Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shokat AliYour feedback matters!
My 20 year old daughter was found to have high BP for the past 5 months since April 2016 - 140/100 I checked her previous records and found BP to be normal (120/70) till Feb 2016. Already checked 24 hour urine test, scan and echo - all normal. So it has been diagnosed as primary and doctor wants to start calcium blocker. But I am concerned about the root cause due to such a young age. Please advise.
I am TB patient and consuming ciggrete. Is there is direct connection bw TB and ciggrete. Can TB get worst by it?
I am 28 years male. I am having heartburn, stomach burn, excessive heat in body, flatulence, burping from last 10 days. There is a heaviness in my abdomen. I do not smoke or drink alcohol. Is there any problem with my lever or it is acidity or something else, please suggest. Should I go through LFT test or something for this. Is there any medications should I have take for this problem?
I am 42 years old female. From past few days I Hv genital itching. What may be the reason and how do I deal with it.
I am a married men and I am suffering from quick fall. I cannot stand for long time with my wife. Help me out.
I masturbate to much some time before almost daily for a twice week so shall this effect my future sex Life. If yes how can I cure it.
Sir I have frequently have ulcers in my mouth specially on lips. please tell me how to get relief from them.
I have hemorrhoids since I gave birth my first baby three years back. Earlier it was normal. Now outgrowth s pains a lot. What should I do?
I've Headache, body Ache, may be due to sitting in front of laptop for hours. I am a Software consultant. Please suggest.
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, no matter which culture you belong to. The age old saying goes that you should have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Let's look at some of the menu items, which are not considered ideal for breakfast menus on a regular basis along with a few others which are.
Some of the unhealthiest breakfast foods:
- Chole bhatture or oily pooris: These are favorite items within Indian breakfast menus. However, they are full of oil and saturated fats. Apart from contributing to diabetes and blood pressure, bloating, acidity, and heartburn are also common side effects.
- Pakoras, samosas or kachoris: Common items which are included in many breakfast and snack menus, these oily fries are major contributors to bad cholesterol, reduce good cholesterol and is are major contributors to obesity.
- Sugary cereals: While plain corn flakes are good, sugary cereals have processed sugar and are a no-no for breakfast items as they could cause elevated blood glucose levels and thus cause a host of problems.
- Medu vada: While having a medu vada once or twice is alright, having it as a daily breakfast item will add a lot of oil to your diet and so, should be avoided.
- Bakery items: Many bakery items such as doughnut, Tiffin cakes, and sweet breads usually tend to have a lot of processed sugar, refined flour and additives which can be harmful to your health.
Some healthy breakfast foods:
- Idli: This is a staple breakfast item in southern India and is very healthy as it is prepared by steaming rice mixes. However, reduce spicy chutneys or side dishes while consuming idlis as they can be quite bad for health.
- Upma: Another export of the south, upma is now loved all over India and the world. Made with suji or rawa and very little oil, this is a great and filling breakfast alternative.
- Poha or Chivra pulao: Made from flattened rice flakes, poha, also known as chivda pulao, is a great healthy alternative and should be incorporated in breakfast diets.
- Indian veg sandwiches: As long as the bread is whole wheat, this is a very healthy option as it is usually made with vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers and potatoes and also has chutney as the dressing.
- Dosa: Another great option from southern India, this is a great breakfast food if the sambar and accompanying dishes are cooked in less oil and have fewer spices.
- Khakra: This dish which comes from Gujarat is also a great breakfast item and can also become a low calorie snack for cravings in between meals.