Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiwani Nirwal
Submit a review for Dr. Shiwani NirwalYour feedback matters!
My Wife is getting too much angry every time on any little conversation from getup in the morning to go to sleep. I am in full of tension. She speaks very very very rude language. She is fighting with me. She do not knows what she is doing in angry mood. I do not know what is in his brain. Please advice me what can I do for my wife. As early as possible. She do that activities in angry mood that we can not expect. Please help me what can I do?
Dear doctor I got a dream that I am kissed by my classmate on my lips why I got that type of dream did I have any special interest on that person how can I know.
I'm not studying well, I wake up too late @9 am still Im sleep to Early@12 am & I'm find excuses for studying. I make my study plan but that not followed properly. Sir please give me some advice to overcome this problems.
I can not control my mind. I am tired. My mind is down in day by day. I detached from my family. I can not laugh or smile. My exams is on after 2 days. I can not concentrate and study. I cry every days. How can I recover?
Dr. I am now tired .From last 4 years I have been suffering from depression and from last year's ocd. I manages the ocd but depression has made my life hell. I took medicines Nd still taking. I don't know when I'll feel like earlier. Now I am tired .I want to die. What to do.
Recently most of us were shaken by the death of the well-known television actress, Pratyusha Banerjee. Her sudden death has brought to light the very common yet under-addressed problem - Depression - that a number of youths are living with.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Although cases of depression can vary from an individual to the other, there are signs that one can look out for, to identify a depressed person:
- Low mood most of the time of day along with frequent crying spells
- Feeling of unworthiness and low self-respect are very common in a depressed person. Due to these feelings, the affected person may become very critical and disapproving about himself or herself.
- Lack of enjoyment and loss of interest in a depressed person makes them no longer derive pleasure from things that once gave him or her happiness.
- Exhaustion and insomnia are signs that one should look out for in a depressed individual. These are usually due to changes in sleep patterns, from sleeping a lot because of feelings of constant fatigue or due to instances of wakefulness.
- From indulging in comfort eating to losing the will to eat, predominantly loss of appetite characterizes a depressed person.
- Difficulty in recalling details and tendency to over generalize as also problem-solving issues can point to the presence of depression
- Unexplained bodily pains and aches are another characteristics of the condition.
What are the different types of depression?
Regarding the different forms of this mental health issue, it comes in several forms along with their distinct symptoms, effects, and causes. These are:
- Major depression
- Recurrent depressive disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Bipolar disorder
How can it affect your life?
More than 90% people who commit suicide suffer from some form of psychiatric illness and depression is the most common reason. The despair that usually accompanies depression makes the thought of taking one's life as the only means available to escape the pain. In addition to suicidal thoughts, it can also affect one's functioning in day to day life if help is not sought in time.
Depression is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.