Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shruti Chawla
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti ChawlaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old man and I have the problem in my eyes from last 3 years. Every night its get so red and its pained. I use drop from a year but its costly for me. Please give me some advice what I can do for my eyes. I am so afraid
29 year male Why I irritate so easily Why I get emotional while angry Why I fear in crowd and stranger Why I cannot make eye contact Why I think so much Why I get nervous and fear Why am I getting nonsense stupid thoughts about my family from 15 years I do not want this life Please tell me for God sake.
Sir, my eyes have power of -5.5 and I don't wish to wear spectacles. please tell the options available to me. Also kindly tell me about the LASIK laser operation for eyes and how safe is it. Also is contact lens a good option for my eyes? What are its drawbacks? Thanking you. Aman Deep.
I wanna tell you symptoms. My eyes pain a lot. Forehead side. Constant cough with blood. Fever doesn't turn down even after medicine. Insomniac. This is like from 8-10 days. Please help.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I am getting red eyes at night after I surf my phone about any hour. I cannot stay away from phone so guide me in this matter.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.