Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha AggarwalYour feedback matters!
My menses are not regular and I am trying to conceive from sep bt still nt able to. My last period date was 20th jan. In feb I do not get my periods. I checked also but it was negative. So please advice what should I do to conceive? Nd which med I shd take?
My wife had unwanted 72 yesterday around 1 Pm and today around 3 pm she started vomiting. Thrice she vomited. Is there any symptoms of getting pregnant or this is the side effects of the pill consumed. Is there anything to worry of?
1. Start slow
Don’t just jump right in and start exercising five days a week -- that’s a recipe for disaster, says john higgins, md, director of exercise physiology at the university of texas health science center in houston. It’s better that you gradually work up to exercising several days per week while you see how your body responds.
“Start slow and go slow,” Dr. Higgins said. “the current recommendation is 2-3 days per week, for at least 30 minutes per day. But for someone who is just starting out, we recommend that they start at 1-2 days per week and ramp it up from there.”
Tip 2: Know when to stretch
Stretching right before a workout may seem like the best thing to do, but you might be putting yourself at risk of injury.
“After you warm up, you should stretch your muscles and hold it for about 15 seconds,” higgins said. “you are less likely to injure yourself when you’re stretching if your muscles are already a little warmed up.”
Tip 3: Mix it up
Whether you’re going for weight loss or bulking up, a mixed regimen of aerobic and strength training is the best way to achieve the body you want. But even within those categories, don’t stick to the same exercises every day, higgins said.
Jillian michaels' workout dos and don'ts
Want to see results at the gym? here are a few dos and don’ts to help you get more bang for your buck.
“don’t go running every day,” he said. “it’ll get boring and you’ll get to a point where you don’t enjoy it anymore. Try biking, or the elliptical or whatever you enjoy most. If you like to play basketball or tennis, do that, because you’re more likely to stick to something you enjoy.”
In addition, move between the four various types of exercise, which are aerobic, resistance (strength) training, flexibility (which includes yoga) and balance, which is especially important for seniors.
Tip 4: Know your weight and the right way to use it
Most people are confused the first time they walk into a gym, higgins said, but are afraid of asking for advice. But if that’s you -- get over it.
“if you don’t know ask,” he said. “by law, gyms have to have people who can help show you how to work out on the machine, and it can save you from badly injuring yourself.”
In addition, many gym newbies go for the heaviest weight they can -- a rookie mistake.
“Go on a weight machine and, starting at the lowest weight, pull it down and keep adding on from there. Just keep increasing the weight until you reach a point where you can only do one or you can’t do any. That’s too much”
Once you find your maximum weight, two-thirds of that number is where you should start.
“You should be able to do about 12 reps,” higgins said. “it should be easy, but it shouldn’t be difficult to the point where you’re straining.”
Finally, once you have a weight you’re comfortable with, don’t get too eager to increase it.
“You should not increase it more than 10 percent in a week,” higgins said. “if you do, your risk of injury increases exponentially.”
Tip 5: Know when to take a break
When people start out, they are often overzealous and try to get to the gym every day, higgins said. However, by not letting your body rest, you can be doing much more harm than good.
“If you don’t give your body time to heal and repair itself, your performance will go down and you’ll get into a vicious cycle where you never fully recover,” he said.
And if you’re sore after a workout, that’s good -- unless it hurts too much.
“It is normal to have pain and soreness after exercise,” higgins said. “don’t run to take a painkiller, because that can mask pain and cause you to do real damage to your body. Let yourself recover naturally.”
I have itchy red bumps on my abdomen and inner thighs and it's slowly spreading. I visited a dermatologist last month and he said its a fungal infection and gave me some medicine but it's not helping at all. I was tested positive for herpes on November 2015. But last month the doctor told me that it's not because of herpes. I have been applying fucibet everyday but it's not helping much. I would like to request you to kindly give me some good medicines.
My girl friend should get periods after 13th march but she didn't get. We had unprotected sex many times after 1st march 2016. Today is April 1st and still she doesn't have her periods. I insisted her to eat papaya bcos I heard that I can terminate pregnancy.
I had hormonal problem due to which there was ovarian cyst I took medicine for two years but still sometimes I have severe pain. please suggest me some proper treatment.
Tubal ligation involves a surgical procedure in which the fallopian tubes of a woman are either cut or tied. The procedure is aimed at preventing the passage of eggs from the ovaries to the fallopian tubes, where they are usually fertilized by a sperm. A gynaecologist is the one who performs the surgery, and it is a permanent birth control method for women.
Tubal Ligation Methods
The different ways in which tubal ligation can be done are:
- Laparoscopy: This is usually done with general anesthesia wherein surgical tools and viewing instruments are inserted through two small incisions made in the abdomen and then the tubes are clipped.
- A Postpartum tubal ligation: This is usually done within 24-36 hours of childbirth. The fallopian tubes are at a higher position after childbirth, so a small incision is made under the belly button and the tubes are stitched closed.
Expectations after Surgery
- You will need no more birth control backup method after the surgery.
- The gas used during the surgery might still be left inside your stomach; as a result your stomach might be a bit swollen as a result, but it goes away usually in one or two days.
- You should make sure not to rub or disturb the incision for about a week while you take a bath.
How well does Tubal Ligation work?
Tubal ligation is a form of permanent birth control as it is quite efficient in stopping the passage of eggs to the fallopian tubes. Statistics show that about 5 out of 1000 women run the chance of pregnancy after the surgery; most of them were either pregnant during the time of the surgery or the surgery wasn't done correctly.
Possible risk factors
There are no major complications in case of tubal ligation. But there are certain risks which should be considered:
- Minor risks-Either wound separation or infection.
- Major risks-There can be some cases of heavy blood loss or organ injury due to faulty surgical techniques.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tubal Ligation Advantage
Being a permanent method of birth control, it allows you to be sexually active without anxiety of pregnancy.
Tubal ligation doesn't stop you from contracting sexually transmitted diseases, so make sure to protect yourselves against them.
From when should I start giving papaya and its seeds to control the birth after having unprotected physical relation.
1. First, don’t isolate yourself – When you’re feeling lonely it is hard to go out and be with others who seem to be OK, and don’t really notice how lonely you feel. But putting up a wall and withdrawing from your friends will only intensify that sense of loneliness, and will further undermine your self-esteem.
2. Second, keep yourself busy – Do things that you normally enjoy with others. For example, listening to a band or maybe going to watch a game … or you could always try something that’s new, but interests you! That would allow you to connect in a non-threatening way … as it takes the focus off talking, and off you.
3. Third, be kind to yourself - It’s likely that you regularly beat yourself up, criticise yourself and are unrealistic in the kinds of expectations that you have for yourself. So what, if it goes wrong? You can always try again – just learn what you can from the experience. And notice your successes and the times when it goes well. It’s likely that this happens a lot more than you think!
4. Fourth, recognise that we ALL battle loneliness at times - You’re not some kind of freak – it’s actually quite normal. It something we’ve all known and understand.
5. Fifth, talk to someone you like and trust – It can really help to talk about your feelings with a family member, a friend or counsellor. It relieves some of the painful sense of isolation – and help to get your life back in perspective again.