Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhitYour feedback matters!
My baby is of 2 months now. Due to insufficient breast milk I give her Nan pro formula milk as her feed. 3 times I feed her breast milk and 6 to 7 times I feed her formula milk. Why she have gas problem and secondly can I feed her with bottle during giving her the formula milk?
My daughter is 2 and half year old, she eat very less her weight is only 11 kg, what can we do so that she eat something. She not even takes medicine if we try to give medicine she do the vomiting.
I am having two sons, one is 11 years and another 7 months. What should I do/feed for their sharp brain in education. Secondly, my elder son is very thin, he takes a little amount of food whenever eats. What should I do for increasing his food amount? please advice me accordingly.
Here are a few questions which every new mother wants to know when they see a diaper rash:
1. Should the baby's diet be changed during a diaper rash?
Certain food items such as fruit juices can lead to diarrhea in babies. This can lead to a diaper rash. When new food is introduced or antibiotics are given, then that might also affect the digestion of the baby.
2. Are teething and diaper rash related?
As per dermatologists, the two have nothing in common though they might occur at the same time.
3. Which ointment should be used for a diaper rash?
Ointments that contain zinc oxide can provide relief from diaper rash. A thick layer should be applied on the skin to keep away irritants as if all of it is rubbed off then it might cause pain.
4. Can cloth diapers be an alternative?
The fact is that there is no proof that a cloth diaper might be better than the other diaper in case of a rash. In case, disposable diapers are used, then care should be taken to change them frequently as rashes can occur due to a moist environment. If the baby is allergic to a particular brand, then changing the same could prove to be helpful. Diapers induced with fragrances and dyes can cause allergic reactions. Babies who are allergic to disposable diapers, can do better with cloth ones, though they should be changed frequently. The rule is one diaper per hour, so the needful should be done.
5. What type of wipes are best for the baby in case of a sore bottom?
In case of a diaper rash a mild, fragrance free wipe should be used. Wipes which are labeled as hypoallergenic or for sensitive skin should be used. If the baby poops then he or she must be cleaned with a cloth and water and later some mineral oil should be applied to the baby's bottom.
6. What should be done if nappy rash extends to the other parts?
In case there are red spots and patches outside the nappy area, then the baby might be suffering from infection. If this happens then consult your doctor.
7. What should be done to give relief to the baby?
The best thing to do is that the baby's bottom should get some air. Leave the baby without a diaper, as this gives his skin a break from the rubbing, and germs which might be present in wet places like a diaper. Application of the cream with zinc oxide, provides relief to a baby.
8. How long does the rash last?
Maximum 3 days.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
Meri daughter wo 5+ ki hai pr bahut weak hai sab, khati hai pr growth bilkul nahi hai, weight 10 kg, hai. please ap koi tonic bataye.
My cousion is suffering from loose motion for one week and he is only 8months old. Some says loose motion is due to coming of teeth can I get better explanation.
Sir, I have 4 1/2 month baby, his birth wt was 3kg. Last month his wt was 6. 1 kg. But now he weighs only abt 6. 5. I prefer only breast milk my doctor prescribe him to improve his wt by giving first foods wheat. Can I continue with I need a second opinion for it
My 4 month baby has so active and less sleep for last month but now she has sleepy mode then playing less due to her sleepy mode. Now she refused milk it is not large amount but little bit. Is it normal?
My baby is 22 months old. Her diet is too less. She eats one time meal. Now she has viral fever and eating only one bite chocolate a day. That is it. She's losing weight drastically. Please suggest some med to increase her diet. Not only during fever but generally.
My son is born with microtia one ear had not completely developed outside his age is 2.5 years now can you guide me whom should I meet and what the best age to start treatment he can hear clearly.
My baby daughter is 4 months old. She is underweight. What all can I give her to feed other than mothers milk? Like orange juice grapes juice? Please help.
Dear doctor. My son having respiratory prob. He is 8 months. He did't take any food. Only taking mother feed. Kindly advise to which type food I wll put to my child.
5 practical ways to boost your child's immunity
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.
Association are being confirmed between asthma and factor such as OBESITY,STRESS, VIRUSES INFECTION,ENVIRONMENTAL TOBACCO SMOKE and other environmental influences and DIET.There is also association between Asthma,Atopy and Allergic rhinitis.Obesity is strongly associated with Asthma.Protective effects are offered by breast feeding,even if mother has Asthma,farming,and possibly vitamin D supplimentation.
DR MOOL CHAND GUPTA