Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha Jindal
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha JindalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
If you are in the process of considering a breast augmentation procedure, here is an insight into what you can expect. In general, or in the majority of the cases, the surgery encompasses three phases—consultation, operation, and then the most important part, recovery. In most cases, the breast augmentation is completed under general anesthesia where the patient remains asleep through the procedure.
How is the surgery performed?
The surgeon makes an incision in the crease under the breast or under an arm or around the nipple to separate the breast tissues from the connective tissues and the muscles of the chest. This enables the creation of a pocket-like structure behind or before the pectoral muscle. Then the implants are inserted in this pocket and centered behind the nipple.
What may happen after the breast augmentation procedure?
- Soreness and scars: After the surgery, some patients may suffer from soreness accompanied by swelling and bruising for around three weeks after the surgery. The scars tend to fade gradually with the passage of time even though a faint scar remains all through one’s life.
- Discomfort: Some may experience a slight or tolerable pain in the nipple after the surgery. In rare instances, patients undergo sharper, and burning pain with touch. A light massage can help ease the discomfort.
- Swelling: Some people report that their breasts feel firm after the surgery though this is a passing phenomenon. As the swelling subsides, the patients feel natural tenderness in the breasts within a short span of time.
- Things to take care during recovery: Sometimes, surgeons recommend wearing a compression bandage or sports bra for proffering extra support to the breasts and the implants. If there is a pain, then the patient is prescribed pain-relieving medications, as well. Though healing takes a long span of time, however, one can easily resume back to their daily activities within a week. It is advised not follow a strenuous job or continue with any strenuous workout for a few months or till complete recovery.
- Avoid strenuous activities: It is advised to sleep in a recliner for the first 2 days after the surgery, as this reduces the pain and swelling. Also, one should refrain or minimize the number of times one raises the hands above the head. It is advised to refrain from exercising or strenuous workouts for at least 3 to 4 weeks after the surgery.
The week following the surgery will be most difficult, and therefore, it is advised to complete all the important jobs before the surgery so that the body gets the required rest and recovers quickly.
As you can see, it is important to know and learn about the whole process before undergoing the surgery or deciding to undergo surgery so that you can make an informed decision and go about it systematically.
Living with large breast can be difficult, as they can cause pain in the neck, back and shoulders due to the sheer size. Thanks to advancement in the field of medicine, the problem has a solution, though. Breast reduction surgery is a surgical intervention for making large breasts smaller.
However, there are certain things that you may not know about the procedure. To gain more perspective, here are 10 things that no one tells you about breast reduction surgery that you should know about.
- You will have to wear a bra throughout the day: After the surgery, the breasts would remain like a molding clay altering shapes for months. So, you will need a supportable and comfortable bra to keep your breasts in shape.
- There will be a drastic change in the nipples: It may take months to regain the sensation after undergoing surgery since many nerves are cut in this surgery. Some people even have oversensitivity after the surgery, which may last for up to 8 weeks.
- You may have to say goodbye to breastfeeding: If you are yet to have a baby, then this is one of the most crucial factors that you need to consider.
- It may change your workout regime: You will not be able to exercise for at least three weeks after the surgery which may even extend depending on your condition.
- Your back may hurt while doing certain things: You may experience pain in the neck and the back after the surgery, and you may even have difficulties in performing certain activities which you could do before effortlessly.
- It may not be covered by your insurance: Insurance companies would never want to cover a breast reduction surgery since it is not deemed as life-saving. However, you can check further to recover some of the cost.
- You may have to take off from work: Even though this may sound a no-brainer, you should be prepared to take at least a week off from work. It is advised to speak with your employer regarding this beforehand.
- You may have to lose weight before the surgery: As a means of preparing your body for the surgery, you might need to lose some body weight before the big day.
- You may have to undergo other procedures as well: Depending on your condition, you may have to undergo other processes such as reshaping and contouring your breasts, which invariably calls for additional expenses.
- Even men can consider it: Some men tend to have breasts similar to a woman’s body and the breast reduction surgery can be one of the effective ways of dealing with it.
The most remarkable part of the surgery is that the nipples would be removed, resized, and then again replaced at a higher place on the breast. So, based on your doctor’s advice and being aware of these facts you can opt for the procedure.
Liposuction is a type cosmetic surgery that refers to the removal of excess fats from the body through suction.During liposuction, small, thin, blunt-tipped tubes (cannula) are inserted through tiny cuts in the skin.
Liposuction is used to remove fat deposits from:
Hips and buttocks.
Abdomen and waist.
Cheeks, chin and neck.
Calves and ankles.
Different techniques are adopted in liposuction process. Some of them are:
Traditional Liposuction: In traditional liposuction, the surgeon uses a thin tube called a cannula, connected to a powerful suction pump.
Tumescent Liposuction: Tumescent liposuction is similar to traditional liposuction, but experts often hail its innovative use of medication and reduced risks for complications.
Super-wet Liposuction: Super-wet liposuction is a variation of the tumescent technique that uses less fluid injection.
Ultrasonic Liposuction: This popular form of liposuction uses a specialized cannula that emits ultrasonic sound waves into the fat deposits to liquefy fat cells and make them easier to remove.
Power Assisted Liposuction: By employing a cannula that has a vibrating tip, surgeons are able to break up fat cells for easier removal.
More and more people are turning to liposuction to help achieve their aesthetic goals. Patients benefit both mentally and physically from liposuction. In fact, liposuction has become one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the world because it is a safe and effective way to remove fat and cellulite in your body. To add to it’s effectiveness, liposuction can be paired with a myriad of complementary procedures such as breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and even facial plastic surgery.
The benefits of liposuction include:
Safe removal of fat
Reduction of cellulite or improvement in the appearance of cellulite
Improved health, usually associated with fat loss
Changes the way you look, and the way others perceive you
Boost in self-esteem
Sculpting areas of body that even exercise and diet don’t seem to impact
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that afflict people. Usually starting around adolescence, it mostly affects younger adults, although they can be found in older adults as well. Acne occurs when the follicles of hair get blocked due to the accumulation of dead skin cells and excess oil production from the sebum glands. These areas then become inflamed, causing a reddish bump which can be unsightly in appearance.
There are multiple treatment options for acne, ranging from oral pills which control hormone levels, to peels and washes. Home remedies which use easily available ingredients are also fairly popular. There are other more modern means such as laser and oxygen treatment which are effective as well. Another commonly employed treatment for acne scars is dermabrasion, which is very effective as well.
What is dermabrasion?
Dermabrasion is a process which involves wearing away the outermost layer of skin through the use of rollers and abrasive devices. The outer layer of skin is the area which contains all the acne scars as well as blemishes and by removing it carefully, dermabrasion encourages the growth of new skin. This new skin is tighter and smoother and thus also results in a younger look.
However, the effectiveness of the treatment also depends on what kinds of techniques are used and the proficiency of the people administering it. These will influence how effective the treatment is as well as how quickly it will restore natural skin from acne prone skin.
Advantages of dermabrasion
While many other treatments such as lasers and peels exist, dermabrasion has stood the test of time because it is very effective in treating specific types of skin problems including acne and acne scars. Here are a few of them:
Dermabrasion is better compared to peels as it can be focused on a specific area of the skin rather than the entire face.
It is better than laser treatments as it doesn’t leave a distinguishing mark between the treated and untreated areas of the skin.
As dermabrasion involves focused treatment, it is good at treating pitted acne scars or deeper acne scars on a specific area of the face.
Information about the procedure
Dermabrasion is usually done as an outpatient basis wherein the patient is usually discharged the same day. There are a few precautions you have to take before and after the procedure. It is performed under local anesthesia. Once completed, dermabrasion may start showing results in the first 24 hours although it will take up to two to three weeks for the skin to heal and for the full results to be visible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Body hair are typically seen as a manly attribution. For this reason, both men and women are constantly trying to keep their body hair free. Common ways of removing body hair includes shaving, waxing and the use of Depilatories. However, none of these techniques can permanently remove hair and hence need to be repeated regularly. The only way to permanently remove body hair is through laser hair removal therapy.
- Laser hair removal can be used to address and remove hair on almost any part of the body including the face, arms, legs and bikini line. This procedure involves focusing intense light on the hair follicle pigments known as melanin without affecting the surrounding skin. The melanin absorbs this light energy and converts it to heat energy which in turn stops the stem cells in the hair roots from regenerating. This weakens the hair follicles to the point of falling off.
- Hair removal is considered permanent when the hair follicles do not grow back. After the first session, new hair growth is often lighter and less dense than before. On an average, complete hair removal may require 5 to 6 laser sessions. Since laser therapy can be used to address only those follicles that are in the growing stage, these sessions are usually spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. During this time the hair follicles that were in the resting phase can grow out. The number of sessions required also depends on the quality and number of hair follicles, individual’s hormone levels, and metabolism. In some cases where hair growth is very dense, maintenance treatment may be required once in six months or annually.
- The procedure is relatively pain free. During the treatment, the patient may experience a faint prick or sensation of warmth. When treating sensitive areas, topical anesthesia may also be used. However, this is rarely needed. This form of laser therapy can take anywhere between 5 to 45 minutes for a single session depending on the amount of area being addressed.
- Laser hair removal is considered a safe procedure and has minimal side effects. In some cases, it may cause a temporary change in the color of the skin of the treated area, but this usually resolves itself without medication. This can be prevented by using a good sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection and avoiding exposure to sunlight. In rare cases, people with a dark complexion may develop blisters and experience swelling and redness of the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Wrinkles are a normal yet unsightly sign of aging, which can come about due to various reasons including too much exposure to the sun, poor diet, excessive smoking and drinking, lack of proper sleep, advent of age, loss of moisture and elasticity as well as collagen, which creates a smooth and supple look, and other such reasons. Cosmetic and plastic surgeons are now turning to a variety of methods to lessen the pronounced look of wrinkles and remove them for younger looking skin. Here are a few methods currently in use.
1. Fillers: Fillers like collagen and others including poly lactic acid, Calcium Hydroxlyapatite and Hyaluronic acid can be used to restore the elasticity of the skin even as they provide precious hydration. These injectables can be used on the face as well as the hands for a smooth and supple look.
2. Botox: To get rid of the lines on the forehead and to prevent the onset of more pronounced wrinkles, Botox or Botulinum Toxin Type A is a favoured element used by many cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists. This is usually administered via injection.
3. Retinoids: This is administered with a surgical procedure in order to remove uneven pigmentation as well as the roughness of skin, which sets in with age and excessive smoking and sun exposure. It may cause skin peeling and redness.
4. Laser: The use of laser resurfacing can also help in stimulating collagen production of the skin, which restores some of its elasticity so that wrinkles may be removed and further wrinkles prevented.
5. Surgery: The use of surgical methods like face lifts, brow lifts and other cosmetic processes can help in giving the skin a tighter look which does away with the appearance of wrinkles. These are usually minor procedures from which one will heal fast.
6. Dermabrasion: This method is a surgical one that basically sands the surface of the skin in order to remove the wrinkles. It can cause side effects like permanent discolouration of the skin as well as scarring for particularly sensitive skin.
7. Peels: Glycolic acid peels and deeper peels that use elements like Salicylic acid can be used to go deep into the skin and making it smooth again. It basically makes a difference to the fine lines. There is a chance of side effects like scarring, bruising and general discolouration in this method as well.
Adequate sleep, good nutrition, avoiding excessive sun exposure and a good skin care regimen can help in keeping wrinkles at bay for a long time. Moisturising with products that contain plenty of vitamin A and E can also help in reducing fine lines. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery
Look around you and you will certainly notice some of your friends already are sporting bald patches or thinning hair even before they reach an age of 40. Until a few years back, baldness was seen as a sign of age or hereditary baldness, but today, there are a number of factors such as stress, environmental pollution or hormonal changes that trigger hair loss or baldness. For all those suffering from this problem, the good news is that science has found a way to cover these bald patches and thicken thin hair through a surgical procedure known as hair transplant surgery.
Hair transplant surgery is of two types; follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS or FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). The former involves removing a strip of the scalp from the back of the head and dividing it into thousands of grafts each with a few hair follicles. On the other hand, follicular unit extraction involves plucking the hair follicles out individually to be made into grafts. These grafts are then inserted into tiny incisions on the bald areas of scalp. Depending on the size of area to be covered, this procedure could take 4-8 hours. You can also take the package for
Post surgery, the patient is prescribed some medication to relieve the pain and itching sensation. You should be able to return to work within a week. After 2 to 3 weeks of the process, the transplanted hair begins to fall out in order to make way from the new growth which may take up to few months. This is normal so do not stress yourself about this. Most people will notice 60% of new hair growth in 6 to 7 months. Full growth occur in one year. In some cases, patients may be prescribed a hair growing drug such as minoxidil to improve the quality and speed of hair growth.
A hair transplant surgery does not address the cause for hair fall and hence in some cases, a repeat procedure becomes necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific hair problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
When it comes to a man's physique, enlarged breasts can be quite embarrassing. This is a condition known as male gynecomastia and affects more men than you would imagine. Though it does not pose a significant health risk, it can affect a man's psychological health and lower his self confidence. The good news is that men suffering from this condition do not need to live with it.
Male breast reduction surgery or gynecomastia surgery, aims at reconfiguring the contours of a man's chest by removing breast fat. The only permanent solution to this condition is surgery. This is because fat tissues are not solely responsible for enlarged breasts. Often glandular tissue is present in excessive amounts as well.
Gynecomastia surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia with liposuction being the most preferred procedure. This procedure begins when the surgeon makes a small incision on each side of the chest. These incisions are usually placed along the natural contours of the body, around the edge of the areola or near the armpit so as to reduce the visibility of scars. Excess fat and glandular tissue is then sucked out of this incision. Simultaneously, the surgeon sculpts the other tissues in the chest to redefine chest contours. Patients are usually advised to wear a compression garment after the surgery to support the healing tissues and minimize swelling.
Results of this procedure are visible almost immediately. Recovery from gynecomastia surgery is usually quick and many men find themselves back to their normal routine within a few days. However, vigorous exercising and heavy lifting should be avoided for a few weeks after the surgery. The patient may also experience slight soreness and minimal pain that can be relieved with over the counter pain killers. Some men may also experience a temporary loss of sensation in the area. Though the results of this procedure are permanent, there is no guarantee that it will not recur.
Gynecomastia may recur as a result of significant weight gain, use of steroids or as a side effect to certain types of medication. Hence, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid drugs that influence your testosterone levels. Regular exercise can also help tone the chest muscles and keep this condition from recurring.
It is the process in which the unwanted and undesirable hair are removed through pulse of light that are highly intense and powerful. During laser hair removal, a pulse beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which hinders its future hair growth. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.
Why is it done?
Laser hair removal is used to reduce unwanted hair. Common treatment locations include legs, underarms, upper lip, chin and bikini line. However, it's possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area, except the eyelid or surrounding area.
Hair color and skin type influence the success of laser hair removal. For example, laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair because the laser beam targets the pigment (melanin) in the hair. However, advancement in technology has made laser hair removal an option for people who have darker skin as well.
Laser hair removal isn't generally effective for white, gray, red or blond hair because the laser can't "see" the lighter hair. However, treatment options for lighter hair continue to be investigated.
What are the advantages of hair removal surgery?
- More precise: Selective target makes it more precise leaving the surrounding hair undamaged.
More speedy and quicker: High speed and highly intensified pulse takes only a fraction of second to treat many hair at the same time. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
More Predictable: It is so because repeated therapies of hair removal may result in permanent loss of hair among several patients.
What are the risks associated with it?
This treatment does not guarantee complete hair removal the hair can grow after having undergone hair removal surgery, but however, the grown hair are more light in color and weight.
What can you expect ?
Before laser hair removal, the hair in the treatment area might be trimmed with a pair of scissors. You'll also be given special goggles to protect your eyes from the laser beam. The doctor might apply a topical anesthetic to your skin to reduce any discomfort during treatment.
To reduce any discomfort, apply ice to the treated area. If you have a skin reaction immediately after laser hair removal, the doctor might apply a steroid cream to the affected area. After laser hair removal, avoid sun exposure, both natural sunlight and tanning beds. When your skin has healed, use sunscreen whenever you're in the sun.