Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shivlata GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am not getting pregnant after one year of my marriage. During sex we do not use any kind of safety like condoms or pills etc. What could be reason?
I feel extreme pain in my vaginal opening and its inside part whenever I touch it also there is a pain in my whole pubic area. What should I do. Pls suggest some medicine.
Plz tell me what a issue create with me. My wife is not pregnant. We both do all types of sex. But one thing that is regularly repeat with me. In the last the sex is over. The sperm fallen down outside from vagina. . please suggest me.
Green tea is an antioxidant and helps in
Metabolism. If your main goal is to lose weight, then the best way is to drink it regularly.
It is important to know that green tea alone will not help in weight loss alone. You have to combine other weight loss techniques like proper dieting and exercising. Green tea is yet effective for losing weight, but its process is very slow. Daily consumption should be 4 cups on an average.
Irritability, insomnia, heart palpitations, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, and loss of appetite.
I am suffering from improper urination, that is I have frequent urge, unsatisfactory urination & it drips afterwords & wets my underwear. No diabetes, but my father died of prostate cancer. More over I possess hypersexuality which I don't want as my wife is not that interested in sex & I don't want to try any other way to fulfill this need. Please guide me.
Let's all break the taboo against psychiatry and accept it as any other field of Medicine. Let's all join and raise awareness and spread the message "Dignity in mental health" and treat people suffering from such illness with respect.
Join hands, help break the taboo.
Let me clear some common misconceptions we have about psychiatry today:
- People suffering from mental illness are not "mentally disturbed" there are different kinds of problems and we should stop labelling them.
- Psychiatric medications are NOT addictive!
- You are "NOT WEAK" if you seek help of psychiatrist. In fact you are mentally strong and mature enough to understand you have a problem and will do what is right to solve it rather than running away from and issue
- Illness is not under patients control it is not all In their head!
- Hypertension and diabetes are all long term illnesses we take medications for that them, then why not for depression and other psychiatric illnesses?
- This is just an imbalance of neurochemicals, just treat it and lead a peaceful life.
- Psychiatric illnesses are treatable.
Hope this helps and clears some doubts lingering in our minds.
I am having irregular periods for 1 year my periods come in two months and when they come I notice clot of blood also coming out so please can you tel me about clots in periods and how can they be dissolve and how can I have regular periods in a month.
Does boobs swell due to pressing it? Many say hand pressing enlarge it. Please tell me if it affects and remedies for it if any. Thanking you. Age 25.
I have had this issue recently, whenever I drink water or any liquid, I began to have pain in my lower abdomen on the left side, but as soon as I urinate it gets back to normal, what can be the issue?
Which is the first day of period for my wife and how to period days count? Since we are planning to have baby but I will be travelling I get limited time to have sex so which is right day to have sex for baby. My wife getting 2days late in her period cycle. I want to know how is bleeding day is 1st day of period or what?
Is missed periods are always a sign of pregnancy even if test is negative. In such a case should we wait or consult doctor and what can be reasons for missed periods.
Menorrhagia is a condition that is marked by heavy menstrual bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycles. Most women have a unique bleeding pattern during that time of the month with the flow going up and down over the first few days. Yet, for many women, the bleeding becomes consistently heavy during all the days of the period, during which the period itself may get extended by a few days. If this pattern continues to occurs, one must get it checked out by a doctor at the earliest. Here are a few ways in which this condition may be treated.
Factors considered during treatment: Before the treatment starts, and during the diagnosis stage, the doctor will take a look at a number of factors so that the correct form of treatment may be prescribed to the patient. To begin with, the doctor will take a complete medical history of the patient, including the family history to ascertain whether or not there may be a genetic problem at play. Further, the future childbearing plans of the patient will also be taken into consideration in such cases so that the treatment method does not hinder such plans. Also, the doctor will also try and understand the effect of the symptoms of this condition before prescribing any particular medication and surgery.
- Medication: Iron supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines will be prescribed for the patient to bring down the level of inflammation and restore the production of blood, which will make up for the rapidly flowing blood from the body. This will also prevent the risk of anemia (Learn how anemia affects the human health). Oral contraceptives, tranexamic acid, oral progesterone and hormonal therapy can also help in such cases.
- Dilation and curettage: This procedure is also known as D&C, and it basically helps in dilation or opening up of the cervix so that the doctor may suction the tissue from the uterine lining. This tissue is usually known to bring about excessive bleeding.
- Uterine artery embolisation: This is a procedure which shrinks any existing fibroids that may be the cause behind excessive bleeding. In this procedure, the uterine arteries are blocked and the blood supply to the same is cut off so that the fibroids do not get a chance to grow and cause unnecessary pressure that may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that removes the cervix as well as the uterus (You can learn more about infections of the Uterus), and is usually the last resort followed by most doctors. In such cases, the doctor will first ascertain whether or not you plan to have any children in the future. Additionally, the ovaries may also be removed if the condition has spread too much to be contained sufficiently.