Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhitYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
Cochlear Implant Surgery
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen.
Hi, My son is 2.5 month old. He looks at my face sometimes. He usually looks all around and even if I keep talking he doesn't look at me. He doesn't turn towards d sound. But he reacts to sound. He stops all his activities and listen to sounds. I am worried why he doesn't look at People faces when we talk. Is this normal for 2.5 old kid.
Mera baby bottle Ni leta h wo 4 months ka hai kbi to bottle se feed krlta h but kbi to leta hi Ni. Hme usko long time tk hungry rhkna pdta h. aap koi easy way btaye kaise mai usko feed du jise wo easily drink krle.
For 5year old kid..anti biotic is suitable incase he's having stuffy nose,lot of cough,frequent fever,congestion..?
I have problem in concentration while reading and Listening. Also at work I forget many things, of course I have to multitask in office but like others I too don't want to forget things. Regarding this office work actually I am not happy doing job here and I want to leave this, I am frustrated here So, that may be a case I am not remembering little things . But the concentration problem is there with me, and I have searched on net regarding this there is something called ADHD. Please tell me what problem I have and how to deal with it? Thanks
My daughter aarushi she is 1 year and 5 months old, today after breast feeding she vomit 3 more times with light fever (99.4f). What should i do?
After delivering a baby on November 12,2015 my wife is suffering from cardiomyopathy as it was diagnosed by Dr. in the month of January, her initial EVF is 28% after taking medicine her EVF improved to40% but this time observed in reports her EVF is 38%.just wanted to understand why it Flickr. One more thing her weight also reduces to 46 kg from 52 kg ,bp is 110/60 and from 2- 3 days she is sneezing. Need to understand this behavior from subject experts, waiting for response.
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
Hello My son is 4 yrs. He is suffering from abdominal pain since Saturday night. Doctor gave an antibiotic and pain killer. But no relief the pain infact got worse. Today we did ultrasound as suggested. Reports were not good. It says following suggested findings: Ileo ileal intussusception Mesenteric lymphadenopathy Cystitis I don't know what it is actually and consulted few docs. Some says surgery would be required whereas some says surgery not required. doesn't vomit, stool is good too. The only problem is pain. Please suggest I want to wait for few days if he improves with medicines only. Right now he is taking Anafortan, zenflox plus and aristozyme. Doc today evening gave him a pain injection as well.
Sir I have a 5 months old baby girl, she is having little cough since last night. Should I give her ascoril ls drop. If yes please suggest me the dosage.
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? My 3½-year-old hasn’t taken a nap in quite a while, but seems to do OK.
My baby is becomming very thin day by day please suggest some nutritional baby food for 10 months old baby and what kind of food will be good for him
My 2.5 years old daughter suffering from Hydrocephalus. She treated with VP shunt at her age was 9 Months. But Now her head size is still bigger than normal. & Still She cannot sit herself properly & cannot stand. Her intelligency is also poor. So, Please suggest me what can I do for her for his best recovery.
My baby now 3 month old she having cough and sneezing. She sneeze that time sputum coming out what I do it is any problem.
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc