Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shresht Khandpur
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shresht KhandpurYour feedback matters!
What should I do for my mouth smell? Normally I use emoform and closeup paste's twice a day. Please suggest.
Hormonal changes over women's lifespan can lead to increased risk for various types of gum diseases and tooth decay. In a nutshell:
Puberty: Increased production of progesterone and estrogen levels lead to swelling and bleeding of the gums during brushing and flossing.
Pregnancy: Increased levels of progesterone leads to pregnancy gingivitis esp. During second trimester. Increased plaque accumulation and lowered fighting mechanism of body to bacterias leads to pregnancy granuloma in severe cases.
Menopause: Age specific medications coupled with hormonal changes lead to dry mouth which in turn increases the chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
Tips for a healthy smile:
- Eat a well balanced diet
- Brush and floss twice a day and rinse after every meal
- Visit the dentist twice a year
- Take good care of yourself and your oral health. You can visit our clinic for any assistance.
Happy to serve you. Keep smiling!
My left wisdom teeth got tilted while eating hard candy. It does not causing me any pain. Can it be straighten? Is anything to be cautious about?
Gum diseases affect the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth. It is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). Also, if many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
Symptoms of gum disease:
How to prevent gum disease from happening?
- Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them.
- Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
- Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases.
- Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene.
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.