Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha GeorgeYour feedback matters!
Mostly while I am doing some work in night time, then start the eye pain again, can you tell me some good eye drop for my eyes.
I have red eyes since 1 week what should I do please tell me and I have headache also since 2 weeks cough and cold also there what should I do?
I m highly myopic having peripaillary cnvm in right eye since 3 years. Condition is stable with 7 avastin injectiopns. I am attending for follow up for every 3 months. Will my condition improve by any kind of treatment or I will be with this fear that I may loose my vision one day and become blind ?
I am facing vision prblm in my eyes at tyms I feel the lights are less or something like that? Is it glaucoma starting im relyyy worried plzzz suggest.
Sir i am from bangalore, i have problem in my leftt eye, so that while seeing through left eye is so much unclear, but my right eye was well and good.
Hello doctor, I am a 20 years old student. After complete my daily college felt daily pain on my left eye and head. I am feeling depressed about that. Please help me.
My eye has power -1.25, i want to reduce it ,because it's necessary for defence sector,i wear spectacles regularly,please suggest me,how to reduce power.
I ve a prob from dust, as soon as I get in contact with dirt particles, I start sneezing n nose starts. Their is itching on the forehead and eyes sometimes too.
Feeling like Itching in eyes always at both the side of the eyes in the corner near nose and also throughout the day eye booger get accumulated near corner of my eyes. What is thr reason? Which eye drop should I take?
The are under my eyes is getting thinner im just 18. What can be reasons. please help. I get proper sleep too. If genetic ,can dark circles and sunken eyes be treated what would be the cost.
I am not able to study continuously for an hour because of headache n ma eyes get swollen after continuous concentrating on any thing, doctor advised me to wear spectacles of test -0.75 but I feel that I am not able to see clearly and I feel so irritating to wear ma spectacles. What should I do?
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.