Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha KaulYour feedback matters!
I am 3 months pregnant and I have lot of pain in my lower back. What should I do? And please suggest a diet plan.
Pregnancy should not be considered a nine month journey, but a year long journey. Knowing that the first few weeks of pregnancy are the most vital to the development of the baby, a mother should be healthy and avoid any harmful activities and substances near the time of conception. The future health of a baby is decided even before conception. The baby'shealth depends on your preconception health. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy. Following these simple guidelines can help you prepare for pregnancy.
First lets talk about the healthy habits that should be followed:·
1. Exercise – Start exercising now. You have to decide dependingupon your present weight whether you want to lose weight, gain weight,build muscle, or improve lung capacity. Some good exercise options include walking, swimming, bicycling, and aerobics. Yoga is an excellent choice for exercise because it incorporates posture,breathing, and concentration techniques which will be beneficial for youduring labor.
2. Read – Get yourself educated and prepared by reading books on pregnancy and child birth.
3. Track your menstrual cycle – This is very important. Your doctor will ask you about your menstrual cycle, so you need to be prepared. Keeping track of your cycle will also help you track your ovulation and increase your chance of pregnancy.
4. Practice relaxation techniques – Relaxation can help minimize stress. Try yoga,meditation, or listening to soft relaxing music in a warm bath.
5. Get lots of sleep – Eight hours of sleep is recommended if you are trying to become pregnant. Adequate amounts of sleep can also help relieve stress and tension.
6. Eat healthy – Nutrition is vital to your health. The healthier you are the easier the pregnancy will be for you. Make sure that you are getting lots of vitamins in your diet, and start taking folic acid now. Studies have shown that folic acid (300-400mcg a day) can help reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken before conception. Just make sure to tell your health care provider about any supplements you are taking.
7. Up-to-DateVaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination againstrubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap ofat least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.·
8. Optimize your Medical Condition- If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medicalcondition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure andsugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug mayneed modifications.·
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts andcousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mentalretardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist todetermine which problems to look for and how to prevent it. ·
10. Visit your Doctor - Carry a record of your medical conditions, family history and achecklist of your queries. Get tested for Blood Group, Thalassemia, HIV,Thyroid Levels, and Blood Sugars.
Now lets see the habits that are harmful and should be completely avoided:
1. Smoking can cause low-birth weight babies, preterm deliveries, and 10% of all infant deaths. So quit smoking.
2. Drinking Alcohol – There is no safe amount of alcohol to consume while you are pregnant. Recreational drug use during periconception period can increase the chance of miscarriage, low birth-weight, premature births, developmental delays, and behavioral and learning problems.
3. Prescription Drugs – There are many prescription drugs that are teratogenic (cause birth defects). Talk with your healthcare provider about any and all prescription drugs you are taking.
4. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home that could be potentially teratogenic. For example, most studies show that the greatest risk of exposure to pesticides is during the first three to eight weeks of the first trimester when the neural tube( that gives rise to future brain and spinal cord development is occurring.) This is often before a woman knows she is pregnant.
5. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats Stress – Stress has been linked to delayed or missed periods which can cause difficulty tracking ovulation and getting pregnant.
6. Limit your amount of stress as much as possible. You may find it helpful to employ relaxation techniques or yoga to help moderate your stress level. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
7. Herbs – Most herbs and herbal remedies are not mandated by the FDA, and therefore,there is little to no research on the effect they have on pregnancy. Discuss any herbal or natural remedies you may be using with your healthcare provider.
8. Caffeine – Few studies have shown that there may be an increase in miscarriages among women who consume more than 200 mg (one 12oz cup of coffee) a day versus those who do not consume any caffeine.
At the end if you follow the above guidelines you can have relatively trouble free pregnancy and a healthy baby that every pregnant woman aspires for.
I am 19 years old. I had taken unwanted 72 on 30th oct pre semen slightly touched the condom. I had taken another unwanted 72 6th nov because condom broke during anal sex. On that day (6th nov) I have got withdrawal bleeding just for 9 hours and the amount is very very low. Is it just the side effect if that pill? Will I get this kind of bleeding very frequently? My periods date is 17th nov. When will I get my next periods? Will it bw too late or will I skip it? Am I safe from pregnancy? When will my periods be normal. Will this 2 pill in one cycle make a huge problems in my periods schedule?
Hello my period started november 24th 2017 it ended november 30th 2017 i m trying to conceive I started prenatal on november 20th when is im ovulating and how many days is my cycle.
I have hormonal issue so I take novelon tablet between 5 yrs. But this june after my period I start my novelon cycle late after 15 days thats why in june I have 2 time period. After end my tablet in july I have period. But same thing in july I take my tablet late again.in july after my period I started my tablet 26th july but I started my tablet 13 august thats why in july I also have 2 times of period. I started my tablet 13 august and end tablet 2nd september but in september I do not have my period becoz of june or july cycle was late. But in september I have my tablet cycle regular correct time after 7 days 8th of September end my tablet 28th september. After that I have my period 3rd october. Or in october I start my tablet cycle correctly 4th october thats was end 24 october. My next cycle start after 7 days 1st November that I take correctly for sure. But next month me and bf plan for sex. So my june or july novelon cycle was irregular thats why in November I do sex so any pregnancy risk are there. Becoz 13 august I take my novelon tablet regular.in october this is my 3rd regular cycle. And 1st november my 4th cycle was start. I plan sex 13th november to 17 november. Before my 4th cycle already started 1st november and take 13 days tablet already. So in November any pregnancy risk are there when I do sex or it is safe sex for me. Becoz I can not ready to conceive now. Becoz me and my bf get married after 1 year. So wo do safe sex and not ready to conceive. So please tell me it is safe sex for me.
Muje vagina k andar wale hole me fungus infection hogaya h. . White white SA kuch nikalta h.bhot jyada itching aur burning sensation SA hota h jb bhi me urinate karti hu. please doc suggest wat to do.
Sir she is pregnant &suffering from pregnancy diabetes .6 month ago she's lost her baby and then she is 4 months pregnant. So future me baby ki delivery normally ache se ho uske liye kya precaution kiye pls suggest.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, www.lybrate.com/treatment-for-healthy-diet, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Drugs like methika, karela, meshashringi etc. all anti-diabetic drugs as these drugs decreases tissue level peripheral insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia, which being the chief pathological sequence in PCOD.
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
My period is late by two weeks, and I have done pregnancy test also it was negative, my period date is 1 july but it not came and on 9 july there was brown discharge lightly, back pain is also to much, and abdominal pain is also little bit. Whats the reason of late period if pregnancy test is negative? Please help me.
I am 31 years old, had irregular periods I use to get acne I had treatment for acne, I am married now since 2 years I got sonography report I got cystic ovaries now what should I do, my doc said me I got cyst because of consumption of acne medicines.
Hello doctor from last 5 years I am diabetic my age is 33 yrs I came to know this when I conceive my first baby now the problem is that after having the baby for first year I was regular in checkups but now I am not going any where and taking insulin 20 in the morning and 20 in the evening want to consult a doctor what I have to do to give him that information before consulting him
कुछ लोगों के लिए वज़न बढ़ाना, वजन घटाने से भी ज़्यादा मुश्किल हो सकता है। कुछ लोगों के लिए वजन बढ़ाना मुश्किल होता है क्योंकि वे अधिक सक्रिय हैं, जबकि अन्य स्वाभाविक रूप से पतले हैं क्योंकि उनके पास छोटे ढांचे हैं और वे बड़े और मजबूत (एक्टोमोर्फ्स) होने के लिए नहीं बने हैं।
वज़न बढ़ाने के लिए आपको अपने शरीर की खपत की तुलना में अधिक कैलोरी खाने की जरूरत है। केवल आपके आहार में कुछ खाद्य पदार्थों को जोड़ना वजन बढ़ाने के लिए बहुत प्रभावी हो सकता है। लेकिन एक पूर्ण वजन बढ़ाने की विधि के लिए प्रशिक्षण और पोषण के साथ में स्थिरता की आवश्यकता होती है।
वजन बढ़ाने के तरीके:
कुछ अतिरिक्त, लेकिन स्वस्थ वजन जोड़ने के लिए इन सरल और आसान सुझाव और आहार का पालन करें:
1. अपने आहार में अधिक कैलोरी जोड़ें:
जैसे कि हम वजन कम करने के लिए कम कैलोरी वाले भोजन खाते हैं, ऐसे ही वज़न हासिल करने के लिए हमें उच्च कैलोरी वाला खाना खाने की ज़रूरत है। वजन बढ़ाने के लिए रोजाना लगभग 250-500 कैलोरी जोड़ें। ऐसे भोजन खाएं जैसे दाल, अनाज, मांस, रोटी, चावल आदि जो कैलोरी में समृद्ध हैं। फ्रेंच बीन्स, ब्रोकोली, गाजर, सलाद, पालक आदि जैसे अधिक सब्जियां खाएं। इसके अलावा, आप निम्नलिखित खाद्य पदार्थों का उपभोग कर सकते हैं:
- मूंगफली का मक्खन
- स्वस्थ अनाज
2. अधिक बार खाओ:
सिर्फ तीन बार खाने के बजाय रोजाना 5-6 बार भोजन करें। आपके खाने के 3 भारी भोजन के अलावा, अपने आहार में 2-3 हल्के भोजन जोड़ें। नाश्ते के लिए, आप नट्स, मेवे, डेयरी उत्पाद आदि का उपभोग कर सकते हैं। वजन बढ़ने के दौरान आप चॉकलेट, पेस्ट्री और अन्य मिठाई वस्तुओं के लिए अपनी तरस को पूरा कर सकते हैं। अक्सर खाने से, हर तीन से चार घंटे में, आपके शरीर को लगातार ऊर्जा स्तर बनाए रखने में मदद मिलती है।
3. अपने प्रोटीन का सेवन बढ़ाएं:
जबकि वजन बढ़ाने के लिए कैलोरी सबसे बुनियादी आवश्यकता होती है, प्रोटीन और कार्बोहाइड्रेट में समृद्ध, संतुलित आहार इस प्रक्रिया को बढ़ावा देने में मदद करता है। ट्यूना, अंडे, चिकन स्तन, चिकन जांघों, पनीर आदि जैसे खाद्य पदार्थों का उपभोग करें, जो प्रोटीन के समृद्ध स्रोत होते हैं। प्रोटीन आपको वज़न हासिल करने में मदद करता है, लेकिन फिट दिखने के साथ।
प्राचीन काल से, लोगों ने संपूर्ण स्वास्थ्य और फिटनेस को बनाए रखने के लिए योग पर भरोसा किया है। यह न केवल आपके शरीर को आकार में रखने में मदद करता है, बल्कि तनाव, चिंता, खराब चयापचय आदि जैसी स्थितियों से लड़ने में मदद करता है। योग भूख को सुधारने में भी मदद कर सकता है और आपके समग्र रूप को बनाए रखने में मदद कर सकता है। सर्वांगासन, पवनमुक्तासन, वज्रासन आदि योग उपयोगी हो सकते हैं।
5. तनाव को दूर करें और पर्याप्त नींद लें:
वजन बढ़ाने के आपके प्रयास में तनाव एक बड़ी रुकावट बन सकता है। तनाव और चिंता आपके खाने की आदतों, दिनचर्या, प्रयासों और साथ ही आपके स्वास्थ्य को प्रभावित कर सकती है। योग, संगीत, नृत्य सभी तनाव को कम करने के अच्छे तरीके हैं। आप श्वास-व्यायाम का प्रयास भी कर सकते हैं।
इसके अलावा, पोषण और शारीरिक गतिविधि की तरह, नींद आपके स्वास्थ्य और कल्याण का एक अनिवार्य निर्धारक है। नींद न केवल थकान को कम कर, आपको आराम दिलाती है, बल्कि यह आपके शरीर की मरम्मत और साथ ही निर्माण में भी मदद करती है।