Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shri Balaji
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shri BalajiYour feedback matters!
Dr. I was supposed to get my menstrual on 28th jain now today is 3rd Feb I have checked once by pregnancy kit also but it is showing a single line so what is the reason I m not getting the problem so please help me out.
Indian diet plan for mother after cesarean delivery is made after considering the following points. The menu for a mother after a c-section is planned after taking in to consideration the needs of the mother and the child. The meals should consist of the following nutrients
Eating a protein rich diet is a great way of healing the tissues and it is very important for the healthy growth of your baby. Proteins also help in maintaining the muscles after the surgery. Eggs supply zinc and proteins to your body. Fish is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your health.
Vitamins should be taken in sufficient quantity since they contain lot of antioxidants which help in repairing tissues. It also helps in producing collagen in the body which helps to build new scar tissues, tendons and skin.
The mother loses a lot of blood during and after childbirth and thus the iron reserve in the body needs to be replenished. Lack of iron can make you weak and lethargic. Eat foods that are rich in iron. Take care not to eat excess quantities of iron since it can lead to constipation.
Calcium helps in relaxing the muscles, promoting bone and teeth health, in blood coagulation and in preventing osteoporosis. Milk should be had sparingly since it is a very good source of calcium and facilitates the production of milk for the baby. Yogurt is another way to supply calcium to your body. Yogurt also contains zinc and the most advantageous thing about it is that it can be consumed with a variety of dishes.
Sources of calcium – the mother should include milk, cheese, yoghurt, spinach, kale and tofu to supplement the intake of calcium.
Fiber is required so that you do not suffer from constipation. Constipation can put undue pressure on the wounds. Fibrous fruits are not only very nutritious, but they also help to avoid constipation.
Sources of fiber – eat lots of raw vegetables and fruits as salad in order to add roughage to your diet.
Water and fluids:
Breastfeeding can make you exhausted and thirsty. The mother should take plenty of fluids in order to ease bowel movements and to produce sufficient quantity of milk for the little one. You can drink low-fat milk since it is easier to digest. Take special care to avoid caffeine. Caffeinated drinks include cold drinks, coffee, energy drinks, tea, carbonated drinks.
Sources of fluids – Non-citrus fruit juices, soups, coconut water, herbal teas and buttermilk. Green teas are allowed too if you consume the decaffeinated ones.
Foods that increase milk production in lactating mother:
Garlic (lehsun), fenugreek leaves and seeds (methi), fennel seeds (saunf), cumin seeds (jeera), sesame seeds (til), almonds (badaam), bottlegourd (lauki), ridge gourd (torui), spinach (palak), orange lentils (masoor dal), oats and daliya.
Foods to avoid after c-section:
- The activity level is low after delivery since you are advised to rest. Avoid all fatty foods and junk foods. These will only add on to the weight. Avoid eating spicy foods since they can cause gastric trouble. Your baby might also get the flavor in his milk.
- Citrus juices and carbonated drinks should be kept at bay since they can cause flatulence and gas.
- Caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee should be taken in moderation only since these are diuretics. These drinks are high in caffeine and can cause problems in your baby’s growth.
- It is better to stay away from alcohol as it can impair the mother’s ability to breast feed and can cause developmental problems in the baby.
- Avoid gas forming foods like urad dals, chola, rajma, chawali, channa, besan, pickles, green peas, dry peas. Vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, bhindi, broccholi, onions are better avoided for the first 40 days. Later on, they can be introduced in the mother’s diet slowly.
- Avoid any sort of fried food. They are very difficult to digest in the first 40 days and can lead to gas and stomach ache and burns.
- Avoid ghee and rice for the first 3-4 day after c- section. After 4 days you can start eating rice once a day. Unlike the myth that says you should not eat rice as the scar will not heal. This is true in case if the mother is diabetic, as high blood sugar levels will interfere in healing of scar, but for a non – diabetic average indian women this does not hold true.
- Very cold food and drinks. This restriction is imposed on mother just for precaution. If the mother catches cold, treatment becomes hard if she is breastfeeding. The medications are excreted in breast milk and the baby’s health gets affected too.
Hi, My last period date is 28th and I am taking duphaston two times in a day from 14th for 10 days. Now please tell when I can check my pregnant test?
Can intercourse on 5th day of period, with only slight contact of genitals, after the partner has orgasmed and wiped it off clean, can create a risk of pregnancy? I'd wiped my genital from water too afterwards. Can spotting after IPill means withdrawal bleeding, eliminating the risk of pregnancy? I've never had intercourse, thereby my hymen is still intact? The slight intercourse happened on 5th day of period. I was no longer bleeding by the night. Only in the morning there was light bleeding. I had the IPill in 36 hours, to eliminate the risk. I had my periods on 23 Jan. After IPill, I spotted for 2-3 days around '15 Feb. Then again, around 25 Feb. No regular/proper bleeding in February though. Should I do the UPT? I don't have any nausea, vomiting or cramps. I've also read that most times UPT comes out negative and missing a period after IPill is common? And spotting could mean withdrawal bleeding as an effect of Pill? Should my next period be counted from the date of such spotting? Should I meet a gynaecologist? Would she make me do the UPT herself or prescribe a pill like Mental Forte or Deviry? I'm meanwhile thinking of consuming Papaya to induce periods naturally, as I highly believe I can't be pregnant. I can wait it out to see if I get periods in March. But how long I'll be in the safe zone to abort pregnancy, if at all that happens? 6 weeks? Will it be non invasive and non surgical? Though, off late, I've been under tremendous stress from a death in the family. Fever, cold and frequent urination has followed the stress. Since I also have a mild rectocele pressing on vagina and bladder, the frequent urination (20 times one night from 12: 30 AM - 5 AM) can be a result of that too. Please suggest how do I approach this.
I am 27-year-old female with pcod and high prolactin level. My periods come around 31-35 days monthly. We are planning to conceive. What should I do to conceive sooner.
If you have had implantation failure, we can help you
It is a state-of-the-art diagnostic method, to evaluate ,from a molecular point of view, the status of the endometrial receptivity.
ERA indicates the window of implantation (WOI), increasing your chances of successful transferThe endometrial receptivity is the status in which the endometrium is ready for embryo implantation to take place. This occurs around days 19-21 in each menstrual cycle of a fertile woman. Until now, the only study done on the endometrium was an ultrasound scan, and there was not analysis method available to help doctors in their clinical practice.
Now, during the process to treat an infertile couple, the ERA test (Endometrial Receptivity Array) leads to the evaluation, at molecular level, of the endometrial factor. This molecular tool allows us to diagnose whether the endometrium is receptive or not by analysing the expression of a group of genes related to endometrial receptivity. For that, an endometrial biopsy must be performed at P+5 (hormone replacement therapy cycle) or at LH+7 (natural cycle), and after its shipment to our installation, the expression of 238 genes is analyzed. According with these expression values, the endometrium is classified as receptive or non receptive by a computational predictor.
Fungal infection in the nails, otherwise called onychomycosis, is a frequently seen issue. Side effects include irritation, swelling, yellowing, thickening or itching of the nail. It is normally not painful, unless the infection spreads further.
The fungal infection has a tendency to occur under specific conditions, like unusual pH levels of the skin, a weak immune system, nonstop introduction to a damp surrounding including sweat-soaked shoes and socks, poor cleanliness and diabetes.
In case if left untreated, fungal infection in the nails can bring about breakage and even total loss of the nails. The good news is that the bacteria present inside the nails is reparable and can be dealt with reasonably. Various common home cures can cure the infection in a couple of weeks. These are as follows:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is somewhat acidic and can keep fungus from spreading. In the meantime, it eliminates the bacteria and parasites.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has germ-free and antifungal properties that help to a considerable measure in the treatment of fungal growth. This oil is likewise used to treat different sorts of skin infections.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is readily accessible in many kitchens and can be utilized to cure the fungal growth. It will also kill the foul smell.
- White Vinegar: White vinegar is one of the best remedies for treating toenail fungus since it battles the infection and reestablishes the skin's pH levels.
- Oregano oil: Oregano oil has germ-free, antibacterial, antiparasitic, antiviral, pain relieving and antifungal properties. This makes oregano oil a powerful treatment for fungal infections.
- Listerine Mouthwash: Listerine mouthwash, which eliminates microbes and germs in the mouth, can likewise be utilized to treat the fungus. The mouthwash has a few mixes and liquor that act as a solid germicide to keep away destructive bacteria and organisms.
- Garlic: Garlic contains compounds like allicin and ajoene, which have antifungal properties that can treat toenail fungus.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has both sterile and antifungal properties. The citrus extract in lemon squeeze likewise will prevent the fungal growth from spreading.
- Lavender Oil: Lavender oil has a few unpredictable mixes and germ-free properties that can battle any sort of contamination and forestall skin swelling.cff440c9fc5b002eff290fd90f66269f
- Orange Oil: Orange oil additionally has antifungal properties, and along can be utilized to treat contaminated toenails. Orange oil can bring about hypersensitive responses and can have reactions, so it is important to test some orange oil on a little spot of skin before using it as a cure.
- Coconut Oil: Unsaturated fats, like for example, the ones discovered in coconut oil, normally embed themselves in the lipid (fat) layer of the infected area and bother it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!