Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shrikant Kaushik
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant KaushikYour feedback matters!
It was a good experience with Dr kaushik
I am suffering from neckache and headache for 5-6 days. I sit in front of laptop for 7 hours. What should I do to cure this?
I am 10 weeks past open reduction internal fixation of grade 6 tibia plateau fracture. 2 plates and 11 screws are used. My problem is that I find now my foot toeing in by 45 deg. Due twist in tibia and lot of pain in distal tibial joint which was not injured at all.
Hello doctor. I am feeling my numbness in my ears from last two days. What should I do? and having some sensations in my palm also.
Hello sir, I'm 26 years old, I am suffering from lot of back pain since 2 months It will be very much when I wake up in the morning and evening when I come back from office to home I feel pain in my lower back and it raises while travelling I tried some balms but it didn't cure completely so please tell me what should I do.
Hello doctor, good morning when I was going in the road my legs always pain only one leg and I had consult a doctor he advised me for walking 10 km every day. And some medicine proscribed but I can't walk give me a suitable information what should be I have done OK thank you.
I have persistent pain in my right wrist hand from past 5 months. I had met doctors and took medicine but yet not got any relief. I had x-ray done also but there was nothing in it as doctor said. What should I do.
My relative has diabetes some times his left leg pains a lot does it mean his diabetes has shot up what is the preventive measures he should take.
Sometimes there is a lot of pain in the back of my head. This happens only once in a month or two. When it hurts, I do not even understand anything. I do not know how to walk.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!