Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shivani SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Doctor, my periods are always irregular. This time delayed for 10 days and then I got for 3 days bleeding which is too heavy. I am very weak now. How to control this problem every month ? I am 44 years old female. Please give me some remedy.
I had body sex last week. No penetration or anything. During sex my partner bite me on both sides of neck. Now I am having mark on both sides. Its been 5 days but the love bites are not going away nor they are fading. So, is this normal or any serious issue? I am really worried. Also, it was a random hook up. I do not know the name with whom I hooked up. So, I do not have any info if my partner was infected or anything? (Does AIDS get transferred by biting) ? What needs to be done? Will it automatically go away? Please gelp.
Jeera or cumin can do more than add flavour to your food. For your health to benefit from jeera, boil a spoon of raw jeera with a cup of water and strain it. This tea can help resolve a number of health issues, skin and hair problems. This should ideally be taken on an empty stomach in the morning. Some of the health benefits of jeera water are:
- It aids digestion: A glass of jeera water in the morning can stimulate the production of enzymes that help break down carbohydrates, glucose and fats. It also enhances your metabolism and prevents diarrhoea, nausea and gaseousness among other indigestion problems.
- It helps remove toxins: Jeera water is rich in antioxidants that can help flush toxins from the body and promote the healthy functioning of internal organs. This is especially beneficial for the liver.
- It boosts immunity: Jeera is rich in iron, which helps the immune system function optimally. A glass of jeera water can account for up to 7% of the recommended daily iron intake. Vitamins A and C, which help protect the body against infections, are also found in jeera water.
- It helps treat anaemia: The high levels of iron in jeera make it ideal for treating anaemic patients. Without adequate iron, the body will not be able to produce enough red blood cells and hence hamper circulation of oxygen-rich blood.
- It improves the respiratory system: Jeera has anti-congestive properties. Hence, drinking a glass of jeera water can help dilute and discharge mucus in the chest. Its antiseptic properties also help kill microbes that cause colds and coughs.
- It improves the quality of your sleep: Jeera water can help cure insomnia to a large degree. Not only does it help you fall asleep faster, it can also ensure you have a better quality of sleep.
- It improves memory: Jeera can help enhance ones brainpower. This helps sharpen your memory and increases your attention span.
- It helps achieve clear skin: Jeera is full of fibre and free radical scavengers. This helps detoxify the body and helps make their elimination smoother. By fighting free radicals, jeera water helps keep the skin clear and adds a natural glow. This also makes jeera an effective way of treating acne. Jeera also has antioxidant properties that help prevent premature aging. Additionally, jeera water can soothe the skin and increase the skin’s ability to absorb nutrients from food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Betnesol injection safe during pregnancy. And any side effects after delivery for baby and mother. Please explain. My doctor preferred for betnesol. Previously my wife delivered prematurely and baby died for lungs are not matured.
According to a study conducted by “Psychology Today”, it was found that couples who underwent a pre-marriage counselling have had more mutual understanding and lesser divorce rates. Given the staggering rate of divorce these days, it is wise to go through a pre-marriage counselling before tying the knots. Here are the top 10 benefits of a pre-marriage counselling:
- Discuss the hot topics: The biggest benefit of a pre-marriage counselling is the fact that most of the hot topics such as which religion will the children follow, what happens when the in-laws interfere in the relationship, which car to buy etc. reach an easy consent. This step will help to settle down on some of the most important events of life without having to fight, argue or divorce.
- Wisdom of the counsellor: The wisdom of a marriage counsellor goes a long way in settling some of the initial apprehensions of marriage. Having gone through the process of marriage and counselling many others, a counsellor knows where the shoe pinches and how to address them maturely.
- Set the expectation right: A pre-marriage counsellor helps to set the expectation right for both the bride and the groom. An open discussion helps a couple gauge the kind of adjustments they must do after marriage. This ensures that there are no pretensions with each other.
- Communication: Communication is by far the most important aspect of a relationship. A counselling session helps a couple understand the importance of listening to each other, discussing issues without arguing and not taking each other for granted.
- Review finance: Finance is a big matter of discussion for any couple. Be it the monthly budget, savings, spending everything is related to finance. Although uncomfortable, both the partners might discuss the financial situation at great length to avoid any unnecessary complications going forward. A pre-marriage counselling helps in doing just that.
- Discuss what matters the most: A pre-marriage counselling gives a couple the chance to discuss what matters the most to them. For instance, it can be career, freedom, space or anything. This counselling session will help the partners find out about each other’s passion.
- Discover the unknown: This session gives a unique chance to the partners to find out things that never got discussed before. Stuff like past trauma, hidden talent, untold emotions and so on are included here.
- Prevent the stumble: It has become fairly common among couples to split within months of marriage because of disagreements. A pre-marriage session can greatly help to avoid such a situation by making perspectives clear to each other.
- Lay down the rules: A marriage is the union of two lives. It is, therefore, necessary to understand the do’s and the don’ts. Understanding the liking and the disliking of each other is essential for a marriage to survive.
- Discuss the future: Above all, a pre-marriage counsellor helps couples to understand what they want. Since both of them influence each other a great deal, discussing future such as children, time needed for the family, personal goals etc. can be discussed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Cervical Cerclage (Cervical Stitch Operation)
This is also called as cervical stitch operation. The cervix is the mouth or entry point of the uterus which extends into the vagina.
It is advised in cases where a woman may have a previous second-trimester pregnancy loss or some procedure done on the cervix earlier leading to weakness of the cervix. This weakness may lead to a lax birth passage through which a premature baby can slip out accidently, causing a miscarriage or premature birth.
What is it?
It is an operation done to surgically close the cervix so that the baby does not slip out through the open passage. A small suture is passed through the cervix and tied similar to the way one would tie a filled balloon. This stitch is expected to hold the pregnancy and the baby securely inside till we remove the stitch near delivery.
When should it be done?
An emergency stitch may have to be applied anytime during pregnancy when your doctor feels that the cervix is showing signs of opening. These signs may appear on ultrasound scan or while examining your cervix.
An elective procedure is usually done between 12-14 weeks of pregnancy.
What should I expect before the surgery?
You would be admitted to the hospital and put on some intravenous medication to quieten the uterus. Antibiotics may be started on the basis of your vaginal culture reports.
Surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia and takes around 30 minutes.
What happens after the surgery?
Slight bleeding and cramps in the stomach may happen after the surgery and you would be given medications to make you comfortable.
One usually needs to stay in the hospital for one or two days after the surgery to look for signs of miscarriage or any other complication.
Once you go home you should avoid exertion, vaginal intercourse and lift heavy weights( not more than 5-8 kgs) for the rest of the pregnancy.
Please inform your doctor immediately if you have any excessive discharge from the vagina/ fever/ pain in your belly or any other discomfort.
You must follow your doctor's advice on regular checkups and other investigations during the rest of the pregnancy.
When do we remove the stitch?
The stitch remains in place for the rest of the pregnancy till around 37 weeks. It may have to be removed earlier if you start your contractions or go into preterm labor.
The stitch is usually removed without any anesthesia but if there is any problem in its removal because of its position or extra tissue growing over it, then a short anesthesia may be required to cut it.
Hi sir I am married men my wife doesn't show in interest I want to increase the sexual desire in my wife Please prescribe me any treatment or any medicine for this.
Its my periods time and am suffering from weired burning sensation in urinary path I am going continuously washroom and after every pee there is irritation. I feel unable to apply any remedy during this period. Guide me how can I get rid of this.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex but I ejaculated outside on 17 november just a day after her periods. And she took I pill in 24 hrs. But there is 5 days delay in her periods now. She is having no symptoms of pregnancy. Is she pregnant. If no why there is delay in her periods.
Someone telling daily doing sex only make normal delivery else it can be cesarean. Is it true. Pls explain.
Sir I am 18 years old girl my weight is 45 my height is 164. In this month periods not occur? What was the problem? What are the steps did I do?
Can breast bleeding indicate for pregnancy. After know about breast bleeding. What should be do for next to stop bleeding. After pregnancy can any effect on vagina. Lastly during pregnancy can we stop sex daily.
Last menses 9 may-14 may. 28 day cycle usually. Had postpone 72 on 18 may (after 28 hours of sex) and ipill on 25 may (after 1 hour of sex). Bleeding 31 may- 2 june (lighter but decent amount) & light spotting - 2 days. Feeling bloated, very gassy & nauseated. Sour taste & lot of saliva. Why digestive problems? Could I b pregnant? Wen will my next period be?
I had a protected sex with my wife. But she missed her periods of 2 weeks. We a bit tensed. And if she is pregnant how to avoid. Cuz we are not ready for baby.
Mirena is a contraception that can be inserted into the uterus for long term use. This insertion is done with a proper clinical procedure. The Mirena is a device that may be classified as a hormonal Intrauterine device (IUD). This device releases a kind of progestin, which prevents the sperm from travelling to the egg to fertilise it. This hormone basically makes the cervical mucus thick and makes the uterine lining thin, so that ovulation gets suppressed.
Let us get to know more about the procedure and the results of Mirena Insertion.
Reasons: There are a variety of reasons why women use this kind of long term contraception. After insertion, one does not need to have any interruptions in the act of sex in order to look for and use contraception. It also reduces the risk of developing pelvic inflammatory disease. This kind of disease is usually caused by sexually transmitted diseases. This kind of device can also help in bringing down the pain experienced during menstrual cycles. It also reduces the risk of falling prey to endometrial cancer as well as cervical cancer.
Eligibility: You are not an eligible candidate for this kind of procedure if you have suffered from breast cancer, cervical cancer or liver disease. Also, if you suffer from diabetes or other cardiovascular diseases, then it is not safe to go through this procedure.
Procedure: The procedure will be carried out at the doctor’s clinic. The gynaecologist will insert a speculum into your vagina. Then, the doctor will continue to clean the area including the cervix with the help of an antiseptic solution. Thereafter, a special instrument will be used in order to align the uterine cavity with the cervical canal. During this process, the doctor will also measure the depth of the patient’s uterine cavity. The device will then be folded and placed within an applicator tube, which will be inserted into the cervical canal. Then, the applicator tube will be removed. After this, the device will remain in place.
Result: Once the device has been inserted, it will be effective for a period of at least five years. Every month, you will need to get the strings of the device checked so that they are not protruding from the cervix. You may experience side effects like pain during sex as well as others like headaches and persistent migraines. These must be reported to the doctor so that the doctor may deal with any complications.
Removal: If there are any kinds of complications and risks that may develop after the procedure, the doctor can remove this device. This can be done with the help of forceps. The device can also be removed and replaced after five years. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Health tip: Prepare the juice of 5 grms nimb-morr, 50 ml water, 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of black pepper powder. Take it daily morning empty stomach in chaitra month to prevent yourself from seasonal acidity, indigestion and viral infections like small pox.
We are mortals and changes are bound to happen in the functioning of our body and the organ's of the body with every passing day. How the body reacts to the external environment needs to be constantly studied. Therefore, It is important to keep a check of what's happening within your body and live a healthy life.
The check could be need based as suggested by doctor to diagnose a disease or for a general health! Ultrasound scan is an important diagnostic measure to check the state of the organs inside our body via sound waves. It's is also known as sonogram, diagnostic sonography and ultrasonography.
Types of Ultrasound
Although all types of ultrasound basically work the same, but there are a few differences in the below listed types of ultrasound. Doctor's conduct the test basis the need.
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Echocardiograms Carotid Ultrasound
How does it work and why it is done?
It uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of some part of the inside of the body, such as heart and blood vessels, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, and testicles.
- View the uterus and ovaries of a pregnant woman and assess her foetus
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate flow in blood vessels
- Assess abdominal pain or other concerns
- Guides a surgeon on a needle biopsy and treatment of a tumor
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, uterine growth and endometriosis
- The thyroid gland can be imaged using ultrasound looking for nodules, growths, or tumors
- Detect bulging of fluid from a swollen knee joint
- Veins evaluation to assess whether swelling in a leg is due to a blood clot, deep vein thrombosis or another cause
Why Ultrasound is preferred over other methods
- Generally painless and does not require needles, injections or incisions.
- Patients aren't exposed to ionizing radiation, making the procedure safer than diagnostic techniques, such as X-rays and CT scans. In fact, there are no known harmful effects when used as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Ultrasound captures images of soft tissues that don't show up well on X-rays.
- Ultrasound is widely accessible and less expensive than other methods.
It has some limitations, such as the sound waves do not transmit well through dense bones or parts of the body that may hold air or gas, such as the bowel and thus has a diagnostic limitation.