Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha Chaturvedi
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha ChaturvediYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain , especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that a doctor will help you with.
Presently we are in IVF cycle. Embryo transfer was carried out and after seven days from ET doctor ask us to take progrestone test and the result shows as 43 .whether the value is ok to get pregnant. We are very eager to know .pls advice us.
Main 4 saal se preshaan hu lekin mera abhi tak koi baby nhi h main ilaj bhi karwa rhi ho fir bhi main bhot preshan hu.
Hello sir, I had a sex with my partner. In starting I put my penis half inside her vagina for only one time. And did not ejaculate sperm after that I used condom. But her periods did not come after that. The days we were expecting periods is 10 oct 2017 and now its 10 days past and there is no sign or periods. What are the chances that if she is pregnant.
With information being bombarded at us from every side, it often becomes difficult to sift through myths and facts. Indigestion is something many people commonly suffer from and probiotics have become an increasingly popular way to treat this condition. Like everything else probiotics are surrounded by a number of myths and misconceptions. Here are the top 3 myths you shouldn’t fall for when talking about probiotics.
Only people with digestion issues need probiotics
We think of probiotics only when suffering from indigestion and stomach upset, but probiotics do much more than cure the occasional stomach cramp. Probiotics can improve a person’s overall health by reducing sugar cravings and strengthening the immune system. It also helps improve the quality of sleep and boosts energy levels. Regular intake of probiotic supplements has also proven to be beneficial for weight loss. By aiding the digestion process, probiotics also help rid the body of toxins and thus, promote clear and healthy skin. These supplements are especially useful when unwell and should be taken along with antibiotics to fight off possible indigestion that may occur as a side effect of the medication.
All probiotics are the same
Walk into a supermarket and you’re bound to see at least half a dozen different types of probiotics. Probiotics can be had in many forms ranging from yogurt to probiotics supplements. Even if you consume yogurt on a daily basis, it may be a good idea to supplement your meals with a probiotic in cases of chronic indigestion. However, not all probiotics are the same. Probiotics vary in terms of potency and the strain of bacteria they concentrate on. Some of these supplements need to be refrigerated while others do not. However, the method of preservation does not affect the efficacy of the supplement. Also, the same probiotics may affect two people in different ways. This is because there are millions of potential combinations for gut flora. Hence, it is important to find a probiotic that works well for you.
Probiotic – prebiotic – they’re the same thing!
Probiotics and prebiotics both work to improve digestion, but the difference between them is more than a single alphabet. While probiotics refer to the bacteria itself that will multiply in your gut and aid in digestion, prebiotics contains fibre and starche that will nourish bacteria and help gut bacteria flourish. Thus, in a way, prebiotics ‘fertilize’ probiotics. Unlike probiotics that are affected by temperature changes and gradually expelled from the body, prebiotics are not destroyed in the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My wife get pregnant after 3 months of delivery by operation (scissors) and our first baby has expired due to hole in heart please give us advice.
Hi, my baby 3 month old ,I feeding him properly. Suddenly my breast milk produce less ,my friend suggest stimulate powder may I drink this?
I am 29 weeks pregnant and the baby is already in head down position so I wanted to know if it is alright?
Hi, I am a married woman. Before marriage my breast size was very small but after marriage it was increased too much I want to reduce the size so please suggest me few remedies. My periods were irregular is this a reason for increased size of breast? How can my periods be regulated so that I can get kids. Tnq.
1. What does the toothpaste do?
Toothpaste is an abrasive material which helps in mechanical action of toothbrush in removing plaque and debris from teeth and gums. Some medicated toothpastes are available which contain fluoride which helps in preventing tooth decay. Also toothpaste helps in removing bad breath and halitosis.
2. How much toothpaste do we need to brush our teeth?
For kids below 3 years of age just a “Smear” of toothpaste is needed.
For age above 3 years “Pea size” amount of tooth paste is enough.
3. Can we brush our teeth without toothpaste?
Major cleaning action is performed by toothbrush & toothpaste is only an adjunct to it. So, minimal amount of toothpaste is sufficient combined with a good brushing technique.