Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shruti AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My periods every month was coming at 26 or 27 days. Now it's 29th day I dint get. Lot of cramps lower back, abdomen and leg pain now and then and not continuous. Feeling exhausted, have cold and not able to get up in the morning. Can I be pregnant?
Hi I am 10 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound scan yesterday. I saw a baby s heartbeat and it measures 173 beat. And in report I found in right ovary there is a corpus leutal cyst which measures 1.6 cm and I didn't have any bleeding or pain. Kindly help me .wat exactly it is. I am very much worried.
Dear sir/ ma'am she is taking medicine for pregnancy 15 days.(fertisure f, emicin,myonol, ferpill kit) and now she has a problem of digesting a food and having pain in anus. Please suggest me some good medicine.
I am 47 year old female from. Last two time l have long periods with only spotting .it's near about ten day very less bleeding no need to take pad, what is the cause.
Hi am 23 year female I am didn't getting pregnant after marriage one year completed me and my hubby worried about pregnancy we taking the complete blood test and scanning, urine test, and thyroid test my reports are normal and my age is 23 my hubby age is 34 and my last LMP's are 14/11/2015, 11/12/2015, 22/01/2016, why this is happening please answer me Dr. Wt to do?
I and my girlfriend are planning to have sex. I am definitely gonna use a condom. Apart from that, there are pills available for women that are taken on a daily basis to avert any possibility of pregnancy. Could you give more info on that and to take it for my girlfriend.
i-PILL is EMERGENCY contraceptive;not an abortion pill. it helps in preventing an unplanned pregnancy.
i-PILL should be taken within 72 hrs . It works most effectively if taken within 12 hrs of unprotected sex.
i-PILL is not suitable for teenagers.if you are thinking of i-PILL your age must be above 25 yrs.
- lower abdominal pain
- breast tenderness
- vaginal discharge
- excess bleeding or scanty bleeding for several days
- mess-up with menstrual cycle for longer time (3 to 6 months)
- decreases libido (sex drive)
- affects fertility
- higher chances of PCOS
- i-PILL have 10% failure rate
- i-PILL should not be repeated within 6 months
- i-PILL does not offer protection against HIV/AIDS & sexually transmitted diseases
Instead of this partner must use safer option like condom.it provides protection against unwanted pregnancy, HIV & sexually transmitted diseases
To protect pregnancy what is the right time of having sex without any protection? Is having sex on 9 th day from the menstrual cycle may lead to pregnancy?
Sir/madam I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on 19/4/16. Her periods started from 11/4/16 and ended on 17/4/16. But I didn't ejaculate in her vagina. But ejaculated outside. But not 100% sure whether a drop of sperm entered inside or not. Are there any chances of pregnancy? If so what is the way to avoid now?
Charming Health - March 2017
- Importance of immunity cannot be under played under any circumstances.
- It is immunity which protects humans against all ailments.
- However, unfortunately it is going down due to pollution, wrong food habits, and misuse of antibiotics.
- It is now proved that immunity levels can be improved by several methods, namely Exercise, Right food habits, Scientific Fasting etc.
- Among all of them Fasting is definitely the most important and effective tool.
- One good occasion for fasting the Navaratry period. Celebrate it as Health Festival. This News letter has suggested the ritual to be followed, every time the Navaratry is around.
- The Vasant Navaratry this year is commencing from 28th March 2017.
- For the convenience of new members and for those who might have forgotten, the ritual is being again repeated in this News Letter under Health Tips. Follow it and prepare to protect against ailments lurking round the corner to attack, as soon as the Summer and Monsoon seasons arrive.
Observe Navaratry as suggested below:
NAVRATRI HEALTH TIPS:
DIET DURING NAVARATRY:
Depending upon the personal body constitution the procedure is divided in 4 Sections as follows:
A. Obese and Non Diabetic: Just stop all foods and start on plain Water or Lime water or Coconut water. Use a mix of these, for first seven days. Change to Fresh Fruit Juice or sugarless Juice, for two remaining days. On the tenth day take a light meal and then gradually come back to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 4-5 Kgs)
B. Obese and Diabetic: Stop all food. Start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice, preferably citrus, for all nine days. Divide the fruit juice in 4-5 equal parts. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 3-4 kgs)
C. Normal constitution: Stop all normal food. For first three days take nothing but water, lemon water or coconut water. From the fourth day onwards start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight loss, 2-3 Kgs)
D. Under weight and first timers: Stop Normal Food. Start on 4 to 5 Medium Bananas and one liter of pasteurized cow milk. Divide this food in three or four parts. Continue for nine days. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected weight Loss, Nil)
Other parts of the Therapy, (For all four sections):
- Take fresh water Enema every day. (Arrangement available at the Charming Yoga Center). Alternatively, buy the kit from the center and take enema at home- Training is provided free. For those who cannot take enema, take a big cup of Spinach soup every day. Though less effective, it is the best alternative.
- Under no circumstances, consume any fried food, or spicy food.
- Do not eat any so called Phalahri foods prepared from Kattu, Singhara/Rajgira Atta, Saboodana etc. Do not eat sweets made from milk or above mentioned attas.
- Drink lots of water. Total fluid intake should be about 3 liters per day.
- Do not stop your Normal Exercises or other Physical activities. Those who devote long hours on Pujas etc., and find no time for exercise, should add 40 minutes of walking every day.
- Those who chant sacred texts like Chandi Path or Durga Shapt Shati etc., sometimes feel drowsy during the chanting. They may, therefore, do their chanting along with walking. This will help chanting without getting drowsy. As a bonus, they will be bestowed with a healthier body.
- Those who cannot follow the whole course may do so for lesser number of days and increase gradually in subsequent Navaratry periods.
- The first timers and others should remain in a positive mood.
- Keep away from discouraging words and worried long faces.
These steps will definitely improve the immunity levels. And better immunity will help everyone remain healthy and active.
Let Maa Durga bestow good health upon all the readers.
- The winter is now gone.
- Vasant the king of all seasons is here.
- Be careful of Mosquito which are now already visible.
- Although the peak season of fruits and vegetables is going some summer fruits will replace them soon.
- Grapes are already here. Kinnows and Oranges are in plenty. The humble Melons and Water Melons are also ready to appear.
- Even the Ber is a fruit, full of nutrients. Do not ignore it.
- Bati is a popular food item in west Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. In eastern India its other version, Litti is equally popular.
- In the past bati was baked upon half burnt cow dung cakes.
- It was a cumbersome process. Therefore though popular, it was a rarity.
- It can now be made in a much easier way.
- Prepare hard Dough from whole wheat atta and roll in round balls of the size of big lemons.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
- Then grill them in an oven till the colour changes to slight brown. Frequent turning them during baking is very important so that baties are evenly baked all around.
- For those who can eat fats may break the bati and sink it in ghee. Others can just roll them in ghee without breaking.
- Eat with any dal of choice.
- It is also possible to stuff the baties with mashed Potato, or Paneer, or Tofu etc.
- Baties can also be finely crushed and mixed with Gur and ghee.
- Prepared this way, baties are not only delicious but are also very healthy.
- Some people fry the dough balls. This must be avoided because frying destroys all nutritional values of wheat, otherwise available in Baties.
ADOPT NATUROPATHY FOR PERPETUAL GOOD HEALTH
IMPORTANT NOTE: This News Letter is being sent to you free of any cost or obligation. If you feel that your Friends/Relatives/Neighbors etc. can benefit from this News Letter, kindly provide their E-Mail addresses. If however you feel that this is an unnecessary encroachment upon your inbox, you can send a mail to the editor and it will be stopped.
Physical exercise is one of the tried and tested ways to have a glowing skin such as running jogging or yoga sweat it out at least five times a week. Sweat removes harmful toxins from the body. Exercise not only flushes out toxins but also produces natural oils that helps skin to look supple and young
My age is 26 years and I am diabetic since 1 year. Although it's in control now. After marriage. Will it affect my sex life and more importantly will it have affect over my baby child while in womb and after Birth and during baby life?
My wife is 21 year old and taking dose of 1500 mg levera tablets (500 mg in day 1000 mg in night )everyday since last one and half year. Now we are planning for baby. Is it safe use of these tablets during pregnancy or it has some side effect on child/mother during pregnancy. Please guide us we are very much anxious.
Hello Doctor, My wife two and half month pregnant. From two days onwards she is getting breeding (white.
Hi , I am 36 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby having RH -ve and my husband RH ve . Gyne have given me anti D dose during 32nd week. Now Gyne is saying that I should not wait for delivery till 40th week. She wants me to deliver in 38th (/-) week by inducing. Please suggest whether I should go with her advice or wait for natural labor. Please help with your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.
I suffer with sever pain during my menstrual. Neither I have thyroid nor pcod still this happens. Tried homeopathy allopathy and ayurveda as well but no results. What should I do?
What is betel nut?
- Betel nut is the seed of a type of palm tree.
- It has a long history of being the being chewed for its mood-enhancing effects in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
- Modern research shows many health risks associated with its use, including oral cancer, an incurable jaw disorder, and reproductive issues.
A deep red or purple smile is a common sight in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
But what’s behind it?This red residue is the telltale sign of the betel nut, which is chewed by millions of people across the globe. In its most basic form, betel nut is a seed of the Areca catechu, a type of palm tree. It’s commonly chewed after being ground up or sliced and wrapped in leaves of the Piper betel vine that have been coated with lime. This is known as a betel quid. Tobacco or flavorful spices may also be added.
History of a habit
Betel nut has a long history in South and Southeast Asia and the Pacific Basin. In Guam and other Pacific islands, its use can be traced back as far as 2,000 years. A habit passed down through generations, chewing betel nut is a time-honored custom for 10–20 percent of the world’s population. Today, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that around 600 million people use some form of betel nut. It is one of the most popular psychoactive substances in the world, in fourth place after nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. But while betel nut is an important cultural and social tradition in many countries, growing evidence points to serious health effects from regular use.
Oral cancer and other dangers
A study reports that betel nut users are at a higher risk for oral submucous fibrosis. This incurable condition can cause stiffness in the mouth and eventually the loss of jaw movement. Regular chewing of betel nut can also cause gum irritation and tooth decay. Teeth may become permanently stained deep red or even black.Betel nut may interact with other drugs or herbal supplements. It could cause toxic reactions in the body or reduce the effects of medications.
Medical conditions associated with betel nut use with tobacco:
- oral submucous fibrosis
- oral cancer
- reproductive issues, including low birth weight in newborns