peel
Grate an orange peel and make a paste/gel with few teaspoons of raw milk. Leave it on for half an hour and then massage gently and wash it off with warm water. Exfoliate your face at least 3 to 4 times a week with this paste. Exfoliation encourages cell renewal removing the dark blotches.
Make a paste of 5 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 10 tablespoons of milk and apply it all over your face. Gently massage your face and wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes.
Potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
5. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps a lot in reducing the appearance of dark patches on the skin due to hyperpigmentation. It has excellent skin lightening properties that can help in restoring the skin's natural color. Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. Use this solution to rinse the affected area. Leave it on for two to three minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
Tomato acts as natural bleaching agent. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber. Make a mixture of tomato oatmeal and yogurt and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and massage your skin gently in-between. Wash off with cold water you can do this treatment twice a week for best results.
How can hyperpigmentation be prevented?
You can prevent the appearance of dark spots by following these basic tips:
-use sunscreen with spf 30 and above, before going out in the sun. If you stay outdoors for more than 3-4 hours, reapply your sunscreen
-increase intake of food rich in vitamin a and antioxidants. Vegetables like spinach, carrots, lettuce, broccoli, red bell peppers, sweet potato to help reduce and prevent pigmentation.
-increase intake of citrus fruits, the vitamin c helps reduce damage caused by harmful uv rays, reduces dark spots and maintains skin health.
-increase consumption of dairy, eggs, liver and mutton for a boost of vitamin b12.
-vegans or vegetarians can get a vitamin supplement from a physician. Deficiency of vitamin b12 is a common cause for skin pigmentation, and meeting your daily requirement can prevent pigmentation.
-drink plenty of water to make your skin supple and to get rid of toxins. You should be drinking 2-3 liters of fluids in summer.
My hair become white from 5-6 years, I am using original organ badam shirin in my hair daily. Please give solution.
I have a serious ulcer problem and while eating eagerly am getting hiccups. And how to reduce my ulcer problem. I have smoking habit, how to quit smoking. I have little bit skin issues how to reduce black spots on my face.
I am having acme problem all my face, its from more than 10 years also having scars on face due to pimples tried many doctors and medicine but result was not good. Even had tried jamuna pai specialist. But no result.
Hi Doctor. I am having chickenpox and this is my seven th day slowly the color of the blister getting changed. So please suggest me how to get mark free skin as soon as possible?
I have black spots as well as pimples in my mouth. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
Hair loss often starts as a problem we tend to brush aside, until it actually starts showing up in worrying quantities on the hair brush. Suddenly we observe our scalp to be more visible, there is more hair in the shower drain, on our shoulders and on our seat. It is common to shed around 50 hairs in a day, but when this dramatically changes to 150+ a day, you need to take action as quickly as possible.
Hair loss can occur in men and women at any age. It can be a temporary phenomenon or an ongoing one and is often caused by a number of reasons like change of environment, shampoo, genetic problems, health problems and more. The main thing is to first identify the reason for the hair fall before treating it for long term solutions. Here are some of the common ways to deal with hair loss:
1. Wash it right: Detangle your hair fully and slowly before you get into the shower. That way it won't get tangled and messy when wet. Next, use cold water to wash your hair. If the water is too hot, it may dry your hair and add to your problems. The most important step here is to use the right products for your hair wash. Use a mild shampoo as much as possible and take time out to deep condition your hair. Be sure to use products that you have tried and tested before only. Last, but not the least use a hair serum after your wash to strengthen it and prevent breakage. Refrain from combing wet hair.
2. Get to the root of the cause: The most common reason for hair loss in both men and women is androgenetic alopecia also called pattern baldness. The most common occurrence happens around menopause. The other causes can be side effects of brief illness, stress and reaction to drugs. Once you catch the cause, the course of treatment can chart an effective path.
3. Try medication: There are several medicines out there that promise to revitalize your locks and enhance new hair growth. These include massage oils, scalp creams and oral pills all of which can be taken individually or in combination to promote hair growth. Be sure to consult a doctor before you start on this.
4. Improve your diet: Eating iron rich food with a copious quantity of protein and zinc can also work wonders to internally strengthen your hair. Pumpkin seeds, eggs, shellfish, wheat germ are some of the items you can include in your daily diet to improve your hair quality.
5. Hairstyle with care: Women can start with the simple hairstyling tricks of adding layers, which gives a sense of volume and bounce. Couple it with large curls and you have a perfect illusion of lush healthy hair. But limit the parlor to only haircuts. Avoid the blow dry or colouring, straightening or ironing that can cause further damage.