Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shravan Kumar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shravan KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from indigestion with stomach pain, more gastritis and unexplained weight loss with repeated typhoid fever. Unable to sleep properly recently endoscopic test showed h pylori positive with erosive gastritis.
Mujhe 98% haemoglobin jaanch me nikla jiska value (14) hai to kya mujhe anaemia ho sakta hai ya nhi?
These are the health tips for achieving #healthy#heart.
- avoid #smoking.
- cut down on #salt.
- limit your intake of #alcohol.
- be physically #active.
- monitor your #bp, #blood #sugar #cholesterol.
- manage your #stress #level.
- check your #family histroy for #cardiac#problems
- #maintain a #healthy #weight.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Infants often suffer from certain diseases which need proper care and timely treatment for quick recovery. At times, it can be difficult to communicate with an infant and understand his/her needs and problems but with a close observation you will surely be able to detect any alteration in the baby's behavior and sense it when he/she is ill. Here are some of the most common diseases infants are susceptible to and what you can do about them.
1. Abdominal distension
It is normal for a baby's belly to stick out after he/she has been fed, but if between feedings there is swelling in the abdomen or it feels hard, it can be an indication of a problem. If this symptom is accompanied by vomiting and absence of bowel movements for more than two days, your baby may be suffering from abdominal distention. This condition may have been caused by swallowing of extra air by the baby while crying or feeding. In such a situation, a pediatrician should be consulted for proper diagnosis and treatment.
It is common among newborns to develop mild forms of jaundice as the undeveloped liver is often not able to eliminate the chemical bilirubin from the blood. Mostly, this situation proves to be harmless till the level of bilirubin reaches a certain limit. After that, the disease must be properly treated to avoid damage to the baby's brain or nervous system.
3. Rsv infection
Rsv or respiratory syncytial virus is responsible for causing respiratory problems among infants. Rsv infection usually affects the bronchial passage and shows symptoms like cough, runny nose and mild fever which may even lead to bronchitis. Moreover, this infection may also develop into viral pneumonia, which makes it more important to consult a pediatrician if your baby shows any of the above symptoms.
Infants are susceptible to watery bowel movements due to the action of virus, allergens, specific medications or bacteria. If you observe that your baby is passing stools more often than usual and it is watery, then it may be a case of diarrhea. Sometimes, these symptoms are accompanied by high fever, abdominal pain, lethargy, vomiting, dry eyes and mouth etc. In this situation you should consult your pediatrician and focus on replacing the fluids your baby has lost, to prevent dehydration.