Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shri BalajiYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old and have given birth to a baby boy. I want to ask the question relating about postnatal bleeding. I had postnatal bleeding for 25 days and it got stopped for 8 days and again started and it's 5th day now and am getting excess bleeding along with blood clots. Is it normal?
Iam 30 yrs old female before 2 month I got married my first obotation is over is there any chance get second conceive.
I am 16 year old. I am in relationship with a classmate. We have sex regularly. My boyfriend does not want to use condom. I am very worried because my perîod is late. 1 week. I am scared. I do not know what to do. Please tell me what to do. I can not tell anyone.
I am suffering from pcod from last 8 years but still I m not recover from this pcod, I am taking metafarmin 850 and also a hypothroyid patient tsh and taking thrynorm 75, and my weight is 68, and height 5, 4. Please suggest any pefect way to forever for pcod ?
Is aloe vera juice beneficial during pregnancy? My wife is in 5th month. Also my wife has positive result of Hepatitis 'B'should we start treatment in between pregnancy or wait for delivery?
Meri friend ne sex kia 31st ko per ab uske stomach me pain ho rha hai or vomiting bhi hui 3 august ko or ab headache bhi ho rha hai and uski date 12 ko aati hai toh hum kya kre date tak ka wait kre yaa fir aap aise koi medicine bta do ki jis se date time se ho jaye or pregnancy ka koi dar naa ho please.
Is it Ok if we can have sex by giving anesthesia to my wife, she has suggested bcaz pain during sex (vaginismus) pls suggest anesthesia We tried lox 2% but it doesn't work.
I am 24 years of age. I face issues of white discharge on daily basis. I want to know the permanent cure of this? Is it possible to cure it permanently through Ayurveda?
Doctor I had sex with my boyfriend in July and we didn't use condom and I attempted 2 periods do I wil become pregnant and do my boyfriend and me get infected or not what happens after doing sex my DNA change please say me in detail doctor it's my request.
Known as a body-healing fruit, watermelon is full of amazing health benefits, especially during the summer season. Because clearly, it is the best time to indulge in this fresh, succulent melon, as it has to offer an array of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. The fruit is incredibly hydrating, with up to 92 per cent water content, making it naturally low in fat.
If you eat watermelon on a daily basis, it can improve your cardiovascular health and protect your eyes and immune system.
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
Symptoms of diabetes
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in Homeopathy will help the patients get relief.