Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha Aggarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Women’s anatomy is different from men’s anatomy and so are the problems that they face. Women’s anatomy is special, complicated, and unique, they face several gynaecological problems at different stages. Getting to know your body, possible health problems, their causes, and preventive measures will help you stay away from such health issues.
Causes of gynaecological problems in today’s life:
Today, most women are career focussed and work extensively. The enormous work pressure is a leading cause of many of the gynaecological disorders. A recent study shows that 68% of working women suffer lifestyle diseases like obesity, depression, diabetes, hypertension and backache. Most of them skip meals and often eat junk and processed food. Environment pollution, lack of sleep, less sunlight exposure, lack of exercise, poor nutrition, anxiety, insecurity, excessive intake of alcohol and drug are among the other causes of these diseases. The lifestyle changes and lack of awareness have resulted in problems like breast cancer, infertility, menstrual disorders, high-risk pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
Some common gynaecological problems:
- Breast Cancer: One of the leading cause of untimely death in women is breast cancer. Many women irrespective of the race and region are getting affected by breast cancer. Women over forty years are more prone to this cancer. Early diagnosis and general lifestyle changes result in increased survival rate. As a preventive measure for breast cancer, women over 40 years should opt for a mammogram scan once in 2 years. Self-examination of breasts is recommended as well.
- Menstrual Disorders: Menstrual disorders include Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia, Irregular bleeding, Dysmenorrhoea, etc. Common causes for menstrual disorders are stress, hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, diet, lack of physical activities, etc. When the menstrual cycle is absent, it is called Amenorrhea, and when the secretion of menstrual fluid is more than the average, it is called Menorrhagia.
- Infertility: The inability to conceive a baby is called infertility and the problem seems to be on the rise every year. The major causes of infertility in women are inadequate levels of hormones and problems with ovulation. Many treatments are available to improve the chances of conception. Hormone treatments, drugs to increase fertility, and surgical procedures to name a few. However, regular exercises, balanced diet, and stress-free life are natural ways that may offer a huge relief from this problem.
- High-risk pregnancy: When in a pregnancy there are too many complications than the normal pregnancy it is called a High-risk pregnancy. Late marriage, lifestyle disorders, conceiving after 35years may cause a high-risk pregnancy. In a high-risk pregnancy bleeding during the 3rd trimester, RH incompatibility, abnormalities of reproductive tract may happen.
Preventive measures against the gynaecological problems:
Other than the medicinal and clinical support there are some precautions by which a woman can take away the gynaecological problems from herself.
- Healthy Diet: Lots of fresh fruits and green vegetables along with a well-balanced diet is imperative for a disease-free life. Avoid junk foods, aerated drinks, and fatty foods. Don’t skip the meal and eat in proper time.
- Physical activity every day: Indulge in any kind of physical activity or sport. From swimming to running to yoga and aerobics, choose the one you love and get going, every day. Being active is the key to keep lifestyle diseases away.
I delivered a baby through c section. Post that, I am not having enough milk to breast feed baby. There is very less and baby was loosing weight. I was given an injection as well as lactare powder to increase milk. It's been 3 weeks post delivery and I still don't see any effect. Is there any tablet or any other efficient way I can increase breast milk.
I am 11 weeks pregnant and I have this severe itching problem on the feet during nights. Is it cholestasis? If yes den kindly lemme know the cure? N will it have effects on the baby?
I am 23 years old trying to convince fastly so I consulted doctor she advice me ovabless health supplement, MTHFR tablet, and cholecalciferol D360, and My question is all these tablets are safe to take one month and helps me to convince?
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is an extreme type of morning sickness. It is a pregnancy related queasiness and additionally painful at times. It can stop proper intake of food and other nourishments in your system which would affect the growing baby within, as well. Affecting around one to three percent of ladies, HG can lead to weight reduction, lack of healthy food intake and dehydration. In extreme cases, it can lead to unnatural birth cycle and, it can at times, be lethal.
Certain reasons can expand a woman’s odds of having serious morning sickness during pregnancy. Notwithstanding, having a family history of the condition, the following can put a woman at risk:
- The conceiving amount (twins, triplets, and so on.)
- History of motion sickness in general
- A headache or migraines with nausea
The queasiness or nausea can be so extreme at times that it can affect both, the mother as well as the baby. The powerlessness to not being able to eat the proper nourishment makes it difficult for the woman to meet her health and nutrient needs. Subsequently, she may get weaker. Furthermore, lost liquids, combined with the loss of stomach acid that happens during pregnancy, can bring about the lack of hydration and cause a complicated pregnancy.
In case a woman does not get treatment, it can bring about numerous complexities, including organ failure and the untimely birth of the infant. It is critical to talk to the specialist if a pregnant woman has any of the following indications:
- Sickness that continues throughout the day, making it difficult to eat or drink
- Vomiting that happens three to four times each day or losing one’s appetite
- Vomit that has blood or dashes of blood in it
- Weight reduction
- Black out or unsteadiness
- Diminished urine
- Fast heart rate
- Continuous migraine
- Parched mouth
- Extreme weakness
Medications that are normally used for morning sickness, for example, eating dry saltines in the morning might be suggested for women with extreme morning sickness. Treatments for this condition may include:
- A brief time of not eating by mouth to rest the gastrointestinal framework
- Intravenous (IV) liquids
- Vitamin and nourishing supplements
In case it is extreme, the pregnant lady might get a prescription to stop the vomiting, either by mouth or through an IV. The specialist may suggest eating foods with ginger or taking vitamin B6 supplements to mitigate sickness. The following can likewise offer assistance:
- Following a bland diet
- Eating regular little meals
- Drinking a lot of liquids when not feeling nauseous
- Staying away from hot and greasy foods
- Eating high-protein snacks
- Staying away from tactile boosts that can act as triggers
Therefore, morning sickness or vomiting is not always to be taken lightly during pregnancy. One should always consult a specialist when going through the same in an extreme way.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had sex with my boyfriend. I had pill on 1 day again next day we did n then again I took pill. After having it from next day m feeling weakness n then periods had to start 3 days after that it has also not started some bleeding was there but periods did not started. still weakness is there what should I do? Is this because of the side effects of taking 2 pills? Will my periods start? Is there anything to worry? Will I be pregnant? Please guide me for the best possible solution.
What are the symptoms of pregnancy. I haven't missed my period and have done 2 times pregnancy test and got negative result. I have got married 50 days back i.e. On feb 2nd. I am getting tired nd fainting easily nd getting vomiting sensation so much. What are the chances for me to get early pregnancy. Just suggest me the chances.
Do not take medicines for heart disease or high blood pressure without talking to a doctor. This could be dangerous.