Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have taken susten200 for five days for my periods. Stil I dnt get periods and today is fifth day that I have stoped susten200.
After baby my weight loss, before marriage my weight 45, I cant understand what should I do. Gain weight easy, I am eating non veg and fat food, infect I consulted doctor she told me drink beer I ll drink but no effect my body, please help me.
My wife and I could not conceive for over a year now. We have a eight year old daughter. I have normal sex life. What test can I get to see if all is well.
My wife got chicken pox during 2 months of pregnancy what precautions do we follow please suggest shall we proceed forward or not.
Hi I am 34 years female, doing follicular scan without any medicines my 15th day follicle size is 18×13mm is that ok that too only in right ovary. Will I get conceived this time?
Iam a 24 year girl. I had pcos detected 6 months back. Is there any chance of reoccurance of pcos because of stress and tension?
I am 28 years old female have headache indifferent time, doctor said migarin, what treatment of migration. From last Three months the period are disorder what reasons I don't know?
Sex done on 7th day of period. After that Normal Period occurs in exact date. Can pregnancy possible?
My periods are not getting stopped from 2 months. All test are normal? Please advice me what to doo?
Can we expect the pregnancy even after two periods. And four negative home pregnancy tests. I took ipill a month ago and tge periods in previous month was delayed for 2 weeks and this month my cycle is regular as usual. I did took 4 urine home pregnancy tests each with a weeks gap. Please advice can there be still any chances of pregnancy?
Hi. M having a bit spotting of 2 drops blood on 29 dec. I have not hv period yet but it happened last month on 2nd. Last time that I got sexually active was on 25 nov. I had to use emergency contraceptive. I had my regular period after that on 2nd December. What may b the reason. M stressed.
My friend didn't had her menstrual cycle. And she is not pregnant also. She did her pregnancy test also. Her dates are to be 10th but nothing happened yet. Wat should we do?
Always bend your knees and your hips, not your back.
Maintain a good posture. Avoid slumping in your chair, hunching over a desk or walking with your shoulders hunched.
Use a chair with a backrest. Sit with your feet flat on the floor or on a footrest. Change how you sit every few minutes
The moment you realize that you are going to be a mummy a lot of people start advising about healthy eating. What exactly is a healthy plan for pregnant women? It is very important for the mother to eat a balanced diet. Aiming to eat a healthy and balanced pregnancy diet that includes- one third of most meals should be starch-based foods (such as cereals, potatoes, rice, and wheat pasta), with fruit and vegetables. Keeping it fiber rich, good sources are wholegrain breads as well as fruit and vegetables. Eat some protein foods such as fish, pulses, chicken, etc, every day. Choose lean meat. Try to avoid adding fat - for example, by not frying food. A total weight gain of 11-16 kg over the pregnancy is normal.
Include Foods with plenty of Iron, Calcium and Folic acid -
- Iron is mainly found in non vegetarian sources, pulses, dried fruit, green leafy vegetables, soybeans and fortified cereals.
- Calcium is mainly found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yoghurt, green leafy vegetables, soybean and seeds.
- Folic acid is mainly found in green vegetables, brown rice, and fortified cereals.
- Fish- in general, fish is a good source of protein and other nutrients. However, there are some important exceptions. Some types of fish contain a high level of mercury which can damage the developing nervous system of an unborn baby. Because of this, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) advises: Not to include eat any marlin or swordfish. Limit tuna - eat no more than 140 g or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
- Oily fish, includes- mackerel, sardines, salmon, trout and fresh tuna- not more than two helpings in a week.
- Foods and drinks to be avoided
- Food sources high in Listeria. Listeria is a germ (bacterium). Pregnant women are more likely to become infected with listeria and it sometimes causes complications. Foods which are most at risk of carrying listeria are: Undercooked meats and eggs, raw shellfish and raw fish and unpasteurized milk.
- Limit the amount of Caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day.
It is recommended that you visit a nutrition expert who can understand your daily requirements and activities and suggest a nutrition diet plan as per the same. The expert shall also consider your medical history and understand if you have a tendency to put on weight. A comprehensive pregnancy diet plan helps a woman relive stress and the right balance of antioxidants helps balance the body.
I am suffering from PCOD. The doctors detected it in 2014 and then I was put on medication. After my medicines finished, I could feel the change. But now again the symptoms have started showing. I am quite over weight too. Can this be a reason? I am worried that this might affect my fertility as well. What should I be doing to get rid of this problem forever.
I want to know about symptoms of sexual transmitted diseases. Please help me? Can it be treated successfully?
Metabolic syndrome: Causes and symptoms
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be,
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men