Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha Jindal
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha JindalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Advantages of Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are taken from a donor site (usually the side or back of the head) and implanted on the recipient site that is on the area of baldness. This is a common treatment for men with androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) where the hair follicles reduce due to the influence of androgenic hormones. It can also help women with female pattern baldness.
Many people have reservations about the procedure but hair transplantation comes with a number of advantages, such as:
- Natural growth after surgery The biggest and most obvious benefit of hair transplantation is that it improves your physical appearance and eliminates the problem of balding completely. This is because the implanted hair follicles continue their natural growth process after they have been transplanted. So, your hair does not look artificial. Premature bald spots often result in low self-esteem and self-confidence issues which can be effectively addressed by the surgery.
- Uniform distribution of hair follicles Hair transplantation with latest techniques gives natural distribution of hair and proper coverage of bald areas.
- Easy procedure and no side effects The operation is done under local anaesthesia. You will feel no pain throughout the procedure. It is a very comfortable procedure and you will be awake throughout the procedure. This surgery is done at the level of skin and this is not related to the brain. There is no side effects of this surgery. Today, the surgeons mostly use micro grafts which are placed in such a way that all bald spots are covered with minimal effort.
- One time procedure hair transplantation is the only permanent solution to baldness. No medical treatment for baldness is permanent. Once the hair transplantation has been done, it lasts a lifetime. Since the grafts are made of your own hair, they continue to grow naturally throughout your lifetime allowing you to cut or style your hair as you wish.
Hair transplant is a procedure wherein hair follicles from a donor area of the patient's scalp are transplanted to an area that is losing hair. Hair transplant surgery is gaining popularity over the years due to the high success rates of surgery and advanced technologies; that reduces healing time and gives a more natural outcome. Here is an account of the benefits that the procedure can offer you.
The top five benefits-
- Improved outlook: For people who have been hit by baldness, looking into the mirror is much like self-torture. With excessive hair-loss people tend to lose confidence and their personal and professional life is affected by this. With hair loss, creeps in negativity, humiliation, and loss of self-esteem. Hair transplant surgery is a one-time process that helps to regain hair and improves the way one’ looks and feels.
- Natural process: People usually are very apprehensive about hair transplant surgery. Often considered unsafe, it is widely avoided by a lot of people. But experts have explicitly stated this to be untrue as hair transplant does not involve any chemicals or medicines that can damage hair.
- Elimination of baldness: Once a hair transplant surgery is done, people can forget their worries about a receding hairline or spots of baldness. There are rare chances of having signs of baldness after the surgery is done as results of surgery is effective and solves all problems.
- Cost-effective: One of the most important benefits of hair transplant surgery is that it is cost-effective. All the money spent on surgery feels worth it because one does not need to apply expensive special shampoos and chemicals or to visit the doctor repeatedly. Transplanted hair is entirely like natural hair and needs no special care, attention or maintenance. It lasts for a lifetime, making the cost even more justifiable.
- Permanent solution: Unlike the other “not so long lasting” holistic and topical treatments, hair transplant gives a forever solution to the hair loss issues. With the surgery, one can entirely do away with the ordeal and relax permanently. The hair transplant surgery gives results that last lifelong, thus removing the need to run around every next day for a hair loss solution.
Hair transplant surgery can help people roll back time and look the way, they want. A revolutionary solution to hair loss, the hair transplant surgery can be adapted considering its pros and cons in totality. Upon consultation with your doctor, you may choose between FUSS (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery) or FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction).
With the advancements in cosmetic procedures, achieving the fabulous body, you have always dreamed of is more than possible. Liposuction, also known by various other names such as lipectomy, liposculpture suction, or lipo, is a form of cosmetic surgery, which breaks and then sucks the unwanted fat in areas such as abdomen, buttocks, neck, thighs, chin and upper and back part of the arms and calves. During liposuction, the fat is removed with the help of hollow instrument and powerful vacuum.
Liposuction — A procedure for weight loss
Contrary to popular belief, liposuction is not a treatment for obesity. It is rather one of the most effective means of doing away with body fat. It doesn't remove cellulite or stretch marks on the body. It is rather suitable for those patients who want to improve the contour of the body. This process helps in permanent alteration of the shape of the body, but in case the patients don't follow a healthy lifestyle, there is a risk of gaining unwanted fat again.
Besides these benefits, there are also some risks involved in liposuction, which one should be aware of. These include numbness, infection, and scarring. Also, if a greater amount of fat is removed, it may lead to lumpiness and dents on the skin surface.
Benefits and Risks of Liposuction
Though liposuction is known to offer many benefits, the risks are intertwined with it. Some of these are listed as follows:
1. Liposuction can enhance the shape as well as the contour of the body, but it has a gradual healing process than most other aesthetic surgeries. The resulting bruising may last for about three weeks.
2. Liposuction may help in complete removal of lipomas, which are benign fat tumors in certain parts of the body.
3. It is also useful for gynecomastia where men develop excessive fat tissue in the chest. But liposuction may lead to numbness in certain parts of the body even though it is temporary.
4. The results of liposuction are immediate, in the majority of the cases. One can experience an enhanced body contour, within a day of the surgery. If you can ignore swelling which tends to last for a few weeks, the enhancements and desirable results are almost immediate. However final result comes after three months.
With these few facts in mind, if it is suitable you can opt for liposuction and reap the benefits.
What is vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is also called vaginoplasty or vaginal tightening. It is an elective surgical procedure done under general anesthesia/local anaesthesia with an aim to tighten the inner and outer muscles of the vagina that become loose from vaginal childbirth and normal aging process.
Cosmetic surgery is a branch of plastic surgery focused on enhancing appearance through surgical techniques. It is done mainly to improve aesthetics and is elective as treated areas have normal function. Vaginoplasty as reconstructive surgery is performed in the following cases:
- After treatment of malignancy or abscesses to restore form and function of vagina
- To correct vaginal and uterine prolapse
- Repair of vagina after trauma
- To correct protrusion of urinary bladder or rectum into the vagina
- To repair birth defects in cases of vaginal agenesis and vaginal hypoplasia where the vagina is absent or malformed. It enables normal menstruation, urination, and intercourse of the affected girl.
- In transgender or trans-sexual women.
Vaginoplasty/vaginal rejuvenation as cosmetic surgery is performed for the following reasons:
- To improve the youthful look of the vaginal region
- To enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control
- Improved sexual gratification and increased friction during intercourse.
Sexual satisfaction is of prime importance in a marital relationship. Many women are concerned about the stretching of their vaginas that, at times, ruin their conjugal happiness. To address this problem, the women can consult cosmetic surgeons to reconstruct the vaginal tissues. The cosmetic correction of the vagina (including Vaginoplasty and Labiaplasty) is one of the most trusted cosmetic treatments with multiple benefits.
Following is an account of the common benefits that the treatment can provide you:
1. Check on urinary problems - Many patients suffer from urinary incontinence where urine leaks involuntarily. To treat this problem often urologists, recommend the patient for a vaginal reconstruction which takes about an hour or two and the patient recovers at a minimum period after surgery. After surgery, the tighter muscles of the vagina prevent the leaking of urine in older women.
2. Gives comfort to your movement - A reconstructed labia gives you a feeling of comfort which is usually lost when your labia becomes slack, and a lot of friction is caused during movement. It is a mixed feeling of frustration and discomfort to any woman. A simple Labiaplasty can get you back the comfort of free movement.
3. Regain your self-confidence - A loose vagina is often the cause of an unsatisfied conjugal life. A vaginal rejuvenation surgery helps to tighten the muscles around your vaginal canal and thus helps you and your partner experience better orgasm.
4. Brings back your feminine appeal - Having a loose vagina can often make a woman feel less confident about her feminine appeal. A well-reconstructed vagina brings back the beauty of your vaginal area as the tissues and muscles become firmer after the surgery.
5. Prevents the signs of aging - A vaginal rejuvenation surgery is an advancement in cosmetic surgery which prevents the natural aging of your vagina. It looks younger like your pre-delivery days. After the surgery, the inner walls of your vagina becomes tightened, and therefore the effects of surgery are permanent.
6. Bring symmetry between the Labia Minora - Some women may have an increased labia minora which they are born with while some develop this after their childbirth. In both cases, labiaplasty is an excellent option to correct the asymmetry between the labia minora.
7. Treats a prolapsed uterus - Vaginoplasty or vaginal rejuvenation surgery usually do not address a prolapsed uterus. However, depending on the intensity of your problem, your consultant surgeon may be able to treat the problem during your vaginoplasty.
8. A boost in your intimate part - A vaginal rejuvenation surgery gives you a youthful feeling. You will have a better lubrication and a tighter feeling in your reconstructed vagina. Both Vaginoplasty and Labiaplasty are needed for the inward and outward beautification of the most intimate part of your body.
Considering the intensity of your problem, you and your doctor can discuss the need for opting this procedure.
If you are in the process of considering a breast augmentation procedure, here is an insight into what you can expect. In general, or in the majority of the cases, the surgery encompasses three phases—consultation, operation, and then the most important part, recovery. In most cases, the breast augmentation is completed under general anesthesia where the patient remains asleep through the procedure.
How is the surgery performed?
The surgeon makes an incision in the crease under the breast or under an arm or around the nipple to separate the breast tissues from the connective tissues and the muscles of the chest. This enables the creation of a pocket-like structure behind or before the pectoral muscle. Then the implants are inserted in this pocket and centered behind the nipple.
What may happen after the breast augmentation procedure?
- Soreness and scars: After the surgery, some patients may suffer from soreness accompanied by swelling and bruising for around three weeks after the surgery. The scars tend to fade gradually with the passage of time even though a faint scar remains all through one’s life.
- Discomfort: Some may experience a slight or tolerable pain in the nipple after the surgery. In rare instances, patients undergo sharper, and burning pain with touch. A light massage can help ease the discomfort.
- Swelling: Some people report that their breasts feel firm after the surgery though this is a passing phenomenon. As the swelling subsides, the patients feel natural tenderness in the breasts within a short span of time.
- Things to take care during recovery: Sometimes, surgeons recommend wearing a compression bandage or sports bra for proffering extra support to the breasts and the implants. If there is a pain, then the patient is prescribed pain-relieving medications, as well. Though healing takes a long span of time, however, one can easily resume back to their daily activities within a week. It is advised not follow a strenuous job or continue with any strenuous workout for a few months or till complete recovery.
- Avoid strenuous activities: It is advised to sleep in a recliner for the first 2 days after the surgery, as this reduces the pain and swelling. Also, one should refrain or minimize the number of times one raises the hands above the head. It is advised to refrain from exercising or strenuous workouts for at least 3 to 4 weeks after the surgery.
The week following the surgery will be most difficult, and therefore, it is advised to complete all the important jobs before the surgery so that the body gets the required rest and recovers quickly.
As you can see, it is important to know and learn about the whole process before undergoing the surgery or deciding to undergo surgery so that you can make an informed decision and go about it systematically.
When it comes to a man's physique, enlarged breasts can be quite embarrassing. This is a condition known as male gynecomastia and affects more men than you would imagine. Though it does not pose a significant health risk, it can affect a man's psychological health and lower his self confidence. The good news is that men suffering from this condition do not need to live with it.
Male breast reduction surgery or gynecomastia surgery, aims at reconfiguring the contours of a man's chest by removing breast fat. The only permanent solution to this condition is surgery. This is because fat tissues are not solely responsible for enlarged breasts. Often glandular tissue is present in excessive amounts as well.
Gynecomastia surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia with liposuction being the most preferred procedure. This procedure begins when the surgeon makes a small incision on each side of the chest. These incisions are usually placed along the natural contours of the body, around the edge of the areola or near the armpit so as to reduce the visibility of scars. Excess fat and glandular tissue is then sucked out of this incision. Simultaneously, the surgeon sculpts the other tissues in the chest to redefine chest contours. Patients are usually advised to wear a compression garment after the surgery to support the healing tissues and minimize swelling.
Results of this procedure are visible almost immediately. Recovery from gynecomastia surgery is usually quick and many men find themselves back to their normal routine within a few days. However, vigorous exercising and heavy lifting should be avoided for a few weeks after the surgery. The patient may also experience slight soreness and minimal pain that can be relieved with over the counter pain killers. Some men may also experience a temporary loss of sensation in the area. Though the results of this procedure are permanent, there is no guarantee that it will not recur.
Gynecomastia may recur as a result of significant weight gain, use of steroids or as a side effect to certain types of medication. Hence, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid drugs that influence your testosterone levels. Regular exercise can also help tone the chest muscles and keep this condition from recurring.
Living with large breast can be difficult, as they can cause pain in the neck, back and shoulders due to the sheer size. Thanks to advancement in the field of medicine, the problem has a solution, though. Breast reduction surgery is a surgical intervention for making large breasts smaller.
However, there are certain things that you may not know about the procedure. To gain more perspective, here are 10 things that no one tells you about breast reduction surgery that you should know about.
- You will have to wear a bra throughout the day: After the surgery, the breasts would remain like a molding clay altering shapes for months. So, you will need a supportable and comfortable bra to keep your breasts in shape.
- There will be a drastic change in the nipples: It may take months to regain the sensation after undergoing surgery since many nerves are cut in this surgery. Some people even have oversensitivity after the surgery, which may last for up to 8 weeks.
- You may have to say goodbye to breastfeeding: If you are yet to have a baby, then this is one of the most crucial factors that you need to consider.
- It may change your workout regime: You will not be able to exercise for at least three weeks after the surgery which may even extend depending on your condition.
- Your back may hurt while doing certain things: You may experience pain in the neck and the back after the surgery, and you may even have difficulties in performing certain activities which you could do before effortlessly.
- It may not be covered by your insurance: Insurance companies would never want to cover a breast reduction surgery since it is not deemed as life-saving. However, you can check further to recover some of the cost.
- You may have to take off from work: Even though this may sound a no-brainer, you should be prepared to take at least a week off from work. It is advised to speak with your employer regarding this beforehand.
- You may have to lose weight before the surgery: As a means of preparing your body for the surgery, you might need to lose some body weight before the big day.
- You may have to undergo other procedures as well: Depending on your condition, you may have to undergo other processes such as reshaping and contouring your breasts, which invariably calls for additional expenses.
- Even men can consider it: Some men tend to have breasts similar to a woman’s body and the breast reduction surgery can be one of the effective ways of dealing with it.
The most remarkable part of the surgery is that the nipples would be removed, resized, and then again replaced at a higher place on the breast. So, based on your doctor’s advice and being aware of these facts you can opt for the procedure.
Liposuction is a type cosmetic surgery that refers to the removal of excess fats from the body through suction.During liposuction, small, thin, blunt-tipped tubes (cannula) are inserted through tiny cuts in the skin.
Liposuction is used to remove fat deposits from:
Hips and buttocks.
Abdomen and waist.
Cheeks, chin and neck.
Calves and ankles.
Different techniques are adopted in liposuction process. Some of them are:
Traditional Liposuction: In traditional liposuction, the surgeon uses a thin tube called a cannula, connected to a powerful suction pump.
Tumescent Liposuction: Tumescent liposuction is similar to traditional liposuction, but experts often hail its innovative use of medication and reduced risks for complications.
Super-wet Liposuction: Super-wet liposuction is a variation of the tumescent technique that uses less fluid injection.
Ultrasonic Liposuction: This popular form of liposuction uses a specialized cannula that emits ultrasonic sound waves into the fat deposits to liquefy fat cells and make them easier to remove.
Power Assisted Liposuction: By employing a cannula that has a vibrating tip, surgeons are able to break up fat cells for easier removal.
More and more people are turning to liposuction to help achieve their aesthetic goals. Patients benefit both mentally and physically from liposuction. In fact, liposuction has become one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the world because it is a safe and effective way to remove fat and cellulite in your body. To add to it’s effectiveness, liposuction can be paired with a myriad of complementary procedures such as breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and even facial plastic surgery.
The benefits of liposuction include:
Safe removal of fat
Reduction of cellulite or improvement in the appearance of cellulite
Improved health, usually associated with fat loss
Changes the way you look, and the way others perceive you
Boost in self-esteem
Sculpting areas of body that even exercise and diet don’t seem to impact
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that afflict people. Usually starting around adolescence, it mostly affects younger adults, although they can be found in older adults as well. Acne occurs when the follicles of hair get blocked due to the accumulation of dead skin cells and excess oil production from the sebum glands. These areas then become inflamed, causing a reddish bump which can be unsightly in appearance.
There are multiple treatment options for acne, ranging from oral pills which control hormone levels, to peels and washes. Home remedies which use easily available ingredients are also fairly popular. There are other more modern means such as laser and oxygen treatment which are effective as well. Another commonly employed treatment for acne scars is dermabrasion, which is very effective as well.
What is dermabrasion?
Dermabrasion is a process which involves wearing away the outermost layer of skin through the use of rollers and abrasive devices. The outer layer of skin is the area which contains all the acne scars as well as blemishes and by removing it carefully, dermabrasion encourages the growth of new skin. This new skin is tighter and smoother and thus also results in a younger look.
However, the effectiveness of the treatment also depends on what kinds of techniques are used and the proficiency of the people administering it. These will influence how effective the treatment is as well as how quickly it will restore natural skin from acne prone skin.
Advantages of dermabrasion
While many other treatments such as lasers and peels exist, dermabrasion has stood the test of time because it is very effective in treating specific types of skin problems including acne and acne scars. Here are a few of them:
Dermabrasion is better compared to peels as it can be focused on a specific area of the skin rather than the entire face.
It is better than laser treatments as it doesn’t leave a distinguishing mark between the treated and untreated areas of the skin.
As dermabrasion involves focused treatment, it is good at treating pitted acne scars or deeper acne scars on a specific area of the face.
Information about the procedure
Dermabrasion is usually done as an outpatient basis wherein the patient is usually discharged the same day. There are a few precautions you have to take before and after the procedure. It is performed under local anesthesia. Once completed, dermabrasion may start showing results in the first 24 hours although it will take up to two to three weeks for the skin to heal and for the full results to be visible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!